Indigenous Commonwealth Education Costs Scholarship
The Indigenous Commonwealth Education Costs Scholarship assists Indigenous students from regional and remote locations with expenses associated with undergraduate study. The scholarship funds are intended to assist with living expenses and non-deferrable costs such as textbooks, uniforms, technology, internet, course specific equipment and/or travel costs associated with compulsory industry placement.
Scholarship Value: $2,000
Length of Scholarship: Once off
Number Available: 33
Opening Date: 04 May 2021
Closing Date: 11 June 2021
Tip: Horizontal scrolling available on larger tables
|Study Level||STEPS; Undergraduate; Postgraduate (Course work)|
|Year of Study||Any|
|Ethnicity||Aboriginal; Torres Strait Islander|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
An Indigenous Commonwealth Scholarship will be awarded on the basis that the applicant meets the Indigenous Student Assistance Grants (Special Grants) Notifiable Instrument 2018 .
To be eligible for an Indigenous Commonwealth Education Costs Scholarship applicants must:
- Be enrolled or intending to enrol at CQUniversity in Term 2, 2021
- Identify as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person and provide Confirmation of Aboriginal and or Torres Strait Islander Identity document
- Be enrolled in any of the following courses:
- Higher Education Diploma
- Associate degree
- Bachelor (with or without Honours)
- Postgraduate course in an area of National Priority (currently Nursing and Education) or as required for initial registration to practice in the chosen field
- a Commonwealth supported student at CQUniversity
- Be able to demonstrate financial need
- Preference is given to students from a remote or regional areas
Students will be ineligible if they:
- have already completed the requirements of a course of study (with any provider) regarded to be equivalent to or higher than a bachelor's award, unless such award is a prerequisite to your current undergraduate course of study
- are in receipt of a Centrelink Start-Up Loan
More detailed eligibility information can be found via the above guidelines.
Applicants will be assessed on the application form and a personal statement (3 paragraphs) addressing the following:
- Career goals and how a scholarship will help
- Extracurricular activities – (can be sports, school, community, workplace initiatives or volunteering)
- Life experiences
Applicants who have received a Commonwealth Scholarship or Indigenous Commonwealth Scholarship at another institution must declare this at the time of application.
Applicants who are receiving a Centrelink Student Start Up Loan must declare this at the time of application. Not declaring this may result in your scholarship being withdrawn and any paid monies being reclaimed.
Eligible applicants may receive both a Commonwealth Indigenous Education Costs Scholarship and Commonwealth Indigenous Accommodation Scholarship at the same time where they meet the criteria for both.
Applicants must ensure they have entered current banking details into MyCQU for payment to occur. Scholarship payments will be made to successful applicants in Week 6 after final post Census date eligibility checks each term. Payments will be credited electronically to the student’s nominated bank account. When payment has been made into the nominated bank account, confirmation will be sent to your official CQUniversity student email address. There is no advance payments of scholarship money.
Applications must include all necessary supporting documents. Incomplete applications cannot be considered. Applicants will need to supply the following supporting documentation:
- Confirmation of Aboriginal and or Torres Strait Islander Identity Documents:
- Provide a letter signed by the Chairperson and with the seal of an Aboriginal and or Torres Strait Islander organisation in the community in which the student lives or has previously lived; or
- A student may submit a Statutory Declaration stating that they are in the process of obtaining a Confirmation of Identity, along with the expected date they will be able to submit it. The expected date should be prior to Census date in that term, as actual payment cannot be made without the Confirmation of Identity document.
- Personal statement addressing the Selection Criteria (see Selection Criteria tab)
- Documents demonstrating previous academic success or University Unofficial Transcript
- Income documents which generally include payslips or Centrelink Income Statements
To apply for the Indigenous Commonwealth Education Costs Scholarship:
Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined here
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) apply through MyCQU . You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) Apply now .
Complete Applications must be received at the Student Scholarships Office by 5 pm AEST on the closing date. Please ensure all supporting documents are attached to the application as incomplete applications will not be considered.The Student Scholarships Team will assess Commonwealth Indigenous Scholarship applications. Academic progress will be taken into consideration for those applicants who are continuing CQUniversity students. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application via their CQUniversity student email as soon as possible after the selection panel meets. Decisions are final.
Commonwealth Government Indigenous Student Success Program
Ph D Candidate In Political Science, Radboud University, Netherlands, about 22 hours ago
The Department of Political Science at the Nijmegen School of Management (Radboud University) invites applications for a PhD Candidate position on the research project REDRESS: Revitalised Democra...
Position As Student Assistant (Hilfsassistenz) , University of Zurich, Switzerland, 7 days ago
Institute for International and Comparative Constitutional Law Position as Student Assistant (Hilfsassistenz) 20-30 % The Chair for Public Law with a focus on International and Comparative Law at t...
Queen Elizabeth Scholars, University of British Columbia, Canada, about 21 hours ago
View All Awards Deadline Likely October 2021 Citizenship Canadian Permanent Resident International Degree Level Masters Doctoral This funding opportunity is for faculty members, rather than studen...
Nserc Indigenous Student Ambassadors, Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada, Canada, about 20 hours ago
Accessibility notice: If you cannot access the following content, contact the on-line services helpdesk by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 613-995-4273. Indicate the email ad...
Ph D The Role Of The Se China Passive Margin For The Formation Of Taiwan Orogen (# Of Pos: 2), CY Cergy Paris Université, Suriname, 21 days ago
The project aims to investigate the control of structural, lithological and thermal inheritance of the former SE China margin during the formation of the Taiwan orogen. The structural setting of T...
International Tuition Award, University of British Columbia, Canada, about 21 hours ago
View All Awards Deadline International students are automatically considered for this award. No application is required. Annual Value Up to $3,200 per year Citizenship International Degree Level M...