Family Based Care Tasmania Speech Pathology Scholarship
About this scholarship
Established in 2021, this scholarship supports final year Speech Pathology students interested in employment with Family Based Care Tasmania , a large, community-based care organisation with an all-ages cohort of clients including NDIS participants, across rural and regional locations. On successful completion of their final year of studies the scholarship recipient will have the opportunity for supervised paid employment with FBC in Tasmania for their graduate year.
- This scholarship is valued at up to $10,000 to be paid in instalments of $5,000 per semester.
- Opportunity for paid employment (plus relocation expenses) upon completion of their Speech Pathology award with Family Based Care Tasmania. Graduate Speech Pathologist position description .
- There are 2 scholarships available.
This scholarship is open to current ACU students who meet all the following criteria by the scholarship application close date:
- Citizenship: domestic
- Faculty: Health Sciences
- Course: Bachelor of Speech Pathology
- Campus: Brisbane, Melbourne or North Sydney
- Study load: full-time
- Year level: final year in 2021
- Faced barriers to accessing higher education. This may include but is not limited to: from a single parent family, from a regional, rural or remote location, carer responsibilities, medical issues, refugee background, disability or financial hardship, culturally or linguistically diverse background.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 5 (on the ACU seven-point scale across all ACU undergraduate studies)
Applicants will be required to provide the following as part of the application:
- A written statement of approximately 400 words outlining:
- what you have to offer and what you will potentially learn from the cohort of Family Based care Tasmania clients including NDIS participants.
- the barriers you have faced in accessing higher education.
- the strategies you would employ to manage working away from home or in regional or rural areas.
- Evidence to support barriers outlined in your written statement.
- CV (include work history and any leadership/management experience)
- Written reference from a Professional Practice Educator.
Applications are assessed on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Barrier/s faced accessing higher education
- Academic merit (based on your ACU GPA)
- Interview (shortlisted applicants only)
Applicants will be shortlisted by the Scholarships Office. Those shortlisted will be required to attend an interview with a selection committee consisting of Head of Discipline and the Professional Practice Coordinator, the representative of Family Based Care Tasmania and supervising Speech Pathologist.
To remain eligible for scholarship payments, recipients are required to maintain the following:
- Minimum pass grade for all units attempted
- Minimum GPA of 5 (on the ACU seven-point scale)
- Full-time enrolment
- Enrolment in the same course under which the scholarship is received.
Recipients will be requested to submit an impact statement for the donor explaining how the scholarship has assisted them. The letter should be submitted to the ACU Scholarships Office no later than 1 October in the year the scholarship is awarded.
Doctoral Scholarship Holder Linguistics / Phonetics, University of Antwerp, Belgium, about 20 hours ago
Department: Department of Linguistics Regime Full-time Let’s shape the future - University of Antwerp The University of Antwerp is a dynamic, forward-thinking university. We offer an innovative a...
Postdoctoral Position In Automatic Characterization Of Motor Speech Disorders, Idiap Research Institute, Switzerland, 1 day ago
The Idiap Research Institute seeks qualified candidates for a postdoctoral position in the field of signal processing and deep learning for the automatic characterization of motor speech disorders...
International Postgraduate Excellence Scholarship, StudyinNewZealand, New Zealand, about 5 hours ago
Massey University College of Humanities and Social Sciences International Postgraduate Excellence Scholarships rewards highly capable new international students who have demonstrated academic exce...
Doctoral Programme In Digitally Enhanced Reality (D Real) , Trinity College Dublin, The University of Dublin ;, Ireland, 10 days ago
Last call for positions on doctoral programme in Digitally-Enhanced Reality (d-real). Rolling deadline, last call closing at 17.00 (Irish time) on Thursday 19th August 2021 7 places on programme, ...
Doctoral Scholarship Holder Education Sciences, University of Antwerp, Belgium, about 21 hours ago
Department: Training and Education Sciences Regime Full-time Let’s shape the future - University of Antwerp The University of Antwerp is a dynamic, forward-thinking, European university. We offer...
Doctoral Scholarship Holder Cardiogenomics, University of Antwerp, Belgium, about 20 hours ago
Department: Medical Genetics Regime Full-time Let’s shape the future The University of Antwerp is a dynamic, forward-thinking university. We offer an innovative academic education to more than 20...