- Collaborative project between Swinburne University of Technology and CSIRO Energy
- Full time, 3 year scholarship at our Hawthorn campus
- $28,597 per annum (2021 SUPRA rate)
About the Scholarship
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic university and a vibrant research group conducting cutting edge research in the intersection of the Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Energy. The successful applicant will undertake a PhD project focusing on AI (Machine learning/Deep learning) application in Energy domain to improve the electricity price forecasting.
We are seeking outstanding PhD applicants to work on a joint collaborative project between Swinburne University of Technology and CSIRO Energy. Some tentative tasks within the project include:
• Develop a deep learning method for automatic identification of extreme events in a given time series (Anomaly detection), such as the historical low/high price events in electricity price signal,
• Determine the relevance of the identified extreme events to extreme events of other time series. For example, the relevance of high/low electricity price events to minimum electricity demand or extreme weather conditions, and
• Develop an algorithm to achieve optimal bidding mechanism during low/high electricity price events in Australia (considering how the extreme event at item 2 affects the price).
About Swinburne University of Technology
Swinburne is a young university with a long history. As a dual-sector university of technology, born of a technical college, we are proud of Swinburne’s technology DNA, and of our national and global standing. Our contribution to Technology, Entrepreneurship, Innovation and the STEM disciplines, and our track record of meaningful industry and community engagement, are natural manifestations of the legacy initiated by the vision of our founders George and Ethel Swinburne in 1902. We offer postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online education to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
To be considered for this PhD position, candidates should
• Have an academic degree and track record preferably in areas of Computer science, Data science, Electrical Eng., and other relevant areas,
• Have strong programming skills (Python is preferable),
• A background in ML/DL and data analysis is desirable,
• Due to current border closures and international travel restrictions, this opportunity is only available to applicants currently residing in Australia as the PhD is due to commence soon
How to apply and further information
Please submit your application by clicking on the ‘Apply’ link, and submit a resume, cover letter and a response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the position description.
For further information please contact Dr. Dana Rezazadegan (email: email@example.com).
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you require further support for an interview due to special needs or consideration, please contact our Diversity Manager, Maree Norden, on email@example.com. For support or queries related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please contact DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au.
Swinburne is a large and culturally diverse organisation. We are proud to be recognised by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency as an Employer of Choice for women for 10 years in a row and of key initiatives such as our Pride@Swinburne Strategic Action Plan and our Reconciliation Action Plan. Equity and diversity are integral to our 2025 vision to be a world class university creating social and economic impact through science, technology and innovation.
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 22nd October 2021
Click here for Position Description Opens in new window
Hdr Scholarship Zinc Batteries, Deakin University, Australia, about 1 month ago
Project Supervisor Dr Mega Kar Additional Supervision Dr Cristina Pozo-Gonzalo Prof Maria Forsyth Institute Institute for Frontier Materials Location Melbourne Burwood Campus There is an urgent ne...
Csiro Ph D Top Up Scholarship Modelling The Great Southern Reef, CSIRO, Australia, about 22 hours ago
Are you passionate about a career in research? Want to access CSIRO's world-class facilities and staff? Apply for a CSIRO PhD Top-Up Scholarship now! CSIRO PhD Top-Up Scholarships provide enhanced...
Hdr Scholarship Developing New Electrodes, Deakin University, Australia, about 1 month ago
Project Supervisor Dr Minkyung Kang Additional Supervision Prof Maria Forsyth Prof Patrick Howlett Institute Institute for Frontier Materials Location Melbourne Burwood Campus This project is focu...
Hdr Scholarship Pipeline Steel, Deakin University, Australia, 30 days ago
Project Supervisor A/Prof Ross Marceau Additional Supervision Prof Mike Tan Dr Lu Jiang Institute Institute for Frontier Materials Location Geelong Technology Precinct (GTP), Waurn Ponds Campus Un...
Hdr Scholarship Drug Release Systems, Deakin University, Australia, about 1 month ago
Project Supervisor Dr Wren Greene Additional Supervision Prof Rosanne Guijt Institute Institute for Frontier Materials Location Melbourne Burwood Campus Controlled drug delivery systems are smart ...
Hdr Scholarship Biobased Polymer, Deakin University, Australia, 30 days ago
Project Supervisor Dr Maryam Naebe Additional Supervision Dr Abu Naser Haque Institute Institute for Frontier Materials Location Geelong Technology Precinct (GTP), Waurn Ponds Campus This work aim...