The A.M. Horsnell Travelling Scholarship was established in 1980 by the University of Adelaide following acceptance of funds raised by the private subscription to commemorate the services rendered to the Dental School by Professor Arthur Maxwell Horsnell, Professor of Dental Science (later Dental Health) from 1959 to 1977. The fund was increased in 1980 by the transfer of funding from the residual funds of the Student Education Exchange Scheme. In 1999, Professor Horsnell bequeathed additional funding to augment the A.M. Horsnell Travelling Scholarship.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must:
- Be undertaking undertaking the fourth or fifth year of the Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Be visiting an approved Dental School or other institution for a period not exceeding twelve weeks
- Be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident of Australia
- Be enrolled on a full time basis in a Commonwealth Supported Place
Selection of the successful candidate will be made according to:
- Academic merit (GPA)
- The likely benefit to be derived both by the dental school and the student
- Answers to questions on the application form
- You must meet all of the above listed criteria to be eligible to apply
- The Scholarship must be taken up in the year in which it is offered
- After the recipient has returned from their visit to the approved Dental School or other institution, the recipient must provide a written report to the Head of School detailing the outcome of their visit and the experience and benefits gained.
- Students receiving other University of Adelaide Scholarships may apply for this Scholarship
Team Leader: Scholarships, Graduations And Records (Heo 6), University of South Australia, Australia, 20 days ago
Based in the Student and Academic Services Unit at 101 Currie Street, Adelaide Full-time, continuing position Commencement Salary: $84,539 per annum (plus 17% superannuation) About the Role The Te...
Matthew Flinders Scholarship, Flinders University, Australia, 10 days ago
Applicants for the scholarship must: be enrolled full-time at Flinders University*; and be in receipt of means-tested government payments or be able to demonstrate financial hardship; and demonstr...
College Of Medicine And Public Health Summer Research Scholarship, Flinders University, Australia, 1 day ago
Applicants are strongly encouraged to contact multiple prospective supervisors, either by email or in person, prior to applying to confirm their availability and willingness to host the student. H...