- Marine Biosecurity PhD Scholarship
- The Department of Fisheries, the Western Australian Museum and the University of Western Australia, through the UWA Oceans Institutue, are offering a PhD scholarship "Characterisation of biofouling communities in Western Australian Ports and development of predictive tools to determine the likelihood of establishment of invasive marine pest species".
- The introduction of exoctic species into the marine environment is a major threat to native biodiversity and ecosystem health. Recent and rapid expansion of the resources industry in Western Australia has brought with it increased international vessel traffic and infrastructure development and a concomitant risk of introduction and establishment of marine pest speicies from overseas.
- This project seeks to utilize an integrated taxonomy and molecular approach to better define the distribution of native biofouling communities in WA ports and with a focus on marine molluscs. Examination of this key group of biofouling organisms will be utilized to develop an ecological "model" to predict the likelihood of incursion of known pest species in key ports based on spatio-temporal patterns recorded in native species.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- See conditions.
- For further information please contact Professor Gary Kendrick. Phone: 6488 3998 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Study area
- Marine Sciences, Wildlife Management
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, The University of Queensland, Australia, 19 days ago
Apply now Job no:501135 Area:Faculty Of Engineering, Architecture & Info Tech Salary (FTE):Academic Research Level A1 ($64,533.50 - $87,535.13) Work type:Full Time - Fixed Term Location: St Lucia ...
Postdoctoral Position In Organometallic Chemistry, Center for Research in Biological Chemistry and Molecular Materials, CiQUS-USC, Spain, 3 days ago
We seek a talented Postdoctoral researcher to work in Cooperative Bimetallic Catalysis RESEARCH TOPIC. The group of Dr. Martín Fañanás-Mastral (http://fananasmastral.wordpress.com/) off...
Research Fellow Muslim Community Processes Project, University of Melbourne, Australia, about 4 hours ago
Melbourne Law School Casual Rate RA 2: $44.77 per hour plus 9.5% superannuation Melbourne Law School (MLS) is Australia's first all-graduate law faculty. Melbourne Law School was the first faculty...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, The University of Queensland, Australia, 20 days ago
Apply now Job no:501067 Area:Faculty Of Engineering, Architecture & Info Tech Salary (FTE):Academic Level A ($64,533.50 - $87,535.13) Work type:Full Time - Fixed Term Location: St Lucia The School...
Research Fellow Lime Network (Indigenous Applicants Only), University of Melbourne, Australia, 2 days ago
Leaders in Indigenous Medical Education (LIME) Network Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences Only Indigenous Australians are eligible to apply as this position is exempt under the Spe...
Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Idaho, United States, about 1 hour ago
Position Details Position Information Position Title Postdoctoral Fellow Location Moscow Division/College College of Natural Resources Department Fish & Wildlife Resources FLSA Status Overtime Exe...