- Gowrie Scholarship Trust Fund
The Gowrie Scholarship Trust Fund invites applications for one (possibly two) Gowrie Postgraduate Research Scholarships for members or descendents of members of the Australian Forces in the 1939/45 war.
Tenable for up to two years at universities or other research institutions, either in Australia or overseas. The value of the scholarship is $4,000 per annum, for a period of 2 years. Special preference will be given to applicants who are descendants of a member of the Forces who was killed on active service or who died as a result of any occurrence which happened during his/her period of enlistment.
Applications in duplicate, on the prescribed form (found here), must be submitted by 31 October (for awards to commence in the following year) as follows:
- Original to the UWA Graduate Research and Scholarships Office, and
- Duplicate copy to the Trustees, The Govme Scholarship Trust Fund, 3/32 Beaconsfield Road, Mosman, N.S. W. 2088.
- Payment type
- Top Up Scholarship
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- have applied for or enrolled full-time in a Higher Degree by Research at The University of Western Australia
- be a direct lineal descendant of a member of the Australian Armed Forces
- commence the degree by the date specified by the University of Western Australia
- demonstrate outstanding research potential
- Applications including all supporting documentation must be received by the closing date and in writing on the forms provided
- the scholarship will be paid as per the wishes of the Gowrie Scholarship Trust Fund
- proof of military service or being a direct lineal descendant of a member of the Australian Armed Forces must be attached
- scholarships are not transferable to other students in any circumstances
- the scholarship will be forfeited if the recipient cancels his or her enrolment in the program at the University of Western Australia
- scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit, research capacity and relevance of proposed research
- projects involving human or animal experimentation, including social/psychological research, must conform to NH&MRC guidelines and ethical clearance will be required prior to commencement of any such project.
- Australian Citizen
- Study area
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- Australian University
- Currently available
- Application status
Cpa Australia Cpa Program Scholarship 2018, Australian Scholarships Foundation, Australia, about 20 hours ago
Scholarship Overview The scholarship entitles recipients to an exemption from all CPA Program subject fees. The award covers course fees starting from the date awarded. Guidance for Applicants: Th...
Sydney West Translational Cancer Research Centre Ph D Scholarship, University of Sydney, Australia, about 17 hours ago
Funding Body: The University of Sydney Title: Sydney West Translational Cancer Research Centre PhD Scholarship Research Areas: Health Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: A unique oppo...
Ph D Position In Seismology (Physics) For Gravitational Wave Detection, Incorporated Research Institutions for Seismology, Australia, about 3 hours ago
PhD Position in Seismology (Physics) for Gravitational Wave Detection University of Western Australia, School of Physics and Astrophysics Posted: 09/27/2017 Open Until: 10/28/2017 Institution: Uni...
Sir William Tyree Award In Commerce (Honours Or Postgrad. Coursework) Puca1006, University of New South Wales, Australia, about 18 hours ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Honours year students, Postgraduate students Opens 01/10/2017 Closing Date 28/02/2018 For commencement Semester 1 2018 Value $2,500 1 Scholarship(s) available For 1 y...
Undergraduate Academic Excellence Scholarship, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 1 day ago
This Scholarship was established to attract high achieving commencing international students enrolling in an undergraduate coursework program at UTS in Sydney. The Scholarship is open to internati...
Ph D Scholarship Novel Diagnostics, Therapeutics And Theranostics, The University of Queensland, Australia, 1 day ago
The Australian Research Council Training Centre for Innovation in Biomedical Imaging Technology (CIBIT) is a multidisciplinary collaboration between researchers at The University of Queensland’s C...