Rhodes Trust : Rhodes Scholarships
External Closing Date: 01-09-2011
The RHODES TRUST offers nine Rhodes Scholarships in Australia each year to enable outstanding students – chosen on the basis of exceptional intellect, character, leadership, and commitment to service – to study at the University of Oxford. One scholarship is offered for each state and three for Australia at Large.
The first Australian Rhodes Scholars took up residence in Oxford in 1904, and since that time many hundreds of Australians have been awarded this prestigious scholarship. They have pursued a variety of careers in public service, academia, business, law, and medicine, amongst others.
A Rhodes Scholarship covers:
- All University and College fees;
- A personal stipend which is fixed by the Trustees; For 2012 - 2013 not less than £977 per month.
- One economy class airfare to Oxford at the start of the scholarship and one economy flight back to the student's home country at the conclusion of the scholarship.
To be eligible to apply you must:
- be at least 18 years old but less than 25 years old on 1 October 2011; and
- be Australian citizens, have been resident in Australia for at least five of the last ten years, and be available for interview in Australia at the time of selection in October 2011. Candidates for the Australia at Large Scholarships are usually interviewed in Canberra in the first week in December; and
- have completed (or be due to complete by December 2011) either at least four years of undergraduate study (normally a Bachelor's degree with first or upper second class honours, or a combined degree with first or upper second class results) or an equivalent combination of undergraduate and postgraduate study as a degree awarding body in Australia or overseas.
Should you wish to submit an application, you must contact the Honorary Secretary to the State Selection Committee in your state.
Honorary Secretary to the South Australian Selection Committee
Ms Bronwyn Simondson
Vice-President (Strategy & Planning)
Flinders University of South Australia
Telephone: (08) 8201 3532 begin_of_the_skype_highlightingend_of_the_skype_highlighting
Fax: (08) 8201 3934
- WWW address for more information: http://www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk/page/australia
Cpa Australia Cpa Program Scholarship 2018, Australian Scholarships Foundation, Australia, about 7 hours ago
Scholarship Overview The scholarship entitles recipients to an exemption from all CPA Program subject fees. The award covers course fees starting from the date awarded. Guidance for Applicants: Th...
Uts Humanitarian Scholarship, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, about 9 hours ago
The UTS Humanitarian Scholarship has been established to support undergraduate study for students holding Asylum Seeker Bridging Visas or Temporary Protection Visas (TPV) as a result of their arri...
Sir William Tyree Award In Commerce (Honours Or Postgrad. Coursework) Puca1006, University of New South Wales, Australia, 1 day ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Honours year students, Postgraduate students Opens 01/10/2017 Closing Date 28/02/2018 For commencement Semester 1 2018 Value $2,500 1 Scholarship(s) available For 1 y...
Unsw Hong Kong Alumni Award Ugce1019, University of New South Wales, Australia, 1 day ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage High school leavers, First year students, Second year students, Third year and above, Honours year students Opens 01/10/2017 Closing Date 31/03/2018 For commencement ...
Sydney West Translational Cancer Research Centre Ph D Scholarship, University of Sydney, Australia, about 3 hours ago
Funding Body: The University of Sydney Title: Sydney West Translational Cancer Research Centre PhD Scholarship Research Areas: Health Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: A unique oppo...
Sida Foundation Mary White Memorial Award Ugca1114, University of New South Wales, Australia, 1 day ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Third year and above Opens 04/10/2017 Closing Date 31/01/2018 For commencement Semester 1 2018 Value $3,000 1 Scholarship(s) available For 2 years Residency Aus Citiz...