CQUniCares Scott Williams Foundation Scholarship
Made possible by the Scott Williams Foundation, the CQUniCares Scott Williams Foundation Scholarships will provide recognition and financial assistance to deserving students studying a business-related course who are under financial pressure.
Scholarship Value: Up to $5,000
Length of Scholarship: 1 (one) Year
Number Available: 4
Opening Date: 04 May 2021
Closing Date: 11 June 2021
Tip: Horizontal scrolling available on larger tables
|Year of Study||Any|
|Study Region||Brisbane; Noosa|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
To be eligible to receive the CQUniCares Scott Williams Foundation Scholarship, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled or intending to enrol at CQUniversity in Term 2, 2021;
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate course related to any of the following disciplines:
- Digital Media
- Information Technology
- Be enrolled with a term study load of at least 12 credit points or more;
- Be able to demonstrate low personal/ family income or under financial pressure;
- Be an Australian citizen;
- Be enrolled at CQUniversity at the time of Census date in Term 2, 2021;
- Not be receiving another CQUniversity Scholarship of similar or higher value.
Preference will be given to applicants (in declining order) who are: past Scott Williams Foundation scholars; residing in the Sunshine Coast and Moreton Shire; residing in regional Queensland; or residing in regional Australia.
Applicants will be assessed on the application form and a written submission of no more than 500 words addressing the following:
- Career goals and how the Scholarship will assist you in achieving your educational objectives;
- Extracurricular activities – especially community and volunteering activities and demonstration of leadership.
- Life experiences
Ongoing Eligibility Criteria
In addition to the eligibility criteria, the successful applicant must:
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 4.0 each term
- Remain enrolled in the course as at Census Date each term with a minimum study load of 12 credit points
- Complete 2 x additional pathways (recipient’s choice of remaining topics) of Blackbullion financial literacy platform prior to Term 2 Census Date.
Please note that failure to meet the continuing eligibility criteria may result in the scholarship being cancelled.
Expectations of Recipients
As an added professional development opportunity, all scholarship recipients are expected to engage with Blackbullion, an online interactive financial literacy platform. Scholarship recipients must complete the “budgeting” pathway + 1 (one) other module of their choice prior to the first payment being made.
As a scholarship recipient, you will be asked to participate in a feedback survey. You may also be approached to assist with positively promoting CQUniversity’s Scholarship program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media or invited to attend events such as Orientation or Open Days.
Payment of the Scholarship
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCentre for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Term 2 Census Date to avoid delays.
Payments are based on term study loads as follows
- $1,250 /term for study load of 12 credit points
- $2,500 /term for study load of 18 credit points or more
Payment will be made to the successful applicant in Week 6 after final post Census Date eligibility and Blackbullion engagement checks each term.
Payments will be credited electronically to the student’s nominated bank account.
Applications must include all necessary supporting documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants will need to supply the following supporting documentation:
- Written submission
- Evidence of academic achievements or unofficial transcript
- Evidence of community involvement, exemplary work or demonstration of leadership
- Evidence of low income/ financial hardship
Possible required income documents:
- Centrelink Income Statement – current (How to obtain a Centrelink Income Statement )
- 3 current payslips – including partner’s income if partnered or parent/s if you are under the age of 22 years of age
- Latest Notice of Assessment (if in receipt of Business Income)
- 3 months of personal or business bank account statements (if no other documents can be provided)
Please note if students are under the age of 22 and not deemed “Independent” by Centrelink, parental income documents will be required.
To apply for the Scott Williams Scholarship:
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) apply through MyCQU . You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) apply now.
Complete Applications must be received at the Student Scholarships Office by 5pm AEST on the closing date.
Failure to supply requested documents will result in your application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
A selection panel, consisting of representatives from CQUniversity will be formed to determine the successful applicants. Preference will be given to students enrolled in a Bachelor of Business, or combined business course. A scholarship will only be offered where there is an applicant of sufficient merit. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications as soon as possible after the selection panel meets.
Scott Williams Foundation
Mr Scott Williams AM is an award-winning small business operator and philanthropist recognised for his services to local government, business, community radio, higher education and philanthropy. As Chair of the Scott Williams Foundation, Scott continues to play an important role in helping CQUniversity students to reach their full potential by offering these life-changing scholarships.
Kevin Simpkins Scholarship In Public Sector Accounting, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 4 days ago
Study Area(s): Business Scholarship Level: Undergraduate (returning); Honours Closing Date(s): 31 August Tenure: One year Number offered: One annually Value: $5000 (subject to funds available) - p...
Luamanuvao Dame Winnie Laban Pasifika Business Postgraduate Degree Scholarship, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 4 days ago
Study Area(s): Business Scholarship Level: Postgraduate Closing Date(s): 1 March 2021 (for study in Trimester 1 or 2, 2021) and 31 October 2021 (for study in 2022) Tenure: One year Award for: Pasi...
Athol Mann Award For Vocal Students, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 4 days ago
Study Area(s): Music Scholarship Level: Undergraduate (returning); Postgraduate; Honours Closing Date(s): 23 March Tenure: One year Number offered: One Value: $2,500 (subject to funds available) D...
Ernest Marsden Scholarship In Physics, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 4 days ago
Study Area(s): Science Scholarship Level: Masters Research; Doctoral Closing Date(s): 1 October Number offered: One per year Value: $9,000 (subject to funds available) Description This scholarship...
Ngā Manu Trust Research Scholarship, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 4 days ago
Study Area(s): Science Scholarship Level: Masters Research; Postgraduate; Honours; Masters by coursework Closing Date(s): 31 March Tenure: One year Number offered: Varies Value: A minimum of $3,00...
Nora Bateson Scholarship, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 4 days ago
Scholarship Level: Masters Research; Masters by coursework Closing Date(s): 31 May Tenure: One year Number offered: One annually Value: Approximately $5,000 (subject to funds available) Descriptio...