Home > Careers > Job opportunities
Posted on: Wed Jan 23 2019
Deakin University seeks to hire an outstanding PhD candidate at the School of Information Technology. The successful candidate will participate in the activities of the Centre for Cyber Security Research and Innovation (CSRI). The centre focuses on theoretical advances for cyberspace, network and system security. This includes research topics such as: security protocols, IoT security, cyber physical systems, blockhain security, privacy-preserving techniques, etc.
The tasks for the PhD student will be to:
- Write a doctoral dissertation in computer security
- Disseminate results through scientific publications
- A Master degree in computer science or mathematics,
- A proven interest in security,
- Excellent written and oral English skills.
- Commitment, team working, self-motivated and a critical mind
- Strong academic performance, programming and mathematical skills
- The University offers a 3-year PhD scholarship of AU$27,082 per annum (tax exempt). Top-up scholarships of up to $10K per annum may be available for exceptional applicants.
- You will work in an exciting international environment and will have the opportunity to participate in the development of a dynamic and growing centre.
Applications should be written in English and include the following documents:
- Cover letter indicating the research area of interest and your motivation,
- Curriculum Vitae (including your contact address, work experience, list of publications),
- A research statement addressing the topic of the position (max 1 page),
- A short description of your Master work (max 1 page),
- Transcript of grades from all university-level courses taken,
- Contact information for 3 referees.
For further inquiries please contact: Dr. Rolando Trujillo Rasua, email@example.com
**Mention you saw it on the AustMS website**
Ph D Position In Security Of Smart Transmission Grids, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 25 days ago
About the position The Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), in Gjøvik, (https://www.ntnu.edu/gjovik ), invites applications for a PhD candidate in the Security of Smart Transmiss...
Ph D Candidate In Maritime Cyber Resilient Operations, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 4 days ago
About the position The position is funded and aligned with the Norwegian Research Council Knowledge-building project for Industry - MarCy (Maritime Cyber Resilience). The primary objective of whic...
Ph D Candidat In Maritime Cyber Resilient Operations, NTNU Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway, 9 days ago
The position is funded and aligned with the Norwegian Research Council Knowledge-building project for Industry - MarCy (Maritime Cyber Resilience). The primary objective of which is the developmen...
Ph D Student Position In Machine Learning Enabled Cyber Physical Systems , Umeå University, Sweden, about 11 hours ago
Department of Applied Physics and Electronics The Department of Applied Physics and Electronics currently has around 90 employees and conducts research in fields such as energy technology, laser s...
Faculty Positions In Cyber Security 2020, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia, about 19 hours ago
The Computer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering Division (http://cemse.kaust.edu.sa) at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) invites applications for mult...
Ph D Candidates In Resilient Computing Systems (M/F) (# Of Pos: 4), University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, 24 days ago
The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research university. Organisation The University of Luxembourg seeks to hire outstanding researchers working towards a PhD degree, at ...