To be eligible, you must be:
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa, or
- an international student, and
- a current full-time undergraduate or postgraduate student enrolled at a Monash campus in Australia, and
- have been appointed a Resident Advisor with Monash Residential Services (MRS).
The scholarship is awarded based on an interview process conducted by the College Head and/or MRS Manager. The selection criteria include a combination of academic achievement, leadership skills, good communication skills, maturity, enthusiasm, initiative, extra-curricular interests and participation and career interests. Coursework students must have achieved a minimum of a pass grade average (50 per cent) in the previous academic year. For research students the students position on the faculty's scholarship Order of Merit list as determined by the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Research and Research Training), will be considered.Value and number available
Half scholarship: $1927.50 (2011 rate) payable in ten monthly rental rebates against the student's MRS account from February to November each year.
Full scholarship: $3855.00 (2011 rate) payable in ten monthly rental rebates against the student's MRS account from February to November each year.
These rebates are paid at the start of each month for the current month. Additional payments of $385.50 per month (2011 rate) may also be payable for those whose scholarship is, depending on the resident occupancy levels and at the discretion of the College Head and/or site manager, extended over the summer vacation months of December and January.
If the scholarship is determined to be awarded for a period of less than ten months, it will be awarded on a monthly pro-rata basis.
The number available is variable depending on funding.Retention
- remain in residency with Monash Residential Services
- maintain full-time enrolment. Variation to this is subject to special consideration from the Director, Monash Residential Services; written permission must be sought from the Director for this scholarship to be granted/retained should residential advisor move from full-time to part-time enrolment
- not be in breach of any current Monash Residential Services - Conditions of Residency. Refer to http://mrs.monash.edu/on-campus-accommodation/regulations-and-policies/index.html
- maintain a minimum of a pass weighted average mark (50 per cent)
- adhere to the MRS Resident Advisor Role Expectations and Behaviour Guidelines available at http://mrs.monash.edu/on-campus-accommodation/regulations-and-policies/index.html.
All applicants for the position of MRS Resident Advisor will be automatically assessed.Deferability
This scholarship cannot be deferred.
Sydney Campbell Diploma Scholarship, Massey University, New Zealand, 15 days ago
Closing date: to be announced The Sydney Campbell Scholarships are provided under the Will of the late Mr Sydney Campbell, Riverside Farm, Masterton, and are tenable at Massey University. 1.There ...
The Rallings Supplementary Scholarship, University of Sydney, Australia, about 11 hours ago
Funding Body: Mrs Brenda Rallings Title: The Rallings Supplementary Scholarship Research Areas: Health Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: A unique opportunity is available for an out...
Andrew Bendall Scholarship, Massey University, New Zealand, 6 days ago
Back to results Closing date: to be announced This scholarship has been made available by Mr Andrew Bendall, a sheep breeder, farmer, and co-owner and co-founder of Kelso Ltd. Mr Bendall is keen t...
Don Robinson Dairy Bursary, Massey University, New Zealand, 6 days ago
Back to results Closing date: to be announced This bursary has been made available by Mr Don Robinson of Upper Hutt to encourage young people with an interest in dairy farming to attend university...
The Rallings Scholarship, University of Sydney, Australia, 4 days ago
Funding Body: Gift from Mrs Brenda Rallings Title: The Rallings Scholarship Research Areas: Health Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: A unique opportunity is available for an outstan...
Healthy Lifestyles Scholarships, Massey University, New Zealand, 6 days ago
Back to results Closing date: to be announced Applications open Friday 30 September 2011 Applications close 5.00pm Friday 25th November 2011 The following scholarships are available for Maaori and...