Applications open: 14/06/2022
Applications close: 12/08/2022
About this scholarship
Supported by the McCall MacBain Foundation and UniLodge Australia, the Second Home Scholarship supports and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students to complete their university education at Curtin University by covering their accommodation costs at one of the Curtin Perth on-campus UniLodge or St Catherine's College accommodation residences.
- Current Students
- Centre for Aboriginal Studies
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Faculty of Health Sciences
- Faculty of Humanities
Faculty of Science & Engineering
- Science courses
- Engineering courses
- Western Australian School of Mines (WASM)
- Pathways to undergraduate
- Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander Students
- Student accommodation
- Australian Citizen
- Need Based
- Merit Based
The Second Home Scholarship will provide the following support for up to a maximum of three years (based on a full-time study load of 100 credits per semester):
- An annual value of up to $12,500 to contribute towards Curtin Perth on-campus accommodation
- All enabling courses and undergraduate degrees
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible to apply for the Second Home Scholarship:
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- Enrolled full-time (minimum of 100 credits) in an eligible enabling course or undergraduate degree in semester 2, 2022
- Demonstrated financial hardship
- Low socio-economic background
- Reside in eligible on-campus accommodation for the total duration that this scholarship is awarded for
Step 1: Access application form
- Application form can be accessed via the ‘My Studies’ tab in OASIS or via the ‘Apply Online’ button on the top right-hand side of this page
- Please note that this link will direct you to the general "Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Scholarship Program" application form. Once you submit your application, you will then be considered for all scholarships that you are eligible for in this round.
Step 2: Complete
- Complete the application form online
- Application form can be saved at any point of the process
- Tips on how to complete your application can be found on the ‘Applying for scholarships’ link on the scholarships website
Step 3: Submit
- Closing date is listed at the top of the page and within the Scholarships Channel on OASIS
- Incomplete applications will not be assessed
- Once submitted, application status will change to submitted
Step 4: Receipt
- Application receipt will be sent to student email once application has been submitted
Step 5: Assessment
- Applications for the 2022- Semester 2- Second Home Scholarship will be assessed by an assessment panel using the following criteria:
- Responses to questions in application form
- Strength of personal statement (approximately 500 words) addressing:
- Challenges they have overcome in their life;
- Commitment to completing an undergraduate degree and their life/ career aspirations; and
- Demonstrate community, social, or cultural involvement, or share how this scholarship might help them to be more involved (this could be any type of involvement, including sport, extracurricular activities, caring for family, participating in cultural activities, volunteering, or giving back in some way).
If there are multiple applicants of the same ranking, the Scholarships will be given to the students performing best academically. In the absence of suitable applicants, the selection panel reserves the right to not award the Scholarships.
Step 6: Outcome
- All successful and unsuccessful applicants notified of their outcome via the Scholarships Channel (Student OASIS) within 6-8 weeks of the scholarship closing date
Step 7: Acceptance
- Successful applicants must accept the terms and conditions via the Scholarship Channel (Student OASIS) by the deadline
- Scholarship will be awarded if there are applicants of sufficient need
Recipients must meet all of the following:
- Maintain full-time enrolment (minimum of 100 credits) each study period at Curtin University
- Maintain a course weighted average (CWA) of at least 50
- Pass all units attempted each study period
- Maintain residency in Curtin Perth on-campus accommodation each study period
Changes to Enrolment
If a recipient intends to change their enrolment, they must also apply in writing to the Scholarships Office (firstname.lastname@example.org ) for approval BEFORE the change. The Scholarships Office will advise how the change will affect their scholarship.
Withdrawal or Terminated from units or course: A recipient who withdraws from their units or course of study, or has been terminated from their studies will become ineligible for the continuation of the scholarship, will not receive any further payments and will be required to repay to Curtin University the stipend awarded for that study period if applicable.
Cancellation of Scholarship: Notwithstanding any provision above, Curtin reserves the rights, at its sole discretion, to cancel the award of, or continuity of, the scholarship where the sponsor ceases to fund the scholarship.
T: 1300 222 888
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions
For further information about applying for scholarships including important dates and tips for preparing your application, utilise the resources available on the Applying for Scholarships webpage.
Scholarships Email Alert
Sign up now
Soldier On Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia, about 5 hours ago
At a glance The opportunity to study for an undergraduate degree significantly increases the number of opportunities for meaningful employment options veterans can pursue upon (re)entering civilia...
Ecu Higher Degree By Research Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia, about 5 hours ago
At a glance This scholarship is open to individuals who are prospective and current ECU students. In order to apply for this scholarship you must have a PhD, Integrated PhD or Master by Research c...
The Paulette Carson Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 6 days ago
At a glance This scholarship is open to current ECU students. Questions about this scholarship can be directed to AskUs . Eligibility guidelines To be eligible for this scholarship you must: be an...