Prof Robin Ram Mohan Doss
School OR Institute
School of Information Technology
Faculty of Science Engineering and built Environment
Melbourne Burwood Campus and Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus
The CSCRC aims to inspire the next generation of cyber security professionals through working with some of the best cyber security researchers in Australia, and engagement with the CSCRC Industry & Government Participants.
You are invited to apply at any time for a CSCRC Scholarship to carry out research in one of the following CSCRC Research Themes:
- Resilient Systems: To automate the assessment of high-volume network traffic to identify ‘red flags’ that enable cyber security professionals to better prioritize their time on higher value-adding activities.
- IoT Systems – Security and Configuration: To develop new approaches to identify threats and secure the deployment of the Internet of Things.
- Next Generation Authentication Technologies: To develop authentication technologies to protect access to control systems used in the water, power, and mining industries.
- Emerging Threats – Network Forensics and Response: To develop techniques to trace (at a forensic level) where cyber threats have originated, and automate this ability across complex infrastructure and architecture environments.
- Platform and Architecture for Cyber Security as a Service: To develop a secure integrated platform that will enable cyber security providers to offer robust security services.
- Security Automation and Orchestration: To develop technologies for security orchestration that can be provisioned as cyber security solutions as a service.
- Privacy Preserving Data Sharing in a Hyper connected World: To develop techniques for sharing threat data whilst ensuring data remains confidential, and provide algorithms for accessing and analysing threat data, metadata and patterns.
- Real-Time Monitoring of Cyber Security Threats: To develop visualization techniques that enable rapid situational awareness of cyber threats and risks that will deliver confidence in the quality and provenance of shared information.
- Law and Policy: To develop theoretical frameworks, practical knowledge for studying and addressing the cyber security challenges with implications for legal, policy, economic, psychological aspects.
Applications close 5pm, Monday 30 November 2020
This scholarship is available over 3 years.
- Stipend of $50,000 per annum tax exempt for domestic candidate
- Stipend of $37,000 per annum tax exempt for international candidate. Exceptional candidates may be eligible for a CSCRC top-up of up to $13,000 per annum.
- International students only: Tuition fee and overseas health coverage for the duration of 4 years
To be eligible you must:
- be either a domestic (must hold Australian Citizenship or New Zealand Citizenship) or international candidate (Must be Citizen of a NATO country with preference given for USA, UK and Canadian Citizens (Five Eyes))
- meet Deakin's PhD entry requirements
- be enrolling full time and hold an honours degree (first class) or an equivalent standard master's degree with a substantial research component
- candidate will be eligible to receive a CSCRC scholarship only after the student has received an unconditional offer from Deakin university
Please refer to the research degree entry pathways page for further information.
For more information about this scholarship, please contact Prof Robin Doss.
Prof Robin Doss
Deputy Head of School
Email Prof Robin Doss
+61 3 9251 7305
Ph D Scholarship Australian Leaf Blotch Miner Moth, CSIRO, Australia, about 14 hours ago
PhD scholarship opportunity at the Australian National Insect Collection $28,000 p.a. plus all operational costs Successful applicants will also be awarded a Tuition Fee Scholarship The CSIRO is o...
Ph D Scholarship In Social Science Household And Community Innovations For Low Waste Cities, Monash University, Australia, about 17 hours ago
PhD Scholarship in Social Science - Household and community innovations for low waste cities Job No.: 612264 Location: Clayton campus Employment Type: Full-time Duration: 3-year and 3-month fixed-...
Zelman And Diana Elton Honours Scholarship, Monash University, Australia, about 12 hours ago
Zelman and Diana Elton Honours Scholarship This scholarship is awarded to an Honours student who is writing a thesis in an ACJC area of teaching and research (Jewish Studies, Holocaust and Genocid...
Rmit Csiro Masters By Research Scholarships, CSIRO, Australia, about 14 hours ago
Masters scholarship opportunity with RMIT and CSIRO $31,260 per annum (pro-rata) stipend Successful applicants will also be awarded a Tuition Fee Scholarship RMIT is currently seeking Masters by R...
Health Economics Ph D Opportunity Improving Health System Performance: Using Novel Blood Products Efficiently, Monash University, Australia, about 17 hours ago
Health Economics PhD Opportunity - Improving health system performance: using novel blood products efficiently Job No.: 612094 Location: Caulfield campus Employment Type: Full-time Duration: 3.5-y...
Ph D Scholarship In Media And Emerging Technologies: Workers In Transition Through Automation, Digitisation And Robotisation Of Work, Monash University, Australia, about 17 hours ago
PhD Scholarship in Media and Emerging Technologies: Workers in transition through automation, digitisation and robotisation of work Job No.: 612467 Location: Caufield campus Employment Type: Full-...