University of Sydney
Aizoon Australia and University of Sydney Business School PhD Scholarship
Humanities & Social Sciences; Sciences & Engineering
The University of Sydney Business School and Aizoon Australia in collaboration are offering a PhD scholarship to work on a joint PhD project in the area of Smart Supply Chain and the impact of Cyber Security Issues under the supervision of Professor Michael Bell and Professor Behnam Fahimnia. The candidate will be based in the Institute of Transport and Logistics Studies (ITLS) within the University of Sydney Business School. ITLS is a renowned international centre of transport, logistics and supply chain management, and holds the Australian government’s highest possible rating of 5 for a research centre.
The supply chain team within ITLS conducts applied and problem-driven research in three areas of behavioural operations, risk management, and sustainable supply chain management. The team has helped a range of Australian industries develop decision-making skills to create and manage efficient, resilient and sustainable supply chains. The proposed joint PhD project will focus on intelligent systems and cyber security issues within a logistics and supply chain context
Applicants will need the following:
- Undergraduate degree with an Australian university First class Honours or equivalent, specialising in supply chain management, operations management/research, applied mathematics, industrial engineering, or
- Other relevant discipline OR Masters degree with at least an 80% average and a 25% research thesis component in the proposed field of study from a recognised University; completed no more than 5 years ago.
- Applicants must meet the following English language requirements: IELTS 7.0 (with a minimum of 6.5 in each band) OR TOEFL 600+ (e at 4.5+) or CBT 250+ (essay 4.5+) or IBT 100+ (writing band 23 and no band below 22); if a degree has been completed within the last 5 years and was taught, assessed and examined in English there is no need to provide an IELTS or TOEFL score.
- Adequate knowledge and experience of mathematical modelling, statistical data analysis and experiment design are required.
- Applicants should have good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work both independently and as part of research team.
The successful applicant will also need to meet the academic entry requirements and follow the procedures for enrolment in the University of Sydney Business School Higher degree by Research program (http://sydney.edu.au/business/study/research/entry_requirements ). Candidates must commence by 27 July 2017 (Research Period 3). The award cannot be deferred
The scholarship is valued at $32,000 per annum and may be renewed for up to three years, subject to satisfactory progress. The scholarship is paid as a stipend on a fortnightly basis. This scholarship does not cover any tuition fees payable by candidates although exceptional international applicants may be considered for a fee award. There are also funding opportunities to attend one conference per year and other expenses linked to the PhD program.
For further information, email Professor Mike Bell at email@example.com or Prof Behnam Fahimnia at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Applications should be emailed email@example.com by 5pm, 31st March, 2017.
To apply, please include:
1) Academic transcripts,
2) Curriculum Vitae,
3) Details of two academic referees familiar with your studies, and
4) A cover letter indicating your interests in this research area and why you consider yourself suitable for the scholarship.
Please subject the application email: Aizoon Australia and University of Sydney Business School PhD Scholarship
31 March 2017Back
Sydney Campbell Diploma Scholarship, Massey University, New Zealand, 17 days ago
Closing date: to be announced The Sydney Campbell Scholarships are provided under the Will of the late Mr Sydney Campbell, Riverside Farm, Masterton, and are tenable at Massey University. 1.There ...
Ph D Scholarship In Population Genomics Of Archived Shark Samples, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 3 hours ago
Apply no later than 15 October 2017 Apply for the job at DTU Aqua by completing the following form. Apply online A PhD Scholarship in Population Genomics of archived shark samples is available at ...
Ph D Scholarship: Sustainable Energy Transitions In Developing Countries, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 3 hours ago
Apply no later than 7 October 2017 Apply for the job at DTU Management Engineering by completing the following form. Apply online The Centre on Energy, Climate and Sustainable Development, part of...
Meat & Wool Nz Postgraduate Scholarship, Massey University, New Zealand, 15 days ago
Closing date: to be announced Meat & Wool New Zealand Postgraduate Scholarships These scholarships are to provide students who have achieved a good academic record, possess good interpersonal skil...
Ph D Scholarship In Health Related Effects Of Quinoa Impact On Intestinal Permeability And Immune Responses, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 4 hours ago
Apply no later than 24 September 2017 Apply for the job at DTU Food by completing the following form. Apply online National Food Institute at the Technical University of Denmark (DTU Food) invites...
Industry Partnered Ph D Scholarships In Optical Physics, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 3 days ago
Two PhD scholarships are available for the right candidates, working on Industry-Partnered PhD projects at the University of Technology Sydney. The projects involve the design, numerical modelling...