Applications open: 1/03/2023
Applications close: 31/05/2023
About this scholarship
The Western Australian Government has launched a prestigious Scholarship program to be awarded annually to two high-achieving international postgraduate students who choose to study at Curtin University, Western Australia. The scholarship is valued at AUD$50,000 each and will be provided as a fee discount towards the course tuition fees.
- Future Students
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Faculty of Health Sciences
- Faculty of Humanities
Faculty of Science & Engineering
- Science courses
- Engineering courses
- Western Australian School of Mines (WASM)
- Postgraduate coursework
- Higher Degree by Research
- International Student
- Merit Based
This scholarship provides eligible students with AUD$50,000 to use towards the course tuition fees.
- All postgraduate degrees (master by coursework and research) available to international students
Please see Curtin's website for more information about courses.
- Is only for international, full-fee paying and non-sponsored students
- Must hold a citizenship of one of the following countries: Brazil, Colombia, Hong Kong, Japan, Kenya, India, Indonesia, Republic of South Korea (South Korea), Singapore, South Africa, Philippines, Vietnam, Zimbabwe
- Is only for students commencing studies at one of Curtin’s Western Australia (WA) campuses for the first time between Semester 2, 2023 and 31 December 2023 (any prior studies commenced or completed in WA are not eligible)
- Is only for students who have received a letter of Offer to study a minimum of a 2-year course
- Must have achieved a minimum course weighted average of 90% or the equivalent that forms the basis of admission into the course of study
- Have met the criteria to obtain an international student visa to study in Australia and commencing studies onshore between Semester 2, 2023 and 31 December 2023
- Cannot be on a packaged pathway arrangement but to commence directly in a postgraduate course
- Cannot be retained or deferred if the recipient defers their studies beyond the approved study period
- Not a recipient of or be prepared to decline any other scholarships they may have been previously granted by the University, State or Commonwealth if successful in being awarded with the above Scholarship
- Scholarship will be processed and credited to the successful recipient’s fee account after the census date
As the application and decision process is competitive, Curtin reserves the right to determine if additional requirements may apply in order to assess and evaluate the applications (e.g. interview, personal statement, references etc).
Assessment and selection will only take place after the closing date of the scholarship. Successful recipients will be notified by July 2023.
To prevent the scholarship being revoked, the recipient:
- Must remain enrolled as an international student for the duration of the Scholarship
- Must remain enrolled in initial course and major of study
- Must maintain a full time enrolment each semester or study period
- Cannot breach the scholarship conditions outlined in the terms and conditions
- Cannot take a leave of absence or withdraw from their units or course of study
- Cannot be terminated from studies
- Must abide by Curtin's policies and procedures, Student charter and not be found guilty of serious misconduct
GPO Box S1512
Perth Western Australia 6845
T: (Calling from within Australia) +1300 222 888 (Select Options 2-2-1)
T: (Calling from overseas) +61 8 9266 5888
Webform: Ask International
Global Curtin is located in Curtin Connect, Building 102.
Business hours: Mon - Fri 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Scholarships Email Alert
Sign up now
Dvcr Wamsi Mardie Research Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 6 days ago
This PhD project will investigate the environmental drivers that influence productivity and ecosystem function of cyanobacterial mats in intertidal systems. It is funded by the Western Australian ...
Sandrina Park Graduate Award, Murdoch University, Australia, about 2 hours ago
Sandrina Park Graduate Award The Sandrina Park Award was established in 1983 with an endowment provided by Mal and Sandy Nairn to support postgraduate research in rural based industries. The award...
School Of Arts And Humanities Climate Justice Ph D Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia, about 15 hours ago
At a glance This scholarship provides funding to support a PhD candidate to explore knowledges, capacities and actions of the Western Australian (WA) community service sector’s understanding of an...
Graduate Women Wa Scholarships And Bursaries, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 1 day ago
At a glance Graduate Women WA has established these awards to assist women enrolled in higher degrees by research to enhance the quality of their research and project. The scholarship is offered a...
The Arthur Mc Comb Ph D Field Work Grant, Murdoch University, Australia, 3 days ago
The Arthur McComb PhD Field Work Grant Arthur McComb was Professor of Environmental Science at Murdoch University from 1989 – 1996. He was passionate in wanting to improve the state of environmen...
Alistair Murdoch Research Bursary In Animal Health And Welfare, Murdoch University, Australia, 3 days ago
Alistair Murdoch Research Bursary in Animal Health and Welfare The Alistair Murdoch Research Bursary was established through donations from family and friends of Alistair Murdoch in his memory, to...