- Attraction Scholarship in Radiation Oncology Medical Physics
- The Western Australian Department of Health has established a scholarship fund for the purpose of attracting students with a strong desire to develop a career in radiation oncology medical physics. The demand for medical physicists specializing in radiation oncology is exceeding supply in Western Australia as the government seeks to expand cancer treatment services in the State. Through the award of the Attraction Scholarship in Radiation Oncology Medical Physics, the Department of Health is seeking to encourage suitable applicants to apply for the MSc (Medical Physics) course in the Faculty of Science to commence a radiation oncology medical physics research project and associated coursework in 2013. The scholarship is administered in accordance with the following conditions.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- eligible to enroll or be enrolled as a full-time student in the MSc (Medical Physics) course(see http://www.science.uwa.edu.au/courses/postgrad/coursework/medphysics for admission requirement into this course) at the University by the date of commencement of the scholarship;
- agree to undertake an appropriate radiation oncology medical physics research project as determined by the School of Physics
- be able to provide a current National Police Certificate
The scholarships are awarded to the applicants who, in the opinion of the selection committee, best demonstrate:
academic excellence as evidenced by their academic records;
a demonstrated interest and aptitude for medical physics, as evidenced in their curriculum vitae, other application documentation, or through an interview;
- A completed Application for Postgraduate Study (Form PG-AP1)
- A completed Supplementary Form for Graduate Research (Form PG-AP2) NB: for Question R2.2 it is sufficient to enter Radiation oncology medical physics. Research project details will be finalized before enrolment.
- A full curriculum vitae including any evidence of your research background
- A statement of at least 250 words describing why you would like to pursue a career in radiation oncology medical physics.
- A National Police Clearance Certificate
All forms and attachments to be submitted to Vicki Falcetta in the Science Student Office, M083, 35 Stirling Highway, CRAWLEY, Western Australia 6009, by 5pm Friday 18th January, 2012.
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Study area
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Ph D Position In Seismology (Physics) For Gravitational Wave Detection, Incorporated Research Institutions for Seismology, Australia, about 15 hours ago
PhD Position in Seismology (Physics) for Gravitational Wave Detection University of Western Australia, School of Physics and Astrophysics Posted: 09/27/2017 Open Until: 10/28/2017 Institution: Uni...
The Merri Borton Scholarship, University of Sydney, Australia, about 4 hours ago
Funding Body: A Gift from Ms Jane Borton Title: The Merri Borton Scholarship Research Areas: Health Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: A unique opportunity is available for an outsta...
Cpa Australia Cpa Program Scholarship 2018, Australian Scholarships Foundation, Australia, about 7 hours ago
Scholarship Overview The scholarship entitles recipients to an exemption from all CPA Program subject fees. The award covers course fees starting from the date awarded. Guidance for Applicants: Th...
Sydney West Translational Cancer Research Centre Ph D Scholarship, University of Sydney, Australia, about 4 hours ago
Funding Body: The University of Sydney Title: Sydney West Translational Cancer Research Centre PhD Scholarship Research Areas: Health Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: A unique oppo...
Uts Humanitarian Scholarship, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, about 8 hours ago
The UTS Humanitarian Scholarship has been established to support undergraduate study for students holding Asylum Seeker Bridging Visas or Temporary Protection Visas (TPV) as a result of their arri...
Fully Funded (Home/Eu Rate) Ph D Studentship (Fixed Term), University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, 2 days ago
Fixed-term: The funds for this post are available for 3.5 years in the first instance. EPSRC Studentship Full or fees-only award available to students who pay 'home rate' fees Starting date: Octo...