- Be a part of Australia’s leading science and research organisation
- Analyse foods, food ingredients and other biological samples for nutritional/biochemical analytes
- Work in the Nutritional Analytical Laboratory
You will play a pivotal role within a highly synergistic team working closely with scientists and technical staff to analyse foods, food ingredients and biological samples of relevance to the research and development of dietary strategies to improve human health. This requires a unique combination of planning and organisational skills, analytical methods including wet chemistry, chromatographic (such as HPLC, GC) and spectrophotometric techniques, and technical experience working in a laboratory specialising in the analysis of food/biological samples.
Specifically you will:
- Analyse foods, food ingredients and other biological samples for nutritional/biochemical analytes by application of a variety of established methods including wet chemistry, spectrophotometric and chromatographic (HPLC, GC and HPIC) techniques;
- Assay development and preparation and maintenance of Safe Work Instructions;
- Assist with the collection, processing and appropriate storage of biological samples (urine, faeces, digesta, blood) for future analyses;
- Assist in the preparation and production of technical reports and presentations;
- Maintenance of analytical instrumentation (HPCL, GC, UV/Vis, plate readers);
- Maintain accurate records of all experimental work, including computer data management.
Location: Adelaide, SA
Salary: $59K to $79K p.a. plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 2 Year Term
Ref No.: SA14/00626
To be considered you will hold a tertiary qualification (Bachelor Degree, Diploma, Certificate or equivalent) in a relevant scientific discipline and/or equivalent experience.
You will also have:
- Experience working in a laboratory specialising in the analysis of food, food ingredients and or biological samples;
- High level of self motivation with good planning, organisational and task scheduling skills;
- Practical experience in analytical methods including wet chemistry, chromatographic (such as HPLC, GC) and ideally spectrophotometric techniques;
- Proven ability to work effectively and contribute to multidisciplinary research teams under limited supervision.
Australia is founding its future on science and innovation. Its national science agency, the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), is a powerhouse of ideas, technologies and skills for building prosperity, growth, health and sustainability. It serves governments, industries, business and communities.
About CSIRO Animal, Food and Health Sciences:
From the farm, to fork, to health, we're applying the latest in animal, life and food sciences to support a sustainable and healthy future for your industries and communities. For further information please see http://www.csiro.au/cafhsApplications close 30th March 2014 (11:30pm Adelaide time).
Click on the link below for the full position description and selection criteria.
SA14/00626 Position Details
IMPORTANT: This site is optimised for - Internet Explorer 7.0 (or later browser versions), Safari, Firefox 3 (or later browser versions) and Chrome. Note that earlier versions of any of the browsers mentioned are supported, but likely to demonstrate slower response times.
Research Associate Food Microbiology Laboratory, University of Alberta, Canada, 3 days ago
ALES AFNS General Competition No. - A108133898 Closing Date - Sep 25, 2017 Our Food Microbiology Laboratory is looking for a Research Associate to use advanced methods in microbial and enz...
Ph D Scholarship In Health Related Effects Of Quinoa Impact On Intestinal Permeability And Immune Responses, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 1 day ago
Apply no later than 24 September 2017 Apply for the job at DTU Food by completing the following form. Apply online National Food Institute at the Technical University of Denmark (DTU Food) invites...
Nz Institute For Crop & Food Research Ltd Maori Scholarship, Massey University, New Zealand, 17 days ago
Closing date: to be announced The New Zealand Institute for Crop & Food Research Ltd offers a scholarship to Maori students annually. The scholarships provide a student with up to four months of p...
] The Louis Pasteur Lecturer In Food Science, , United States, about 1 hour ago
The College of Agriculture and Life Sciences is a pioneering practitioner of purpose-driven science and Cornell University’s second largest college. We work across disciplines to tackle the challe...
Nutrition Associate, University of Missouri, United States, 24 days ago
NUTRITION ASSOCIATE-17002898 Job : Facilities Operations/Technical Primary Location : Columbia Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job Unposting Date : Ongoing Description Hours: 7am – 3:30pm with e...
Food Tasting Panel Sensory Panelist, University of Otago, New Zealand, 9 days ago
Food Tasting Panel - Sensory Panelist-1701407 DEPARTMENT OF FOOD SCIENCE Food Tasting Panel Would you like to become a member of an expert food tasting panel? Panellists participate as part of a t...