Work type:Fixed term - Full-time
Categories:Faculty of Engineering, Computer & Mathematical Sciences, Level B, Level C
(Level B or C) $100,933 to $ 141,537 per annum plus an employer contribution of up to 17% superannuation applies.
The University of Adelaide Enterprise Agreement 2017-2021 will apply to a successful candidate’s employment at the University. The University recently temporarily varied its Enterprise Agreement. Please be advised that the salary range, along with other conditions associated with this position, may change in accordance with the variation to the Enterprise Agreement
Attractive remuneration package including excellent employee benefits.
Two year fixed-term contracts with multiple positions available immediately. Flexible working arrangements available including part time available.
Building your career at the Australian Institute for Machine Learning (AIML) offers many rewards.
These exciting new roles will give you the opportunity to develop cutting-edge algorithms that combine statistical machine learning with symbolic and logical reasoning to adapt to new domains and data sources with few or no training examples. You will support the development of new machine learning theory in partnership with organisations such as Lockheed Martin Australia’s STELaRLab, Defence Science Technology Group and the newly established Poppy@AIML lab to address core problems in the field.
Contribute to research areas in:
- Vision-and-language technology including Visual Question Answering
- Meta-learning, Memory-augmented networks or Neural Turing Machines
- Deep reinforcement learning
- Generative and explainable models
- Deep learning in general.
AIML is Australia’s leading research institute in machine learning, artificial intelligence and computer vision. With world-leading researchers, modern facilities and an innovative culture, we're committed to delivering research that is highly valued by our local and global communities. AIML is the largest computer vision and machine learning group in Australia with over 130 members including academics, research staff and students. The institute works on a mixture of fundamental and commercially orientated research projects in computer vision and machine learning, with a strong track record of publication in the top venues. The University’s Computer Vision research is amongst the best in the world.
Find out more at https://www.adelaide.edu.au/aiml/home
Find out more information about working at AIML here https://www.adelaide.edu.au/aiml/career-opportunities .
We welcome applications from candidates covering a range of career stages. Positions are available at Level B and C commensurate with experience.
To be successful at Level B you will need:
- Programming experience in Matlab, Python, C++ or other relevant language
- A PhD in Computer Science, Machine Learning or related field
- A good publication record, commensurate with experience and opportunity.
- A strong work ethic, and the ability to work well independently, and as a member of a broader team, including with industrial partners
- Commitment to the principals of equity, diversity and inclusion
In addition to the above, to be successful at Level C you will need:
- A PhD or equivalent qualification with at least 4 years of postdoctoral or equivalent industrial experience in Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence or other closely related area
- Significant programming experience in Matlab, Python, C++ or other relevant language
- An established track record of publications in top-tier Computer Vision, Robotics, or Artificial Intelligence journals, commensurate with experience and opportunity
- Experience in leading a small team
Enjoy an outstanding career environment
The University of Adelaide is a uniquely rewarding workplace. The size, breadth and quality of our education and research programs - including significant industry, government and community collaborations - offers you vast scope and opportunity for a long, fulfilling career.
It also enables us to attract high-calibre people in all facets of our operations, ensuring you will be surrounded by talented colleagues, many world-leading. Our work's cutting-edge nature - not just in your own area, but across virtually the full spectrum of human endeavour - provides a constant source of inspiration.
Our core values are honesty, respect, fairness, discovery and excellence. Our culture is one that welcomes all and embraces diversity. We are firm believers that our people are our most valuable asset, so we work to grow and diversify the skills of our staff.
The Faculty of ECMS aims to increase the diversity of its staff population and applications from women are particularly encouraged. To support our staff and students in their academic lives, the faculty celebrates diversity and has a range of programs available including:
- A variety of flexible working arrangements
- Support to staff with caring responsibilities to participate in conferences, workshops, field trips and other approved work-related travel
- Research support schemes designed to support female academics to enhance and promote their career
- Childcare facilities
- Women’s professional development network opportunities
In addition, we offer salary packaging; high-quality professional development programs and activities; and an on-campus health clinic, gym and other fitness facilities.
Learn more at: adelaide.edu.au/jobs
Your faculty's broader role
The Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences is a thriving centre of learning, teaching and research in a vast range of engineering disciplines, computer science - including machine learning - and high-level mathematics. Many of its academic staff are work leaders in their fields and graduates are highly regarded by employers.
We proudly support gender and cultural diversity and are passionate about creating a more vibrant and enriching community of staff and students.
Learn more at: ecms.adelaide.edu.au
If you want to change tomorrow, act today
Click the link to the online application form below and address and upload your responses to all selection criteria outlined in the selection criteria statement. Application closes 11:55pm, 25 April 2021.
For further information
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, contact:
Dr Kathy Nicholson
Australian Institute for Machine Learning
T: +61 (8) 8313 9258
You'll find a full selection criteria below: (If no links appear, try viewing on another device)
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
Download the Position Description Apply now
Senior Ids Platforms Lead Student & Financial Management, Flinders University, Australia, 8 days ago
About Flinders Our bold vision, captured in our Strategic Plan: making a Difference: The 2025 Agenda, is to be internationally recognised as a world leader in research, an innovator in contemporar...