Dr Tim Bodisco
Dr Mayuri Wijayasundara and Dr Nick Milne
School of Engineering
Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment
Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus
The research is in the broad area of circular economy/industrial ecology and would aim to develop methodology and tools and study their application:
- To conduct integrated/holistic assessments to evaluate alternative strategies leading to sustainability (e.g. alternative materials, business models, processes and supply chains
- To link resource recovery to product design parameters and evaluate alternative approaches to product design
The project aims to study how effectiveness of product solutions could be measured based on their contribution to appropriate circulation of materials. A waste generated from a production process signals a problem, not only considering its treatment but also to consider whether its generation could be avoided. In questioning whether products and by-products are recycled effectively to the correct material cycles, it is also important to question the effectiveness of the design and the manufacturing processes of a product on their effectiveness.
The research explores to what level the design, development, production and recycling are aligned to facilitate circularity/closed-loop circulation of materials using case studies and develops methodology, tools and indicators to analyse those.
Applications close 5pm, Thursday 28th February 2019.
This scholarship is available over 3 years.
- Stipend of $27,596 per annum tax exempt (2019 rate)
To be eligible you must:
- be a domestic candidate (domestic includes candidates with Australian Citizenship, Australian Permanent Residency or New Zealand Citizenship).
- meet Deakin's PhD entry requirements
- be enrolling full time and hold an honours degree (first class) or an equivalent standard master's degree with a substantial research component.
Please refer to the research degree entry pathways page for further information.
Additional desirable criteria include:
- Background in environmental engineering/environmental chemistry/environmental science/chemical engineering/ process engineering with a first class honours degree or masters with a high GPA
- Any cross disciplinary knowledge exposure in economics/finance/business/accounting disciplines
- Demonstrated excellent writing skills
- Previous working experience in an industrial/corporate environment
- Previous publications demonstrating work in the area published in journals/conference papers/magazines/newspapers.
For more information about this scholarship, please contact Dr Mayuri Wijayasundara.
Dr Mayuri Wijayasundara
Lecturer in Engineering Management
Email Mayuri Wijayasundara
+61 3 522 78266
Blackmagic Design Engineering Scholarship, Monash University, Australia, about 6 hours ago
Blackmagic Design Engineering Scholarship This scholarship is provided to support high-achieving domestic students who are enrolled in an undergraduate degree in the Faculty of Engineering.Blackma...
Ph D Scholarships, Swinburne’s Arc Training Centre In Surface Engineering For Advanced Materials (Seam) Expressions Of Interest, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia, 19 minutes ago
Multiple opportunities across the lifetime of the Centre Surface Engineering for Advanced Materials - SEAM $32,304 p.a. for 3.5 years About the scholarship Up to 20 Scholarships are available for ...
Ph D Opportunity – Robotics In Off Site Prefabrication Of Buildings, Monash University, Australia, 2 days ago
PhD opportunity – Robotics in off-site prefabrication of buildings Job No.: 593427 Location: Clayton campus Employment Type: Full-time Duration: 3 year fixed-term appointment Remuneration: Annual ...
Dr Cm Tay Leadership Scholarship, Monash University, Australia, 11 days ago
Dr CM Tay Leadership Scholarship This scholarship has been created for students with exceptional communications skills who is studying engineering and is a participant in the Engineering Leadershi...
Student Recruitment Officer Global Marketing & Student Recruitment Group (Gmsr), RMIT University, Australia, about 18 hours ago
Job no:576891 Work type:Full time - Continuing/Permanent Categories:Economics / Business, Marketing, Media, Journalism & Communications, Student Administration, Education • Full-time, permanent op...
Engineering Indigenous Scholarship For Equity, Monash University, Australia, about 6 hours ago
Engineering Indigenous Scholarship for Equity This scholarship rewards Indigenous Australian students who are committed to a career in engineering and wish to study the Diploma of Engineering (Mon...