Apply now Job no:517901
Location:Melbourne - Burwood
Categories:Student Services, Customer Service
Student success is everyone’s business and all staff at Deakin can be a part of providing a successful student experience.
- Multiple roles available @ Melbourne Burwood Campus
- Full-time and continuing
- HEW 5 $ 71,467 + 17% Superannuation
Working in a dynamic, encouraging, and knowledgeable team, the Student Adviser is the first point of contact. Providing advice and support to students across the University via multiple channels such as phone, email and face-to-face, covering general enquiries and course advice all the way through the full life-cycle of a student.
To thrive in this role you need to be empathic and have exceptional interpersonal and emotional intelligence skills coupled with drive and perseverance when problem-solving in a fast-paced environment, handling numerous tasks at once.
With a student-centred approach your strong communication style, ability to problem solve and manage complex end-to-end student cases for a diverse range of students, along with a learning mindset and ability to work in a changing environment this role will provide you with immense career satisfaction.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- To be the primary student-facing contact for enquiries through the student central hubs - via email, phone, face to face or webchat on a rotational basis and represent the University accordingly when dealing with all enquiries from visitors, prospective and current students.
- Providing advice to students on a wide range of University processes and procedures relating to courses, admissions, enrolments, fees, scholarships, assessments, examinations, graduations and government requirements for domestic and international students, peer support programs, financial and student support mechanisms.
- Providing advice and assistance/referral to the specialist and support services to support the health and well-being of students.
- Providing technical support to students using systems such as StudentConnect, DeakinSync, the Deakin Applicant Portal, STAR (student timetable system), and resolves queries such as IT access and password enquiries, result release.
- Assisting with, and participating in, Student Service Network initiatives and projects, and resourcing of orientation and Open Day activities.
To be successful, you’ll have:
- Excellent customer service skills demonstrating an exceptional phone manner and a positive attitude
- Highly-developed communication skills, with an ability to be clear and concise in the dissemination of information and advice.
- Capacity to quickly develop knowledge and understanding of the University’s structure, its operations and processes.
- Demonstrated ability to use a variety of information technology software packages.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to show initiative.
- Proven ability to deal with difficult customers and to be able to work effectively with a variety of people and have an understanding of, and empathy for, the needs of customers at all levels and across all cultures.
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated commitment to teamwork and the maintenance of a supportive work
For a copy of the position description, please see below:
Student Adviser HEW 5.pdf
Applications for this position close on 8th December 2021.
This role requires the incumbent to apply for and maintain a Working With Children Check (refer to Deakin’s Recruitment Procedure for further details).
In the cover letter (maximum two pages), please explain your interest in and suitability for the role, including examples demonstrating capability, your skills and your aspirations for the position.
Are You Ready?
Deakin is a Victorian university with a global impact. We are an agile, dynamic and innovative university committed to making a positive impact through our excellence in education, research and innovation and the contributions we make to the wider community.
We understand that our reputation has been built on the dedication and expertise of our staff and we offer a dynamic and diverse working environment with opportunities to grow and develop careers. We believe that a progressive, thriving culture will ensure that people choose to come, and stay at Deakin and contribute to our ongoing success.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.
NOTE: Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples are strongly encouraged to apply.
Ph D In Infrastructure Governance, Monash University, Australia, about 13 hours ago
PhD in Infrastructure Governance Job No.: 630236 Faculty/Portfolio: Faculty of Art, Design & Architecture (MADA) Location: Caulfield campus Employment Type: Full-time Principal Supervisor: Associa...
Ph D Scholarship Opportunity: Injury Prevention Graduate Research Industry Partnership (Ip Grip) With Work Safe Victoria, Monash University, Australia, about 13 hours ago
PhD Scholarship Opportunity: Injury Prevention Graduate Research Industry Partnership (IP GRIP) with WorkSafe Victoria Job No.: 630108 Location: Clayton campus Employment Type: Full-time Duration:...
Ph D Scholarship Biopolymer Composite, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia, about 19 hours ago
School of Engineering, Hawthorn Design and fabricate high-performance environmentally friendly binder materials Fixed term position until 25 May 2025 Exciting project aiming to design and fabricat...
Ph D Research Scholarship In Ai And Energy, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia, about 19 hours ago
Collaborative project between Swinburne University of Technology and CSIRO Energy Full time, 3 year scholarship at our Hawthorn campus $28,597 per annum (2021 SUPRA rate) About the Scholarship Thi...
Ph D In Biomedical Engineering Hydrogels For Efficient 3 D Printing Of Hierarchical Biomimetic... (# Of Pos: 2), University of Melbourne, Australia, 4 days ago
PhD positions are currently available supervised by Professor Andrea O'Connor and Dr Brooke Farrugia within the Department of Biomedical Engineering at The University of Melbourne The Project :...
Long Family Ph D Scholarship For Sjögren’s Syndrome, Monash University, Australia, about 12 hours ago
Long Family PhD Scholarship for Sjögren’s syndrome Job No.: 629033 Location: School of Clinical Sciences, Monash Medical Centre, Clayton Employment Type: Full-time Duration: 3-year fixed-term appo...