Work type:Fixed term - Full-time
Categories:Faculty of Health & Medical Sciences, Level A, Level B
(Level A) $89,610 to $96,007 per annum and (Level B) $100,933 to $119,391 per annum plus an employer contribution of up to 17% superannuation may apply
Two fixed-term, full-time positions available for three years
Two exciting Bioinformatic opportunities in the newly established Adelaide Centre for Epigenetics (ACE)
These two positions will be working within the groups of Professor Jose Polo and Associate Professor Luciano Martelotto in the recently established Adelaide Centre for Epigenetics (ACE). These opportunities are for high achieving postdoctoral researchers to join the recently relocated Polo and Martelotto groups in a collaborative framework in the application and development of new single cell and spatial Omics computational methods. The ACE is a newly created centre within the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences focusing on epigenetic research and cell fate, which will include research in development, reprogramming and cancer. The Adelaide Centre for Epigenetics will be associated with the recently established South Australian immunoGENomics Cancer Institute (SAiGENCI) which will be the state's world class cancer research institute.
To be successful at Level A, you will need:
- Completion of a PhD in biology, computational biology, applied mathematics, computer science, physics, biostatistics, statistics or bioinformatics or have equivalent qualifications or research experience.
- Evidence of contribution towards research relevant to the particular field of study/interest.
- Evidence with R and scripting; analysis and integration of RNA-seq and ChiP-seq; single cell NextGen sequencing data; programming with R/Bioconductor and biopython.
- Experience with high performance computing clusters and LINUX scripting.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative and productive manner within the team and with collaborators.
In addition to the above, to be successful at Level B, you will also need:
- Strong track record of high-quality publications and conference presentations relative to opportunity.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct independent research, including leading research, where applicable in cancer systems and/or developmental biology using high throughput genomics.
- Demonstrated experience in DNA genome-wide methylation; ATAC-seq and RNA-seq; computational methods or technology development for single cell and spatial-omics profiling (including data analysis and integration).
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation of successful proposal submissions to external funding bodies.
- Demonstrated ability to guide and oversee postgraduate and honours students in the research area and supervise research-support staff.
Enjoy an outstanding career environment
The University of Adelaide is a uniquely rewarding workplace. The size, breadth and quality of our education and research programs - including significant industry, government and community collaborations - offers you a vast scope and opportunity for a long, fulfilling career.
It also enables us to attract high-calibre people in all facets of our operations, ensuring you will be surrounded by talented colleagues, many world-leading. Our work's cutting-edge nature - not just in your own area, but across virtually the full spectrum of human endeavour - provides a constant source of inspiration.
Our culture is one that welcomes all and embraces diversity consistent with our Staff Values and Behaviour Framework and our Values of integrity, respect, collegiality, excellence and discovery. We firmly believe that our people are our most valuable asset, so we work to grow and diversify the skills, knowledge and capability of all our staff.
We embrace flexibility as a key principle to allow our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal and family life. Flexible working arrangements are on offer for all roles at the University.
In addition, we offer a wide range of attractive staff benefits. These include: salary packaging; flexible work arrangements; high-quality professional development programs and activities; and an on-campus health clinic, gym and other fitness facilities.
Learn more at: adelaide.edu.au/jobs
Your faculty's broader role
The Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences contains one of Australia's largest concentrations of leading health researchers, teachers and clinical titleholders. It's comprised of eight schools and a number of specialist disciplines, institutes and centres, variously focused on world-class research, and training the next generation of: medical doctors; surgeons; dentists; nurses; psychiatrists; psychologists; and other health professionals.
Learn more at: health.adelaide.edu.au
If you have the talent, we'll give you the opportunity. Together, let's make history.
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button to be taken through to the online application form. Please ensure you submit a cover letter, resume, and upload a document that includes your responses to all of the selection criteria for the position as contained in the position description or selection criteria document.
Applications close 11:55pm, 27 October 2021.
For further information
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, contact:
Professor Jose Polo
Director, Adelaide Centre for Epigenetics
Associate Professor Luciano Martelotto
Head, Development Laboratory, Adelaide Centre for Epigenetics
For application related enquiries, contact:
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences HR Team
You'll find a full position description and/or selection criteria below: (If no links appear, try viewing on another device)
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
Download the Position Description Apply now
C.A.S. Hawker Scholarship, Flinders University, Australia, about 7 hours ago
DESCRIPTION C.A.S. Hawker Scholarships are one of the most generous privately funded scholarships available to undergraduate students in Australia. Each residential scholarship is valued at up to ...
Student Service Adviser (Heo 4), University of South Australia, Australia, 22 days ago
Based in Student and Academic Services at the City West campus Two full time positions (1.0FTE) – one continuing, one fixed term contract until 30 June 2022 Commencement Salary: $65,766 per annum ...