Faculty of Engineering and Surveying International Undergraduate Scholarships
USQ Faculty of Engineering and Surveying offers a number of scholarships to commencing international students from Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam, Pakistan, India and China who intend to undertake a Bachelor of Engineering or Bachelor of Engineering Technology degree full-time, on-campus at USQ in Toowoomba or Springfield.
- Up to 8 scholarships are available for students in each Singapore, Malaysia and India to the value of 25% of the tuition fee for the duration of their program with USQ.
- Up to 5 scholarships are available for students in each Vietnam, Pakistan and China to the value of 25% of the tuition fee for the duration of their program with USQ.
- 12 scholarships are also available for studenst from Malaysia and Singapore to the value of 10% of the tuition fee for the duration of their program with USQ.
Conditions of eligibility
- The scholarship will be forfeited if:
- the recipient changes their mode of study from on-campus to external or from full-time to part-time study;
- the recipient changes their program of study to a different program offered by the Faculty of Engineering and Surveying or another Faculty;
- the recipient cancels their enrolment in the program;
- the recipient graduates from the program;
- the recipient fails to maintain an academic achievement level of at least 60% average.
- The Scholarship will be deducted from the student's tuition fee.
- Scholarships are not transferable to a third party under any circumstances.
- The Faculty of Engineering and Surveying, reserves the right not to award the Scholarship in a given year.
- Applications must be received by the closing date and in writing on the USQ application form provided.
- Students must not be currently studying at USQ in conjunction with any other USQ scholarship.
- Students must pay all additional fees and other costs according to USQ policy.
- Students must meet all conditions of their student visa.
- Scholarships will be renewed term-by-term subject to the recipient meeting all other University requirements.
- Scholarships will be calculated on a per term basis.
- Scholarships are not redeemable for cash.
- Scholarships may be withdrawn with 10 days written notice should the recipient breach any of these conditions.
- Terms and conditions may be changed at any time and the University will provide 12 weeks notice all scholarship recipients.
Scholarship selection is on the basis of previous academic performance. Scholarships are awarded, at the discretion of the University, based on outstanding academic achievements in secondary, diploma or degree level courses and are typically awarded to students who achieve an average mark in excess of 70%.
To be considered for a scholarship applicants must be:
- Malaysian, Singaporean, Vietnamese, Pakistani, Indian or Chinese;
- commencing full-time, on-campus study at either the Toowoomba or Springfield campus;
- applying to enrol in a Bachelor of Engineering or Bachelor of Engineering Technology program.
To be eligible for the 25% tuition fee scholarships applicants must have:
Malaysia and Singapore
- demonstrated academic excellence in one of:
- GCE A Levels - 2xB in relevant subjects.
- UEC - At least 4 subjects with a score of A2 or better (excluding languages).
- STPM - GPA 3.33 or better.
- IB Diploma - Score of 32.
- Diploma graduate applicants must have:
- demonstrated academic excellence i.e. received a large majority of "A" grades and a GPA of 80%;
- an appropriate Diploma in Engineering from colleges accredited by the Ministry of Education (MOE) in Malaysia;
- graduated from an accredited engineering program from Singapore Polytechnics.
- demonstrated academic excellence i.e. received a GPA of 8.0 (Gioi).
- demonstrated outstanding academic excellence i.e. received a large majority of "A 1" grades and a GPA of 80%.
- demonstrated academic excellence with marks of 80%.
- demonstrated academic excellence with a GPA of 80%.
Auckland Chinese Community Centre Inc Found Scholarship, Massey University, New Zealand, 4 days ago
Back to results Closing date: to be announced The Auckland Chinese Community Centre Inc. has established a fund to provide for non-Chinese students who are New Zealand citizens to study in China. ...
Ph D Scholarship In Metagenomics, Infectious Diseases, And Antibiotic Resistance, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 2 days ago
Apply no later than 22 September 2017 Apply for the job at DTU Food by completing the following form. Apply online The National Food Institute (DTU Food) seeks a qualified candidate for a vacant P...
David Holborow Memorial Scholarships (Asia:Nz Foundation), Massey University, New Zealand, 4 days ago
Back to results Closing date: to be announced The David Holborow Memorial Scholarship has been established in memory of the founder of Asia New Zealand Foundation's Korean Studies Programme. These...
New Zealand Postgraduate Study Abroad Awards, Massey University, New Zealand, 12 days ago
Closing date: to be announced New Zealand Postgraduate Study Abroad Awards Funded by the New Zealand Government - Administered by Education New Zealand The New Zealand Postgraduate Study Abroad Aw...
Sir Peter Blake Trust Bursary, Massey University, New Zealand, 13 days ago
Closing date: to be announced 1. Purpose The Sir Peter Blake Trust Bursary is offered for the purpose of supporting a post-graduate research student to undertake work that will contribute to the a...
Ph D Scholarship In Omics Guided Discovery And Characterisation Of Enzymes Involved In Utilisation Of Xyloglucans And Other Plant Dietary Fibres By Probiotic And Gastrointestinal Tract Resident Bacteria, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 6 days ago
Apply no later than 15 September 2017 Apply for the job at DTU Bioengineering by completing the following form. Apply online PhD scholarship in Omics-guided Discovery and Characterisation of Enzym...