Alistair Murdoch Research Bursary in Animal Health and Welfare
The Alistair Murdoch Research Bursary was established through donations from family and friends of Alistair Murdoch in his memory, to provide support for the practical aspects of masters and PhD research projects relevant to the areas of animal health and welfare.
Alistair Murdoch was a 1981 graduate of Murdoch University Veterinary School.Alistair had a remarkable and varied career as a veterinarian before his untimely death. While his family, friends and colleagues felt the tragic loss of Alistair, they also remembered a man passionate about veterinary science, with a positive, energetic and generous outlook.
Alistair Murdoch Bursary (Murdoch University Veterinary Fund)
No. of Scholarships:
Duration of Award:
Level of study:
- How to Apply
To be eligible to apply for the Alistair Murdoch Research Bursary in Animal Health and Welfare, applicants must:
- Applicants must meet the admission requirements of the required HDR degree to be eligible (first or upper second-class Honours degree, Masters degree by research, or equivalent).
- be currently enrolled as higher degree by research candidate at Murdoch University
- have an approved programme of study
- be working in any discipline, providing their research topic is relevant to the areas specified above
- not already have been awarded the Bursary in the course of their candidature
The funds may be used to assist in covering costs associated with research travel, data collection and analysis, the production of creative works, specialised training or to meet other costs incurred in undertaking the research.
The funds may not be used for computer hardware or software, and is not expected to be solely expended on conference travel or general living expenses
How to Apply
To apply, students must submit
1. A one to two page CV including details of undergraduate studies, employment, extracurricular interests, and a statement outlining your goals and aspirations
2. A one page proposal outlining the following:
- how the research project contributes to knowledge about animal health and welfare
- how the research project may be of practical benefit to improving the health and welfare of animals
- how the bursary will enhance the research project undertaken by the candidate
- budget for project
3. A brief reference from your supervisor as proof of endorsement and support
For further details please contact Dr Henry Annandale - Henry.Annandale@murdoch.edu.au
Please submit all your application documents to Graduate Research Office
Distribution from Veterinary Trust Fund on award of Bursary.
1 Sep 2023
15 Nov 2023
Forrest Ph D Scholarships , ;, Australia, about 5 hours ago
FORREST RESEARCH FOUNDATION PhD SCHOLARSHIPS 2024 - Open Now! The Forrest Research Foundation is offering up to 9 prestigious three-year PhD scholarships to outstanding researchers from around the...
2023 Semester 2 Postgraduate Equity Bursary, Curtin University, Australia, about 5 hours ago
Status: Closed Applications open: 19/06/2023 Applications close: 11/08/2023 View printable version [.pdf] About this scholarship Description/Applicant information The Postgraduate Equity Bursary s...
Frank Knox Memorial Fellowships For Study At Harvard University 2024 2025, Curtin University, Australia, about 6 hours ago
Status: Preview Applications open: 1/11/2023 Applications close: 1/02/2024 View printable version [.pdf] About this scholarship Description/Applicant information Disclaimer - This fellowship is ma...
Ecu Scia Neuromoves Ph D Industry Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia, about 22 hours ago
Our research team at the Exercise Medicine Research Institute at Edith Cowan University are recruiting a high-quality candidate interested in pursuing a PhD (Doctor of Philosophy) embedded within ...
Ph D Project With Scholarship Critical Zone Functioning In Semi Arid Environments, West Australian Biogeochemistry Centre, The University of Western Australia, Australia, 12 days ago
The West Australian Biogeochemistry Centre, School of Biological Sciences in collaboration with School of Agriculture and Environment and School of Earth Sciences of The University of Western Aust...
2024 Arc Linkage Project Ph D Scholarship In Structural Integrity Assessment Of Walls, Curtin University, Australia, about 6 hours ago
Status: Open Applications open: 28/09/2023 Applications close: 27/10/2023 View printable version [.pdf] About this scholarship Description/Applicant information This full PhD scholarship is funded...