- Bachelor of Medical Science Scholarship in Honour of Professor Cecil Lewis [F29783]
- The late Janice Gail Adams (Jan Adams) has bequeathed a sum of money to the University of Western Australia to establish a fund to further research activity within the School of Surgery at The University of Western Australia. The bequest was made in appreciation of the clinical role performed by Emeritus Professor A. K. House during his time as Professor and Head within the UWA Department of Surgery. The established fund provides a scholarship within the Foundation Professors Bachelor of Medical Science Scholarship Program, in honour of the Foundation Professor of Surgery, Professor Cecil Lewis.
The Foundation Professors Bachelor of Medical Science Scholarship Program consists of up to 11 scholarships established to honour the 11 Founding Professors of the Medical School, and to augment research capacity through the Bachelor of Medical Science honours degree. The purpose of the program is to encourage medical students to undertake scientific medical research, to enable them to gain considerable insight into research methods and to assess their personal suitability for future medical research and a career in research and/or academia.
- Payment type
- Semester Installments
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
(1) To be eligible to apply for a scholarship an applicant must be:
enrolled in the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery degree course at The University of Western Australia; and
eligible to enrol in the Bachelor of Medical Science honours degree course.
(2) To be eligible to take up the scholarship an applicant must be:
enrolled in the Bachelor of Medical Science honours degree course; and
undertaking a research project relevant to the discipline of Surgery.
(3) Preference is given to eligible applicants whose research project is associated with liver transplant, cancer or vascular research.
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand Citizen, Australian Humanitarian Visa, International
- Study area
- Medicine and Pharmacology, Ophthalmology and Visual Science, Paediatrics and Child Health, Primary, Aboriginal and Rural Health Care, Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, Surgery, Microscopy, Characterisation and Analysis
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- UWA Only
- Currently available
- Application status
Ph D Scholarship, The University of Queensland, Australia, 12 days ago
Apply now Job no:501085 Area:Institute for Social Science Research Salary (FTE):UQ Scholarship (APA Rate)NON-BANDED ($26,682.00 - $26,682.00) Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location: Brisbane, ...
Ph D Scholarships In Bioprocessing Project 2, The University of Queensland, Australia, 12 days ago
Apply now Job no:501161 Area:Aust Institute for Bioengineering & Nanotechnology Salary (FTE):Research Scholar BAND Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location: St Lucia PhD Scholarships in Bioproce...
Ph D Scholarship In Population Genomics Of Archived Shark Samples, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 1 day ago
Apply no later than 15 October 2017 Apply for the job at DTU Aqua by completing the following form. Apply online A PhD Scholarship in Population Genomics of archived shark samples is available at ...
Master Of Philosophy (M Phil) Scholarships To Study Neuroscience, The University of Queensland, Australia, 18 days ago
Apply now Job no:501129 Area:Queensland Brain Institute Salary (FTE):Research Scholar BAND Work type:Full Time - Fixed Term Location: St Lucia Master of Philosophy (MPhil) Scholarships to study ne...
Ph D Scholarship In Biopharmaceutical Discovery And Advanced Manufacturing Project 1, The University of Queensland, Australia, 10 days ago
The Australian Institute for Bioengineering and Nanotechnology PhD Scholarships in Biopharmaceutical Discovery and Advanced Manufacturing: Isolation and characterisation of novel antibodies agains...
Howard Bequest Undergraduate Awards Ugca1553, University of New South Wales, Australia, about 7 hours ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage First year students, Second year students, Third year and above Opens 28/08/2017 Closing Date See below For commencement Semester 1 2018 Value $2,000 up to ...