Prof Robin Ram Mohan Doss
School OR Institute
School of Information Technology
Faculty of Science Engineering and built Environment
Melbourne Burwood Campus and Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus
The CSCRC aims to inspire the next generation of cyber security professionals through working with some of the best cyber security researchers in Australia, and engagement with the CSCRC Industry & Government Participants.
You are invited to apply at any time for a CSCRC Scholarship to carry out research in one of the following CSCRC Research Themes:
- Resilient Systems: To automate the assessment of high-volume network traffic to identify ‘red flags’ that enable cyber security professionals to better prioritize their time on higher value-adding activities.
- IoT Systems – Security and Configuration: To develop new approaches to identify threats and secure the deployment of the Internet of Things.
- Next Generation Authentication Technologies: To develop authentication technologies to protect access to control systems used in the water, power, and mining industries.
- Emerging Threats – Network Forensics and Response: To develop techniques to trace (at a forensic level) where cyber threats have originated, and automate this ability across complex infrastructure and architecture environments.
- Platform and Architecture for Cyber Security as a Service: To develop a secure integrated platform that will enable cyber security providers to offer robust security services.
- Security Automation and Orchestration: To develop technologies for security orchestration that can be provisioned as cyber security solutions as a service.
- Privacy Preserving Data Sharing in a Hyper connected World: To develop techniques for sharing threat data whilst ensuring data remains confidential, and provide algorithms for accessing and analysing threat data, metadata and patterns.
- Real-Time Monitoring of Cyber Security Threats: To develop visualization techniques that enable rapid situational awareness of cyber threats and risks that will deliver confidence in the quality and provenance of shared information.
- Law and Policy: To develop theoretical frameworks, practical knowledge for studying and addressing the cyber security challenges with implications for legal, policy, economic, psychological aspects.
Applications close 5pm, Monday 30 November 2020
This scholarship is available over 3 years.
- Stipend of $50,000 per annum tax exempt for domestic candidate
- Stipend of $37,000 per annum tax exempt for international candidate. Exceptional candidates may be eligible for a CSCRC top-up of up to $13,000 per annum.
- International students only: Tuition fee and overseas health coverage for the duration of 4 years
To be eligible you must:
- be either a domestic (must hold Australian Citizenship or New Zealand Citizenship) or international candidate (Must be Citizen of a NATO country with preference given for USA, UK and Canadian Citizens (Five Eyes))
- meet Deakin's PhD entry requirements
- be enrolling full time and hold an honours degree (first class) or an equivalent standard master's degree with a substantial research component
- candidate will be eligible to receive a CSCRC scholarship only after the student has received an unconditional offer from Deakin university
Please refer to the research degree entry pathways page for further information.
How to apply
Interested applicants should email their CV, course transcripts and publications (if any) to Prof Robin Doss.
Applicants invited to submit a full application should follow the instructions on our How to apply page.
For more information about this scholarship, please contact Prof Robin Doss.
Prof Robin Doss
Deputy Head of School
Email Prof Robin Doss
+61 3 9251 7305
Ph D Top Up Scholarship Security, Privacy And Trust For Precision Health Platforms, CSIRO, Australia, 1 day ago
Work with CSIRO’s Data61 around Privacy, Security and Trust, including applications of machine learning and AI. Kickstart your research career by gaining applied research experience. $7,000 top-up...
Scholarship Advertisement. Practice Ph D Scholarship In A Multimedia Digital History Project: Using Virtual And Augmented Reality To Engage Audiences In The Impact Of Convicts On Australian Democracy, Monash University, Australia, about 3 hours ago
Scholarship Advertisement. Practice PhD Scholarship in a Multimedia Digital History Project: Using Virtual and Augmented Reality to engage audiences in the impact of convicts on Australian democra...
Ph D Scholarship Opportunities In Evolutionary Moral Psychology (2 Positions), Monash University, Australia, about 3 hours ago
PhD Scholarship Opportunities in Evolutionary Moral Psychology (2 positions) Job No.: 614987 Faculty / Portfolio: Faculty of Arts, School of Philosophical, Historical, and International Studies (S...