Deakin University and the China Scholarship Council (CSC) established a joint funding program in October 2018 providing scholarship opportunities and placements to Chinese students who either study for Deakin University PhD degrees or conduct research as visiting PhD students, hosted post-doctoral fellows or visiting scholars.
This particular program is for Chinese visiting PhD students for up to 2 years (24 months).
Fields of co-operation
The favourably-sponsored areas of study for this program include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Information and Technology
- Material Sciences
- Life and Environmental Sciences
- Marine Science and Aquaculture
- Energy and Environment
- Nutrition and Physical Activities
- Public Health
- Intelligent Systems and Smarter Technologies
- Artificial Intelligence
- Education, Communication and Social Sciences
- Other areas of study approved by CSC and Deakin University
Applications close 5pm, Friday 10 January 2020
Benefits from China Scholarship Council
- Living allowance in the form of a stipend plus student health insurance for the duration of up to 2 years
- Australian visa application fees and a return international economy airfare to Australia
Benefits from Deakin University
- Necessary resources and equipment (office, laboratory, computer, network, library access, etc.) for the duration of the visit.
To be eligible you must:
- be a citizen of the People's Republic of China at the time of application
- meet all Deakin admission entry requirements, including English proficiency
- be intending to pursue a PhD in one of the priority areas identified above
- satisfy any other selection criteria set out by the China Scholarship Council .
Please refer to the research degree entry pathways page for further eligibility information.
Deakin University strongly recommends that candidates familiarise themselves with the CSC scholarship's specific conditions on the CSC website prior to applying to the program.
For details on funding available for the CSC PhD scholarship program, post-doctoral fellows or visiting scholars, please see the China Scholarship Council - Deakin University Joint Funding Program website.
For more information about this scholarship, please email International Research Training within the Graduate Research Academy.
Monash University China Scholarship Council (Csc) Joint Scholarship, Monash University, Australia, about 21 hours ago
Monash University-China Scholarship Council (CSC) Joint Scholarship This joint scholarship program seeks to attract high-quality Chinese students to undertake their PhD with Monash University. Lon...
Academic Teaching Scholar 5 Positions, Victoria University, Australia, 13 days ago
Portfolio: COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING & SCIENCE Work unit/function: COES-INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY Classification: Teaching Focused Academic TFA Employment type: fixed-term Salary range: $74,128 - $112,8...
Monash University Pakistan Higher Education Commission (Hec) Joint Scholarship, Monash University, Australia, about 21 hours ago
Monash University-Pakistan Higher Education Commission (HEC) Joint Scholarship This joint scholarship program enables high quality Pakistani students to undertake PhD and research degrees here at ...
Ph D Scholarship In Politics And International Relations – Internationalisation And Democracy, Monash University, Australia, about 2 hours ago
Monash University PhD Scholarship in Politics and International Relations – Internationalisation and Democracy Job No.: 602818 Location: Clayton campus Employment Type: Full-time Duration: 3-year ...
Ph D In Bio Engineering, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia, about 18 hours ago
CALLING ALL ENGINEERING GRADUATES - Fantastic PhD role in Centre for Design Innovation Full time fixed term – (3 years, 1.0 FTE from commencement of PhD) Based at the Hawthorn campus About the Sch...
Dynamic Ratings Engineering Leadership Scholarship, Monash University, Australia, about 21 hours ago
Dynamic Ratings Engineering Leadership Scholarship The Dynamic Ratings Pty Ltd (Asia Pacific) Engineering Leadership Scholarship focuses on leadership and is designed to extend and challenge high-...