Applications for Trimester 1 2021 open 8 October 2020.
Applications for Trimester 1 2021 close 25 January 2021 5pm.
This scholarship offers cash payments up to $10,000 per year, for a maximum of four years (dependant on normal course duration).
The maximum value of this scholarship is $40,000.
To be eligible you must:
- be an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person
- be enrolled full time in Trimester 1 2021 at Deakin University in one of the following courses:
- H326 Bachelor of Nursing
- H329 Bachelor of Nursing (Clinical Leadership)
- H421 Bachelor of Nursing (Honours)
- D355 Bachelor of Nursing/Bachelor of Midwifery
- D387 Bachelor of Nursing/Bachelor of Psychological Science
- D381 Bachelor of Nursing/Bachelor of Public Health and Health Promotion
- H676 Graduate Diploma of Midwifery
- H771 Master of Nursing Practice
- be receiving a means-tested Centrelink benefit or can demonstrate personal or family taxable income below $56 000 depending on independence status.
Scholarship recipients will be required to:
- write an introduction statement about their goals for study and what it means to receive the scholarship
- complete a yearly impact statement for the duration of the scholarship
- maintain a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 60 for the duration of the scholarship
- be open to meeting with the scholarship donor.
As part of the application process, you will also be required to upload current supporting documentation .
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your financial hardship.
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Read more about supporting documentation
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
Read our 5 top tips on applying for a scholarship
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the application closing date. You can view the status of your application via your Deakin Scholarship Application Portal account.
This scholarship is generously supported by the Norman Beischer Medical Research Foundation.
Ph D In Podcasting And Technology, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia, about 15 hours ago
Join a research team in the Centre for Transformative Media Technologies (CTMT) Podcasting and Technology Full time, 3 year fixed term position at our Hawthorn campus About the Scholarship A three...
Ph D Scholarship In Automated Decision Making And Society, Monash University, Australia, 4 days ago
PhD Scholarship in Automated Decision-Making and Society Job No.: 612925 Location: Caulfield campus Employment Type: Full-time Duration: 3-year and 3-month fixed-term appointment Remuneration: The...
Ph D Scholarship I Move Industry, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia, 5 days ago
Department of Communication Design, Faculty of Health, Arts and Design Full time fixed term – (3 years, 1.0 FTE from commencement of PhD) Based at the Hawthorn campus An exciting opportunity has a...
Ph D Scholarship Melbourne Sexual Health Centre, Monash University, Australia, about 2 hours ago
PhD Scholarship in Sexual Health – Melbourne Sexual Health Centre Job No.: 612458 Location: Melbourne Sexual Health Centre, 580 Swanston Street, Carlton, VIC 3053 Employment Type: Full-time Durat...
Ph D Scholarship Genetic And Physiological Characterisation Of Cotton Sodicity Tolerance, CSIRO, Australia, about 1 hour ago
Are you passionate about increasing the productivity of Australia’s cotton industry? Access CSIRO’s world-class facilities and resources while completing your PhD Apply for a CSIRO-WSU PhD Scholar...
Ph D Scholarship In Music: Diversifying Music In Australia: Gender Equity In Jazz And Improvisation, Monash University, Australia, 8 days ago
PhD Scholarship in Music: Diversifying Music in Australia: Gender Equity in Jazz and Improvisation Job No.: 612756 Location: Clayton campus Employment Type: Full-time Duration: 3-year and 3-month ...