The UTS International Research Scholarship (UTS IRS) is provided by the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) as part of its long term commitment to internationalisation with a particular view to enhancing its international links and profile in research. It is aimed at attracting high quality international students to work in areas of research strength at UTS. Each year, UTS offers up to 60 UTS IRS to eligible Higher Degree Research (HDR) candidates who demonstrate exceptional research potential.
Value and duration
The UTS IRS only covers the tuition fees for a period of two years for a Research Masters degree or three years for a Research Doctorate degree. The UTS IRS is not transferable to another institution. The mandatory cost of a standard Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) is not covered by the UTS IRS.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the UTS IRS, a student must:
- be an overseas student as defined in the Higher Education Support Act 2003 (Cth); and
- purchase and maintain a standard OSHC policy approved by the Commonwealth government Department of Health and Ageing; and
- be commencing full-time enrolment in a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) at UTS;
- be undertaking study in a subject area identified by the University as one of its areas of research concentration; and
- not hold a research qualification regarded by the University to be equivalent to an Australian research doctorate degree or, if undertaking a research master's degree, not hold a research qualification regarded by the provider to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian research master's degree; and
- not have held an Australian Agency for International Development scholarship within the two years prior to commencing the UTS IRS; and
- not be receiving a scholarship for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme to which the Australian Government makes a substantial contribution; and
- not previously have received a UTS IRS for a research doctorate degree, unless converting to a research master's degree; and
- not previously have received an UTS IRS for a research master's degree, unless: ii) that degree was completed and the student is immediately undertaking a research doctorate degree; or ii) the student has converted their HDR under paragraph 3.25.15 of the Commonwealth Scholarships Guidelines (Research) 2010
Applications for this scholarship have currently closed. Further details on how to apply will be made available here during the application period.
Opening date: 01/05/2012
Closing date: 20/08/2012
For further information contact
UTS: Graduate Research School
Phone: +61 2 9514 1694
Back to list
Ph D Scholarship In Mid Infrared Upconversion Imaging And Spectroscopy Using Short Pulse Light Sources, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 13 hours ago
Apply no later than 15 October 2017 Apply for the job at DTU Fotonik by completing the following form. Apply online DTU Fotonik works with all areas of photonic engineering, including a strong foc...
Usq Higher Degree By Research (Hdr) Equity Bursary Scholarship, University of Southern Queensland, Australia, about 24 hours ago
USQ is offering a number of HDR Equity Bursaries up to the value of $1000 for current international students experiencing financial hardship. Eligibility Applications for the HDR Equity Bursary Sc...
Postgraduate Scholarship In Oculomotor Physiology, University of Sydney, Australia, about 11 hours ago
Funding Body: The University of Sydney Title: Postgraduate Scholarship in Oculomotor Physiology Research Areas: Health Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: A unique opportunity is avai...
Australian National University Scholarships, Massey University, New Zealand, 6 days ago
Back to results Closing date: to be announced GRADUATE STUDIES IN CHEMISTRY 2006 PhD Research Scholarships in the field of Organic Chemistry, Biological Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, and Physica...
Tce Acc Postgraduate Scholarship In Novel Noncoding Rna Based Therapy For Adrenocortical Cancer, University of Sydney, Australia, 4 days ago
Funding Body: The University of Sydney Title: TCE ACC Postgraduate Scholarship in Novel Noncoding RNA-based therapy for adrenocortical cancer Research Areas: Health Sciences Type Postgraduate Rese...
Nz Netherlands Foundation Scholarship, Massey University, New Zealand, 14 days ago
Closing date: to be announced 13.Purpose The scholarship is offered by the New Zealand Netherlands Foundation for the purpose of encouraging postgraduate research at Massey University on historica...