Job ID: IQOQII072DOC21
The Institute for Quantum Optics and Quantum Information Innsbruck (IQOQI-IBK ) of the Austrian Academy of Sciences (OeAW ), Austria`s leading non-university research and science institution, dedicates its work to theoretical and experimental basic research in the areas of quantum science. IQOQI is pleased to invite applications for
2 PhD Student Positions (f*m)
(part-time, 30h per week)
in the IQOQI research group “Dipolar Quantum gases”, led by Prof. Francesca Ferlaino.
- Work on an experiment with ultracold dipolar quantum gases including regular maintenance, planning and implementing upgrades and extensions, performing measurements
- Analysis of experimental results and writing scientific publications
- Tutor bachelor and master students
- Representing the group on conferences and workshops via poster presentations and talks
- Supporting the group in administrative tasks
- Master's degree in physics
- Practical experience with experimental techniques used in cold atom and quantum gas experiments, especially laser and optical setups, vacuum technology, electronics, etc.
- Experimental know-how on cooling and trapping two- and multi-valence electron atoms
- Experience in data analysis and theoretical modelling of physical systems
- Knowledge of the theoretical description of quantum systems in general and many-body systems in the context of ultracold dipolar quantum gases in specific
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Ability to work in a team and to present scientific results to the community
- Fulfillment of the official requirements for PhD students of the University of Innsbruck
- Interesting field of activity in a dynamic environment
- Flextime arrangement
- Possibility to work in an innovative team
- Numerous social benefits for employees
We offer an annual gross salary of € 31.326,40 before taxes based on the salary scheme of the Austrian Science Fund (FWF )..
We invite you to send your application, including a letter of motivation, your curriculum vitae and certificates to email@example.com , mentioning Job ID: IQOQII072DOC21 no later than July 20, 2021. Applications are considered until the positions are filled.
The Austrian Academy of Sciences (OeAW) pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity. The OeAW lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.
Icfo International Ph D Fellowship Positions (Winter 2021) , Institute of Photonic Sciences, Luxembourg, about 5 hours ago
ICFO is offering a limited number of PhD positions to well-qualified graduate students, who wish to obtain a doctoral degree in any of the research topics available within the current call at ICFO...
Ph D Student In Experimental Quantum Technology: Quantum Magnetometry, Stockholm University, Sweden, about 12 hours ago
at the Department of Physics . Closing date: 29 September 2021. The Department of Physics is located in the AlbaNova University Center and has approximately 240 employees, 250 students at undergra...
Ph D Position In The Field Of Atomic Quantum Emitters In 2 D Materials, Empa, Switzerland, about 13 hours ago
Empa - the place where innovation starts Empa is the research institute for materials science and technology of the ETH Domain and conducts cutting-edge research for the benefit of industry and th...
Student Assistant Position (Hi Wi) In The Experimental Laboratory Of The Institute Of Structural Engineering , ETH Zurich, Switzerland, about 4 hours ago
In der aktuellen Covid-19 Situation laufen die Rekrutierungen weiter. Es kann dabei allerdings zu Verzögerungen kommen. Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis. 10%-20%, Zurich, fixed-term The Engineering...
Sb – Ph D In Resonant Cavity Spectroscopy Of Rare Earth Magnets, EPFL, Switzerland, about 20 hours ago
The Laboratory for Quantum Magnetism (LQM ) is looking for a motivated candidate who wishes to perform his/her Ph.D. in a stimulating and dynamic atmosphere at the forefront of scientific research...
Ph D Positions Available In Experimental Physics Of Functional Spin Systems, Physics Department Tum , Technical University of Munich, Germany, 4 days ago
16.09.2021, Wissenschaftliches Personal In the group of Experimental Physics of Functional Spin Systems at Department of Physics, Technical University Munich, two PhD positions are immediately ava...