- Developing targeted tillage weed control in row-cropping systems
- The new targeted tillage project Developing targeted tillage weed control in row-cropping systems will represent a fundamental advance by introducing an in-crop non-chemical site-specific approach to weed control to compliment the teams recently developed Weed Chipper (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cKo5MWZseI). Due to the lack of non-chemical weed control options, their increasing herbicide resistance threatens the viability of conservation agriculture (CA) systems. You will help engineer a rapid response cultivation system to enable precision tillage-based weed control in row-crops of varying row widths. Weed control efficacy will be evaluated in plot trials and subsequently in commercial fields. The development of the new in-crop mechanical weed control system, coupled with soon to be commercially available in-crop weed detection technologies, will help future proof CA based row-cropping systems through the introduction of non-chemical site-specific weed control.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement, Relevant Industry Experience
- First class honours/Masters of Professional Engineering (electrical/mechanical/mechatronic) and/or demonstrated industry experience in mechanical/electrical/mechatronic engineering and/or autonomous vehicle technology.
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Study area
- Agricultural Engineering
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Ph D Position In Data Enhanced Digital Twin Development For Process Control, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 5 days ago
Project description The Heat is On project is concerned with heat that is needed for energy intensive processes like separation ad drying processes commonly used in the industries like agrofood, p...
Ph D Position On Stochastic Robust Optimal Control Of Autonomous Energy Networks, Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), Netherlands, 7 days ago
The vacant position is within the Networked Cyber-Physical Systems (NCPS) research group. This group aims at improving our understanding and control of cyber-physical systems composed of a large n...
Ph D Position In Data Enhanced Digital Twin Development For Process Control, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, about 2 hours ago
The Control Systems Group at the Electrical Engineering Department in Eindhoven University of Technology has an opening for a PHD position for 1 fte of 4 years in the project (https://ispt.eu/proj...
Ph D Position On Probabilistic Programming For Brain On Chip Ai Computers, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, about 24 hours ago
The Eindhoven Artificial Intelligence Systems Institute (EAISI) is funding 2 PhD positions for the highly innovative BayesBrain project, in collaboration with the departments of Electrical Enginee...
Ph D Stipend In Advanced Process Control Using Ai Enhanced Sensor Fusion And Its Application In Offshore Produced Water Treatment (14 21050), Aalborg University, Denmark, about 23 hours ago
PhD Stipend in Advanced Process Control Using AI-enhanced Sensor Fusion and Its Application in Offshore Produced Water Treatment (14-21050) At the Faculty of Engineering and Science, Department of...
Post Doc Position On Bioprocess Engineering Of The Yeast Pichia Pastoris, BOKU - University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna, Austria, about 1 month ago
Research field The methylotrophic yeast Pichia pastoris is an important host for the production of industrial enzymes and biopharmaceutical proteins. The aim of this project is to develop and desi...