Applications open: 15/01/2024
Applications close: 6/03/2024
About this scholarship
The Shooting Stars Enabling Scholarship encourages and empowers female Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander students from Western Australia who are experiencing financial need, to complete the Indigenous Tertiary Enabling Course (ITEC).
ITEC equips Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander students with the skills and confidence needed to study at tertiary level, and prepares them for a range of degrees and associate degree programs at Curtin University.
Preference is given to Shooting Stars graduates.
- Current Students
- Centre for Aboriginal Studies
- Pathways to undergraduate
- Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander Students
- Australian Citizen
- Need Based
The Shooting Stars Enabling Scholarship will provide the following support to be awarded as follows:
- A one-off cash payment of $2,500. The amount can be used at the recipient’s discretion to contribute towards educational related expenses
Indigenous Tertiary Enabling Course (On Campus only)
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be considered for the Shooting Stars Enabling Scholarship:
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent
- Be female or identify as female
- Demonstrate financial hardship and low socio-economic background
- Have applied for/ been offered for the Indigenous Tertiary Enabling Course (On Campus only)
Step 1: Access application form
- Applications are to be submitted using the online application form. Access the form by clicking on the ‘Apply Online’ button on the top right-hand side of this page.
- Please note that this link will direct you to the general "Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Scholarship Program " application form. Once you submit your application, you will then be considered for all scholarships that you are eligible for in this round.
Step 2: Complete
- Complete the application form online
- Application form can be saved at any point of the process
- Tips on how to complete your application can be found on the ‘Applying for scholarships’ link on the scholarships website
- For any assistance with the application process or your application, please contact us on 1300 222 888 or email us at [email protected] . Please note: appointments can be made to speak to an advisor in person.
Step 3: Submit
- Closing date is listed at the top of the page and within the Scholarships Channel on OASIS
- Incomplete applications will not be assessed
- Once submitted, application status will change to submitted
Step 4: Receipt
- Application receipt will be sent to the email address provided when you created your Curtin account, once your application has been submitted
Step 5: Assessment
- Applications for the Shooting Stars enabling Scholarship will be assessed by an assessment panel using the following criteria:
- Responses to questions in application form
- Demonstration of financial hardship
- Socioeconomic background
- Preference given to Shooting Stars graduates
Step 6: Outcome
- Outcome will be sent via the email address listed through TISC after main round offers (all successful and unsuccessful applicants will be notified)
- Students cannot receive more than one offer of a scholarship if they are from the same funding source or for the same purpose.
Step 7: Acceptance
- Successful applicants (including those who wish to defer their studies) must return acceptance documents by the deadline stipulated in the terms and conditions
- Deferral of this scholarship is permitted (details included in scholarship terms and conditions)
- Scholarship will be awarded if there are applicants of sufficient merit
- Scholarship will commence from first semester of study
- Scholarship is not transferable to another university
T: 1300 222 888
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions
For further information about applying for scholarships including important dates and tips for preparing your application, utilise the resources available on the Applying for Scholarships webpage.
Scholarships Email Alert
Sign up now
The Fiona Lavelle And Tinesh Tamilkodi Memorial Scholarships, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 1 day ago
The Fiona Lavelle and Tinesh Tamilkodi Memorial Scholarships, generously supported by St John Ambulance Australia will be offered for the first time in 2024. Two scholarships valued at $20,000 eac...
Baidam Solutions And Tenable Aboriginal And Torres Strait Islander Stem Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 1 day ago
At a glance This scholarship is open to current ECU students. For more information, contact AskUs Eligibility guidelines To be eligible for this scholarship you must: be Aboriginal and/or Torres S...
Advanced Indonesian Language Travel Bursary, Murdoch University, Australia, about 2 hours ago
Advanced Indonesian Language Travel Bursary Are you looking to extend professionally as a Teacher? The Advanced Indonesian Language Travel Bursary can assist you to gain fluency and experience abr...
Corporeal Health Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 1 day ago
At a glance This scholarship is open to current ECU students. For more information, contact AskUs Eligibility guidelines To be eligible for this scholarship you must: have attended a remote or reg...