Per annum, for three and a half years. Fee relief additional.
Who is it for?
Future graduate researchers, Future PhD candidates, Graduate researchers
Where is it available?
How is it paid?
Please do not use the apply now button
The ARC MedAg Hub is offering PhD Research Scholarships for outstanding, high achieving and motivated candidates to undertake research aimed at improving the profitability and sustainability of medicinal agriculture for primary producers and adding value for pharmaceutical manufacturers and end-users. Applicants should have an interest in subjects related to medicinal agriculture or plant biology, such as; breeding, genetics, high-throughput imaging and phenomics, genome regulation, metabolomics, integrative ‘omic analysis, biochemistry, secondary/specialized metabolism
This Scholarship is available to Australian or New Zealand citizens or Australian Permanent Residents only.
About the ARC Research Hub for Medicinal Agriculture (ARC MedAg Hub)
The ARC MedAg Hub works to apply knowledge and leading-edge innovation by transforming high quality, plant-derived therapeutics production into an integrated industry spanning primary producers and manufacturers. The ARC MedAg Hub is a multidisciplinary collaboration conducting pre-clinical research in medicinal agriculture amongst researchers at La Trobe University, The University of Melbourne, Olivia Newton-John Cancer Research Institute, in collaboration with funding agency the Australian Research Council and leading industry partners Cann Group Limited, Hexima, Photon Systems Instruments, SensaData, UTT BioPharma, Bio Platforms Australia and Palo Alto Research Center Inc. The ARC MedAg Hub recognises the importance of investing in education and training that prepares graduates for a range of careers in industry, from both the perspective of students and employers.
About the Projects
The following is a list of available PhD Scholarships projects. Please visit the ARC MedAg Hub website https://medagriculture.com/ for further information on each project.
Benefits of the Scholarship include:
- a La Trobe Research Scholarship for three and a half years, with a value of $28,092.00 per annum, to support your living costs (2020 rate)
- a fee-relief scholarship for up to four years to undertake a PhD at La Trobe University
- opportunities to work with La Trobe’s outstanding researchers, and have access to our suite of professional development programs.
- opportunity to be involved in an innovative industry transformation hub involving industry partners
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must have:
In selecting successful applicants, we prioritise applications from candidates who:
- will be enrolled full-time and undertaking their research at a La Trobe University campus
- have completed a Masters by Research or other significant body of research, such as:
- an honours research thesis, or
- lead authorship of a peer-reviewed publication, assessed at a La Trobe Masters by research standard of 75 or above
- are Australian or New Zealand citizens or Australian permanent resident
How to apply
Please do not use the apply now button.
If you wish to apply for an ARC MedAg Hub PhD Scholarship, follow these steps:
- Contact the ARC MedAg Hub at email@example.com for any further details about the projects and your suitability.
- When you received in-principle agreement for supervision, complete and submit your application to the La Trobe Graduate Research School by 31 October 2020 for admission into La Trobe’s PhD program, indicating for which ARC MedAg Hub PhD Scholarship program you wish to be considered.
- The University will carefully review your application and consider you for these scholarships.
- It is anticipated that the successful applicants will commence candidature in Semester 1, 2021.
- Open to Australian and New Zealand Citizens / Australian Permanent Residents only.
- While you may express interest in being considered for multiple projects, only one scholarship will be awarded.
- Potential candidates may be required to be interviewed as part of the application process.
- Due to the nature of the research involved, confidential and security criteria will need to be agreed to before offers can be secured.
DUE DATE: 31st October 2020
Contact name and email
If you require further information about these scholarships or to discuss your suitability, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://medagriculture.com
Please do not use the apply now button
Ph D Scholarship Opportunities In Evolutionary Moral Psychology (2 Positions), Monash University, Australia, 20 minutes ago
PhD Scholarship Opportunities in Evolutionary Moral Psychology (2 positions) Job No.: 612412 Faculty / Portfolio: Faculty of Arts School of Philosophical, Historical, and International Studies (SO...
Ph D Scholarships Arc Industrial Transformation Training Centre For Cryo Electron Microscopy Of Membrane Proteins, Monash University, Australia, 19 minutes ago
PhD Scholarships - ARC Industrial Transformation Training Centre for Cryo-electron Microscopy of Membrane Proteins Job No.: 612246 Location: Parkville campus Employment Type: Full-time Duration: 4...
Ph D Scholarship In Social Science Household And Community Innovations For Low Waste Cities, Monash University, Australia, 18 minutes ago
PhD Scholarship in Social Science - Household and community innovations for low waste cities Job No.: 612264 Location: Clayton campus Employment Type: Full-time Duration: 3-year and 3-month fixed-...
Ph D Scholarship In Social Science – Creating Transformative Policy Contexts For Advancing Sm Es’ Sustainability Practices, Monash University, Australia, 18 minutes ago
PhD Scholarship in Social Science – Creating transformative policy contexts for advancing SMEs’ sustainability practices Job No.: 612270 Location: Clayton campus Employment Type: Full-time Duratio...
Ph D Scholarship Australian Leaf Blotch Miner Moth, CSIRO, Australia, about 22 hours ago
PhD scholarship opportunity at the Australian National Insect Collection $28,000 p.a. plus all operational costs Access to CSIRO's world-class facilities and staff The CSIRO is offering a PhD Scho...
Ph D Scholarship In Environmental Communication – Sport, Environmental Issues And Sustainability, Monash University, Australia, 17 minutes ago
PhD Scholarship in Environmental Communication – Sport, Environmental Issues and Sustainability Job No.: 612298 Location: Caulfield campus Employment Type: Full-time Duration: 3-year and 3-month f...