Applications open: 1/08/2023
Applications close: 30/11/2023
About this scholarship
The Western Australian Government has launched a prestigious Scholarship program to be awarded to a high-achieving international undergraduate student who chooses to study at Curtin University, Western Australia. The scholarship is valued at AUD$50,000 each and will be provided as a fee discount towards the course tuition fees.
- Future Students
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Faculty of Health Sciences
- Faculty of Humanities
Faculty of Science & Engineering
- Science courses
- Engineering courses
- Western Australian School of Mines (WASM)
- International Student
- Merit Based
This scholarship provides an eligible student with AUD$50,000 to use towards the course tuition fees.
- All undergraduate degrees available to international students
Please see Curtin's website for more information about courses.
- Is only for international, full-fee paying and non-sponsored students.
- Must hold a citizenship of one of the following countries: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brazil, China, Colombia, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kenya, Malaysia, Nepal, Oman, Republic of Korea (South Korea), Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Sri Lanka, The Philippines, Vietnam, Zimbabwe.
- Is only for students commencing studies at Curtin Perth campus for the first time in Semester 1, 2024. (any prior studies commenced or completed in WA are not eligible)
- Is only for students who have received a Letter of Offer for a full course duration of at least 2 years, without credit or exemption based on prior learning.
- Must have achieved a minimum ATAR of 95 or the equivalent in a completed higher secondary study, or a minimum course weighted average of 90% or the equivalent in tertiary studies that form the basis of admission into the course of study. (For International Baccalaureate (IB) and UK/Cambridge GCE A-Level qualifications, forecast result can be considered for the purpose of this scholarship application)
- Have met the criteria to obtain an international student visa to study in Australia and commencing studies onshore in Semester 1, 2024.
- Must accept your offer for admission no later than the date indicated in your offer letter.
- Cannot be on a packaged pathway arrangement but to commence directly in an undergraduate course.
- Cannot be retained or deferred if the recipient defers their studies beyond the approved study period.
- Not a recipient of or be prepared to decline any other scholarships they may have been previously granted by the University, State or Commonwealth if successful in being awarded with the above Scholarship.
- Scholarship will be processed and credited to the successful recipient’s fee account after the census date.
As the application and decision process is competitive, Curtin reserves the right to determine if additional requirements may apply in order to assess and evaluate the applications (e.g. interview, personal statement, references etc).
Assessment and selection will only take place after the closing date of the scholarship. Successful recipients will be notified in January 2024.
To prevent the scholarship being revoked, the recipient:
- Must remain enrolled as an international student for the duration of the Scholarship
- Must remain enrolled in initial course and major of study
- Must maintain a full time enrolment each semester or study period
- Cannot breach the scholarship conditions outlined in the terms and conditions
- Cannot take a leave of absence or withdraw from their units or course of study
- Cannot be terminated from studies
- Must abide by Curtin's policies and procedures, Student charter and not be found guilty of serious misconduct
GPO Box S1512
Perth Western Australia 6845
T: (Calling from within Australia) +1300 222 888 (Select Options 2-2-1)
T: (Calling from overseas) +61 8 9266 5888
Webform: Ask International
Global Curtin is located in Curtin Connect, Building 102.
Business hours: Mon - Fri 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Scholarships Email Alert
Sign up now
The Fiona Lavelle And Tinesh Tamilkodi Memorial Scholarships, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 1 day ago
The Fiona Lavelle and Tinesh Tamilkodi Memorial Scholarships, generously supported by St John Ambulance Australia will be offered for the first time in 2024. Two scholarships valued at $20,000 eac...
Advanced Indonesian Language Travel Bursary, Murdoch University, Australia, about 3 hours ago
Advanced Indonesian Language Travel Bursary Are you looking to extend professionally as a Teacher? The Advanced Indonesian Language Travel Bursary can assist you to gain fluency and experience abr...
Baidam Solutions And Tenable Aboriginal And Torres Strait Islander Stem Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 1 day ago
At a glance This scholarship is open to current ECU students. For more information, contact AskUs Eligibility guidelines To be eligible for this scholarship you must: be Aboriginal and/or Torres S...
Corporeal Health Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 1 day ago
At a glance This scholarship is open to current ECU students. For more information, contact AskUs Eligibility guidelines To be eligible for this scholarship you must: have attended a remote or reg...