- Dating Murujuga's Dreaming: Scientific analysis of landscapes and rock art
- Seeking a highly motivated candidate with interdisciplinary interests in climate modelling and archaeology to conduct an innovative PhD, researching coastal morphodynamic and drift modelling within the Dampier Archipelago. The project will involve reconstructed/modelled wind, wave and tidal fields, to interpret Holocene Aboriginal occupation and rock art production across the archipelago. The candidate will work within a team in the Project's Climate, Hydrodynamic and Hydrological reconstruction Research Node.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement, Research Excellence
- An excellent Honours degree in Climate modeling and/or archaeology and an interest in analysis of big data. The project focuses on coastal morphodynamic and drift modelling of the archipelago using the reconstructed/modelled wind, wave and tidal fields, to interpret Aboriginal occupation of Murujuga post-islandisation. The candidate will work with multidisciplinary project researchers and be supervised by Project CIs Ian Goodwin and Mick O'Leary. We reserve the right to make an appointment before the closing date if a suitable candidate is identified.
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, International
- Study area
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- UWA Only
- Currently available
- Application status
Ph D Position: Low Speed Aerodynamic Investigation Of High Sweep Crescent Wings, Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), Netherlands, about 7 hours ago
Faculty Aerospace Engineering The Faculty of Aerospace Engineering at Delft University of Technology is one of the world’s most highly ranked (and most comprehensive) research, education and innov...
Ph D Position Wind Turbine Prognostics And Health Management, Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), Netherlands, 14 days ago
Operations and Maintenance (O&M) account for up to 30% of the total cost from wind energy. Hence, current research efforts are aimed at reducing wind turbine downtime and increasing reliability, a...
Ph D Position In Ai Approaches For Erosion At Wind Turbine Blades, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 1 hour ago
DTU Wind Energy Department invites highly talented candidates to apply for a PhD scholarship. The starting date will be as early as possible. Responsibilities and qualifications The subject of the...
Ph D Position In Environmental Dna And Archaeology (1.0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, about 14 hours ago
PhD position in environmental DNA and Archaeology (1.0 FTE) Functie We are seeking a PhD candidate as part of the NWA project ‘Constructing the limes: Employing citizen science to understand borde...
Joint Ph D Ku Leuven Uo Melbourne: Soil Structure Interaction Framework For Monopiles In Sand Under Cyclic Loading, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, about 8 hours ago
Recent developments in offshore renewable energy sector have resulted in bigger wind turbines and thus an increase in the mostly commonly used monopile foundation’s diameter to guarantee their per...
Ph D In Ocean Waves, University College Dublin, Ireland, 3 days ago
“Facilitate the transition to a low-carbon energy future through the provision of the under- lying research and innovation, and the training of the highly skilled leaders of tomorrow”. Objective 1...