Applications open: 19/09/2023
Applications close: 20/12/2023
About this scholarship
The Women in MBA Scholarship has been developed by Curtin Graduate School of Business (CGSB) to encourage and support female students who have chosen to study a Master of Business Administration (MBA) either as a full-time or part-time student at CGSB and to establish the employer sponsorship.
This application round is open to domestic female students who wish to commence their study in the trimester for which this scholarship is offered.
To see the scholarship recipient testimonial, please click here .
- Future Students
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Postgraduate coursework
- Australian Citizen
- Australian Permanent Resident
- New Zealand Citizen
- Permanent Humanitarian Visa
- Merit Based
The Women in MBA Scholarship will provide the following support to be awarded as follows:
- Curtin University provides 40% of the student tuition fees of the MBA course for up to a maximum of 4 years or pro-rata if exemptions were applied
- In addition, an employer sponsorship provides at least 20% of the student tuition fees of the MBA course for up to a maximum of 4 years or pro-rata if exemptions were applied
The fee component of the scholarship will be paid directly to the student fee account prior to the census date relevant to each enrolled trimester.
The scholarship does not cover the Student Services & Amenities Fees (SSAF) and Ancillary or incidental fees.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) at Curtin Graduate School of Business
The MBA (Advanced) and MBA (Global) courses are ineligible for this scholarship.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible to apply for the Women in MBA Scholarship:
- Be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or Australian Permanent Humanitarian Visa holder
- Be female or identify as female
- Have applied for the scholarship before enrolling as a student in the MBA at CGSB
- Applicants who have entered the MBA through the Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma program pathway are eligible for this scholarship (on a pro rata basis)
- Be enrolled either full-time or part-time in the MBA at CGSB
- Be in full-time or part-time employment (external to Curtin University)
- Be able to demonstrate significant merit for all criteria listed in the Scholarship Application Form
- Provide a satisfactory letter of support from the applicant's employer
- Must hold a Bachelor degree or be enrolled through Curtin’s Graduate Certificate in Business or Graduate Diploma in Business pathway
- Must not be in receipt of credit from recognised learning (CRL), unless exempted
- Exemption will apply for the students entering the MBA program through Curtin’s Graduate Certificate in Business (up to 100 credits) or Graduate Diploma in Business pathway (up to 200 credits)
- Must not be in receipt of any other scholarship, fee discount or sponsorship
- Must not be employed in the following categories:
- Curtin University
- CEO positions or co-CEO positions
- Family business
- Organisations operating as trusts
- Applicants must apply for a course admission for the Master of Business Administration first and apply for the scholarship. You do not need to be accepted into the program at the time of scholarship application.
- Deferral of this scholarship is not permitted. Recipients who are unable to commence their course of study for the period which this scholarship is offered for will need to re-apply for the scholarship in the relevant study period which they wish to commence their course.
- Students undertaking Curtin's Graduate Certificate in Business or Graduate Diploma in Business should apply for this scholarship in an applicable trimester when they are commencing their MBA program.
In addition to the above, the applicant's employer must provide a letter of support which addresses the following requirements:
1. Letter of support:
There are 2 financial support options which employers can elect:
A. Financial - Sponsorship (Normal circumstances) A minimum employer contribution of 20% of the student tuition fees of the MBA each trimester for up to 4 years or pro-rata if exemptions were applied. Employer may contribute additional financial support at any time at their discretion. Contributions are made in accordance with the student's (applicant) enrolment in their relevant trimester of study. This commitment is formalised in a signed Sponsorship Agreement which is administered by the Fees Centre Curtin University. The Fees Centre will send the invoice to the employer in accordance with the student's enrolment load after the Payment Due Date each trimester.
B. Financial - Reimbursement (Exceptional circumstances) There may be employer polices where the student is required to pay the Curtin University the required tuition fees in advance and seek reimbursement from their employer upon successful completion of the unit for 20% of the student tuition fees of the MBA each trimester for up to 4 years or pro-rata if exemptions were applied. This commitment is formalised in a signed letter of support which is co-signed by the student and her employer and provided to the Scholarships Office.
2. On the ground
Provide practical support to enable the applicant to attend class, undertake additional study and group work and complete assignments.
3. Guidance and advice
Nominate a senior industry based student mentor to provide support and advice throughout the applicant’s MBA studies, and also in helping the applicant to develop a post MBA career pathway.
If the employer cannot provide all of the support above, the student is deemed ineligible for the Women in MBA Scholarship.
- A template is available from the scholarships website. The letter of support must:
- be issued with a corporate letterhead
- include the applicant’s full name, student number (if available), signature and date
- include the applicant’s employer’s name, authorising officer’s full name, position title, contact details (address, phone no, fax no and email address), signature and date
- The employer must agree to provide all the required ongoing support during your entire course of study.
- If the employer cannot provide all of the support above, the applicant is deemed ineligible for the Women in MBA Scholarship.
- The applicant herself cannot sign off the letter of support (e.g. self-employment, freelance or CEO, etc.)
Step 1: Access online application form
- Apply for a course admission for the Master of Business Administration (MBA) at Curtin University first
- Applications are to be submitted using the online application form. Access the form by clicking on the ‘Apply Online’ button on the top right-hand side of this page
Step 2: Complete
- Complete the application form online
- Application form can be saved at any point of the process
- Tips on how to complete your application can be found under the Applying for scholarships link on the scholarships website
Step 3: Submit
- Closing date is listed at the top of the page
- Late or incomplete applications will not be assessed
- Once submitted, application status will change to submitted
Step 4: Receipt
- Application receipt will be sent to the email address provided when you created your Curtin account, once your application has been submitted
Step 5: Assessment
- Applications will be assessed by an assessment panel using the following criteria:
- Exceptional female employee with senior management potential
- Enrolment in the MBA
- Academic achievement
- Responses to the scholarship criteria listed in the application form
- Evaluation of the required employer support
Step 6: Outcome
- Outcome sent via email supplied in the scholarship application within 2 weeks from the closing date
- All unsuccessful and successful applicants will be notified
Step 7: Acceptance
- Successful applicants must return acceptance documents by deadline listed in their offer email
- Deferral of this scholarship is not permitted
- Scholarships will be awarded only if there are applicants of sufficient merit
- Scholarship will commence from the trimester for which this scholarship is offered for
- Scholarship is not transferrable to another major, course or university
Recipients must meet all of the following:
- Remain enrolled in the MBA course at Curtin Faculty of Business & Law
- Maintain a study load of at least 25 credit points each trimester
- Pass all units attempted each trimester
- Successfully complete the MBA course within 4 years or pro-rata if exemptions were applied, unless a Leave of Absence is granted
- Have all the required ongoing employer support
T: 1300 222 888
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions
MBA Program Queries
Curtin Business & Law
T: 1300 222 888
For further information about applying for scholarships including important dates and tips for preparing your application, utilise the resources available on the Applying for Scholarships webpage.
- Letter of Employer Support - Option 1 (Employer Fee Sponsorship).docx
- Letter of Employer Support - Option 2 (Employer Reimbursement).docx
Scholarships Email Alert
Sign up now
Geoffrey Bolton History Honours Scholarship, Murdoch University, Australia, 2 days ago
Geoffrey Bolton History Honours Scholarship Established in memory of the late Emeritus Professor Geoffrey Bolton, the Geoffrey Bolton Fund enhances the learning journey of History scholars. Geoffr...
Commonwealth Teaching Scholarships, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 5 days ago
Scholarships of $40,000 per student are available for full-time undergraduate initial teacher education (ITE) students ($10,000 per year for a four-year qualification) and $20,000 for full-time po...
Csiro Ph D Scholarship Developing Advanced Cathodes For Oxide Based Lithium Ion Batteries, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 5 days ago
We're excited to announce a PhD position that's part of a collaborative research project Developing Radical Energy Storage Systems with CSIRO’s Revolutionary Energy Storage Systems Future Science ...
Geoffrey Bolton History Research Scholarship, Murdoch University, Australia, 2 days ago
Geoffrey Bolton History Research Scholarship Early career research (level A/B lecturer) at Murdoch University pursuing research in the areas most closely aligned with Professor Bolton’s fields of ...
Geoffrey Bolton History Grant – Postgraduate, Murdoch University, Australia, 2 days ago
Geoffrey Bolton History Grant – Postgraduate PhD student at Murdoch University pursuing research in the areas most closely aligned with Professor Bolton’s fields of study: History Provider: Geoffr...
Ecu Water Corporation Industry Ph D Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 5 days ago
We are thrilled to introduce an industry-backed Ph.D. opportunity as part of a collaborative program with Water Corporation. This innovative position centers on the development of an advanced wate...