At Research Studios Austria Forschungsgesellschaft - RSA FG we work to bring innovations in the field of digital intelligence from Austria's universities to the market. The Research Studio Data Science (DSc) develops new methods and applications for the use of large amounts of data. For our applied research work we look for a:
Data Scientist PhD Position (f/m/d)
30 hours/week (3 years)
Your profile: You have a university degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or other natural sciences, and you meet the relevant criteria of the TU Wien doctoral programme https://informatics.tuwien.ac.at/doctoral/ ).
- Knowledge on Information Retrieval, Machine Learning, Intelligent Data-Analysis, Text Analysis
- Programming / prototyping skills in Java and/or Python. Other programming languages are a bonus.
- Working with and querying databases, code sharing, issue tracking (JIRA, GIT).
- Publications are of advantage
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal (e.g. IELTS at 7.0 or higher)
Your field of activity:
- Working in an international research project of the Research Studio Data Science and towards obtaining a PhD from TU Wien, Faculty of Informatics.
- Independently and collaboratively designing Information Retrieval and Extraction experiments.
- Training and testing hypotheses, principles and models, including AI/ML models.
- Co/authoring research papers, reports and funding bids.
- Presenting y/our research at conferences, workshops and public events.
Your personal abilities and qualities:
- Understanding of project aims and specific tasks, reporting and communicating in English.
- Ability to proactively seek solutions to complex problems without needing to be micromanaged
- Ability to plan and prioritise own workload and forward plan
- Ability to do science systematically, with integrity and to follow good research practices
- Team player able to work to challenging targets
- Knowledge of German or willingness to learn
- Working in a Linux environment (deployment, essential scripting, configuration, logging, etc.).
At the 1090, Thurngasse location near the University of Vienna there are three RSA FG research studios that offer you an interdisciplinary work environment. You work in a friendly atmosphere and in a team of young, committed researchers at the intersection between academic work and innovative market implementation.
Remuneration according to qualifications and willingness to perform begins with a gross monthly salary of
€ 2.000 EUR to 2.237 EUR for 30 hours / week.
Projected starting date (delays are possible): April 2021.
The 3-year (1 + 2) PhD contract will be awarded on a first come first serve basis to the first suitable candidate. Female candidates and candidates with minority backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply.
Please send applications including cover letter, motivation, curriculum vitae and certificates to our Chief Researcher of the RSA FG by email via firstname.lastname@example.org . We look forward to hearing from you.
Student Assistant (M/F/D), Leibniz, Germany, 9 days ago
For the President’s Research Group, the WZB Berlin Social Science Center is looking for a Student Assistant (m/f/d) to begin by June 1, 2021, initially for a duration of 12 months and with the pos...
Open Ph D Position In The Area Of Natural Language Processing , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 11 hours ago
13.04.2021, Wissenschaftliches Personal The chair of Software Engineering for Business Information Systems (sebis) at the Technical University of Munich is looking for an excellent candidate for a...
Doctoral Scholarship Holder Geomorphology And Ecology Of Coastal Wetlands, University of Antwerp, Belgium, 40 minutes ago
Department: Department of Biology Regime Full-time Let’s shape the future - University of Antwerp The University of Antwerp is a dynamic, forward-thinking, European university. We offer an innova...
Postdoctoral Position In Model Reduction And Surrogate Modelling , University of Southern Denmark, Denmark, about 19 hours ago
The Computational Science Section at the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science , University of Southern Denmark (SDU) invites applications for a two-year postdoc research position starti...
Four Student Assistants (M/F/D), Leibniz, Germany, about 21 hours ago
For its department “Institutions and Political Inequality” (Director: Prof. Macartan Humphreys, Ph.D.), the Berlin Social Science Center (WZB) is looking for Four Student Assistants (m/f/d) on a t...
Student System / AppliCaTion AdmiNisTrator (Linux) (F/M/D), Silicon Austria Labs, Austria, about 5 hours ago
Your future responsibilities As a member of our IT team: You will be working on a Linux environment. The priorities are process automation, up-time, robustness and optimization of the system inclu...