Applications open: 15/01/2024
Applications close: 6/03/2024
I have a Curtin ID
I do not have a Curtin ID
About this scholarship
The CSIRO Indigenous STEM Scholarship is established to support and encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students undertaking a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) course.
The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) is Australia's national science research agency, dedicated to conducting innovative research and scientific exploration. With a focus on addressing significant challenges faced by the nation and the world, CSIRO's work spans a broad range of scientific disciplines, contributing to advancements in technology, sustainability, environmental conservation, health and more.
For more information, please visit their website www.csiro.au .
- Current Students
- Future Students
Faculty of Science & Engineering
- Science courses
- Engineering courses
- Pathways to undergraduate
- Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander Students
- Australian Citizen
- Need Based
The CSIRO Indigenous STEM Endowment Scholarship will provide the following support for the normal expected duration of the course (based on a full-time enrolment of 100 credits per semester):
- A cash stipend of $5,000 per semester. The amount can be used at the recipient’s discretion to contribute towards educational related expenses.
- Possibility of mentoring, research assistance and/or work integrated learning with the sponsor.
Any undergraduate or postgraduate by course work degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)
Double degrees are accepted.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible to apply for the CSIRO Indigenous STEM Endowment Scholarship:
- Enrolled full time (minimum 75 credits per semester) in an eligible course at Curtin University in Semester 1, 2024.
- Minimum course weighted average (CWA) of 50
Step 1: Access application form
- Application form can be accessed via the ‘My Studies’ tab in OASIS or via the ‘Apply Online’ button on the top right-hand side of this page
- Please note that this link will direct you to the general "Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Scholarship Program " application form. Once you submit your application, you will then be considered for all scholarships that you are eligible for in this round.
Step 2: Complete
- Complete the application form online
- Application form can be saved at any point of the process
- Tips on how to complete your application can be found on the ‘Applying for scholarships’ link on the scholarships website
- For any assistance with the application process or your application, please contact us on 1300 222 888 or email us at [email protected] . Please note: appointments can be made to speak to an advisor in person.
Step 3: Submit
- Closing date is listed at the top of the page and within the Scholarships Channel on OASIS
- Incomplete applications will not be assessed
- Once submitted, application status will change to submitted
Step 4: Receipt
- Application receipt will be sent to student email once application has been submitted
Step 5: Assessment
- Applications for the CSIRO Indigenous STEM Endowment Scholarship will be assessed by an assessment panel using the following criteria:
- Responses to questions in application form
- Passion for course / vision for career
- Non-academic achievements (extra-curricular and leadership)
Step 6: Outcome
- Successful and unsuccessful applicants will be notified of their outcome via the Scholarship Channel (Student OASIS) within 6-8 weeks of closing date
Step 7: Acceptance
- Successful applicants must accept the terms and conditions via the Scholarship Channel (Student OASIS) by the deadline
- Scholarship will be awarded if there are applicants of sufficient need
Recipients must meet all of the following:
- Maintain enrolment of at least 75 credits each semester at Curtin University
- Maintain a course weighted average (CWA) of at least 50 each semester
- Must pass all units attempted each semester
T: 1300 222 888
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions
For further information about applying for scholarships including important dates and tips for preparing your application, utilise the resources available on the Applying for Scholarships webpage.
I have a Curtin ID
I do not have a Curtin ID
Scholarships Email Alert
Sign up now
The Fiona Lavelle And Tinesh Tamilkodi Memorial Scholarships, Edith Cowan University, Australia, about 12 hours ago
The Fiona Lavelle and Tinesh Tamilkodi Memorial Scholarships, generously supported by St John Ambulance Australia will be offered for the first time in 2024. Two scholarships valued at $20,000 eac...
Baidam Solutions And Tenable Aboriginal And Torres Strait Islander Stem Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia, about 12 hours ago
At a glance This scholarship is open to current ECU students. For more information, contact AskUs Eligibility guidelines To be eligible for this scholarship you must: be Aboriginal and/or Torres S...
Corporeal Health Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia, about 12 hours ago
At a glance This scholarship is open to current ECU students. For more information, contact AskUs Eligibility guidelines To be eligible for this scholarship you must: have attended a remote or reg...