Job Reference: 1122352
Your new role
We have a unique opportunity for a strong academic leader to join the Faculty of Health Science team as the Director of Innovation and Scholarship of Learning and Teaching (iSoLT) to build a culture where teaching, scholarship and innovation are recognised and rewarded.
In this role, you will…
- Providing strategic, innovative leadership in ISoLT within the Faculty.
- Delivering high-quality and innovative teaching to undergraduate, honours and postgraduate students, and fostering a culture of teaching excellence.
- Leading major curriculum initiatives and pedagogical developments, sitting on accreditation panels and ensuring the delivery of high-quality education courses.
- Supervising and mentoring honours and postgraduate students engaged in both coursework and research.
- Providing leadership to a research team.
- Undertaking nationally and internationally high-quality research, acting as a chief investigator in applications for research grants, and producing research outputs gaining national and international recognition.
- Developing international recognition for research through presenting at major national and international conferences.
We are looking for someone with…
- A doctoral qualification in a relevant discipline.
- A demonstrated record of achievement in and commitment to excellence in the innovation and scholarship of learning and teaching.
- Demonstrated achievement in the discipline/field through the scholarly development and delivery of high-quality educational courses.
- An established record of research outputs with regular publication in high-quality refereed academic journals, consistent with an international reputation in the field.
- A significant record of obtaining research income, including nationally competitive research grants and/or fellowships
- Demonstrated academic leadership experience in the discipline/profession and in community engagement.
- Significant experience and record of providing supervision to higher degree research students.
- Demonstrated high level communication and interpersonal skills.
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Professor Helen McCutcheon, Pro Vice Chancellor, on 08 9266 4420 or at email@example.com
The Faculty of Health Sciences follows a long tradition of discipline-based course delivery in the health professions. Courses in the faculty provide a hands-on approach to learning so students can make a real difference in people’s lives.
We are an energetic, dedicated team of academics and professionals working together to provide global solutions through quality graduates and innovative research. Curtin is a welcoming space where integrity, respect for one another, courage, excellence, and impact are essential to everyday life. Situated on Whadjuk Nyungar Country, our vibrant campus includes an art gallery, gym, childcare and medical centre, and endless food options including a supermarket.
We encourage a progressive and diverse workplace, offering generous superannuation and salary packaging benefits. We are committed to looking after our employees by promoting health and wellbeing, work flexibility, and personal development opportunities.
For more information about our university, please visit www.curtin.edu.au
Please provide a cover letter, your CV and a separate document addressing the selection criteria to allow us to assess your suitability for this role.
To view a copy of the Position Description, please copy and paste the following link into your web browser.
Applications close: Tuesday, 3 October 2023, at 5:30 pm AWST
Applicants should note that prior to appointment, any offer of employment is subject to completion of National Police Records checks, and background, integrity, and reference checks to Curtin’s satisfaction. At Curtin, we are committed to being a Child Safe organisation, and this position may also require you to have a current Working With Children Check.
You will require current work rights in Australia that match the tenure of this role. Only in limited situations will visa sponsorship situations be considered.
If you have any queries in relation to this application process, please contact our careers team on 08 9266 9000 (option 3,1), quoting the reference number.
Please note we are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies at this time.
Ph D Hydrology Of Aboriginal Water Assets, University of Western Australia - School of Earth Sciences, Australia, about 22 hours ago
This is an open PhD position within the Desert to the Sea project: Managing Rock Art, Country and Culture (https://www.crarm.uwa.edu.au/desert-to-the-sea). Aboriginal Australians are custodians of...
Gnaala Karla Booja Scholarship Programme, Murdoch University, Australia, 2 days ago
Gnaala Karla Booja Scholarship Programme Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. Newmont Australia is committed to reconciliation. The Gnaala K...
Murdoch University 50 Year Scholarship, Murdoch University, Australia, 2 days ago
Murdoch University 50-Year Scholarship Murdoch University was founded on an ethos of providing pathways into higher education for people who had previously been excluded. We are immensely proud of...
The Russell Woolf Broadcasting Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia, about 7 hours ago
The Russell Woolf Broadcasting Scholarship The Russell Woolf Broadcasting Scholarship has been generously donated in memory of Russell Woolf. Russell Woolf was a highly recognised ABC journalist w...
Commonwealth Teaching Scholarships, Edith Cowan University, Australia, about 6 hours ago
Scholarships of $40,000 per student are available for full-time undergraduate initial teacher education (ITE) students ($10,000 per year for a four-year qualification) and $20,000 for full-time po...