Prof Robin Ram Mohan Doss
School OR Institute
School of Information Technology
Faculty of Science Engineering and built Environment
Melbourne Burwood Campus and Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus
The CSCRC aims to inspire the next generation of cyber security professionals through working with some of the best cyber security researchers in Australia, and engagement with the CSCRC Industry & Government Participants.
Project aim Show
You are invited to apply at any time for a CSCRC Scholarship to carry out research in one of the following CSCRC Research Themes:
- Resilient Systems: To automate the assessment of high-volume network traffic to identify ‘red flags’ that enable cyber security professionals to better prioritize their time on higher value-adding activities.
- IoT Systems – Security and Configuration: To develop new approaches to identify threats and secure the deployment of the Internet of Things.
- Next Generation Authentication Technologies: To develop authentication technologies to protect access to control systems used in the water, power, and mining industries.
- Emerging Threats – Network Forensics and Response: To develop techniques to trace (at a forensic level) where cyber threats have originated, and automate this ability across complex infrastructure and architecture environments.
- Platform and Architecture for Cyber Security as a Service: To develop a secure integrated platform that will enable cyber security providers to offer robust security services.
- Security Automation and Orchestration: To develop technologies for security orchestration that can be provisioned as cyber security solutions as a service.
- Privacy Preserving Data Sharing in a Hyper connected World: To develop techniques for sharing threat data whilst ensuring data remains confidential, and provide algorithms for accessing and analysing threat data, metadata and patterns.
- Real-Time Monitoring of Cyber Security Threats: To develop visualization techniques that enable rapid situational awareness of cyber threats and risks that will deliver confidence in the quality and provenance of shared information.
- Law and Policy: To develop theoretical frameworks, practical knowledge for studying and addressing the cyber security challenges with implications for legal, policy, economic, psychological aspects.
CSCRC Graduate Scholarship applications will be considered through the year.
This scholarship is available over 3 years.
- Stipend of $50,000 per annum tax exempt for domestic candidate (domestic includes candidates with Australian Citizenship, Australian Permanent Residency or New Zealand Citizenship)
- Stipend of $37,000 per annum tax exempt for international candidate
- International students only: Tuition fee and overseas health coverage for the duration of 4 years
To be eligible you must:
- be either a domestic or international candidate
- meet Deakin's PhD entry requirements
- be enrolling full time and hold an honours degree (first class) or an equivalent standard master's degree with a substantial research component
- candidate will be eligible to receive a CSCRC scholarship only after the student has received an unconditional offer from Deakin university
Please refer to the research degree entry pathways page for further information.
For more information about this scholarship, please contact Prof Robin Doss.
Prof Robin Doss
Deputy Head of School
Email Prof Robin Doss
+61 3 9251 7305
Ph D Scholarship: Health Services Research, Monash University, Australia, about 9 hours ago
PhD Scholarship - Health Services Research Topic: Dementia Risk Reduction in Primary Care Job no: 599638 Location: Parkville Campus Employment Type: Full-time Duration: 3 year fixed-term appointme...
Ph D Positions In Neural Prostheses With Dr Sam John (# Of Pos: 5), The University of Melbourne, Australia, 23 days ago
Preferred Background: Engineering, computer science and/or neuroscience. The Neural Engineering Laboratory Our Laboratory aims to improve the quality of life of millions of people with neurologica...
Ph D Scholarships – Woodside Monash Energy Partnership, Monash University, Australia, 20 days ago
PhD Scholarship – Woodside Monash Energy Partnership Job No: 599807 Location: Clayton campus Employment Type: Full-time Duration: Maximum 3.5 years fixed-term appointment Remuneration: Base rate o...
Ph D Scholarship – Rainbows On Demand : Coherent Comb Sourced On A Photonic Chip, RMIT University, Australia, 20 days ago
About the School of Engineering at RMIT University RMIT’s School of Engineering is renowned for world-class research outcomes, excellent research facilities and robust partnerships with local and ...
Ph D Scholarship – The Role Of Food Retail Organisational Systems In Scale Up Of Food Policy To Improve Community Health, Monash University, Australia, about 9 hours ago
PhD Scholarship – The role of food retail organisational systems in scale up of food policy to improve community health Job No: 599740 Location: Notting Hill Employment Type: Full-time Duration: 3...
Ph D Scholarships – Domestic Scholarship Round, Monash University, Australia, 20 days ago
PhD Scholarships - Domestic Scholarship round Job No: 599635 Faculty/Division: Faculty of Engineering Location: Clayton campus Employment Type: Full-time hours Duration: 3.5 years fixed-term Remun...