Job TitleYouth Adventure Program - Program Aide
AgencyTexas A&M University
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum Salary$7.75 hourly
Job LocationCollege Station, Texas
Job TypeTemporary/Casual Staff (Fixed Term)
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment by promoting a culture that respects all perspectives, talents & identities. Embracing varying opinions and perspectives strengthens our core values which are: Respect, Excellence, Leadership, Loyalty, Integrity, and Selfless Service.
Who we are
The Department of Educational Psychology (EPSY) in the School of Education and Human Development is home to a variety of interrelated disciplines and degree options focused on human development and well-being in educational and community contexts. Our undergraduate programs prepare students to work with children and youth in a variety of community and school contexts. We also offer a range of professional master’s degrees geared towards professionals in schools, communities, and the corporate world. For those interested in doctoral studies we offer Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degrees in Educational Psychology, Counseling Psychology, and School Psychology. Learn more about Educational Psychology
What we want
The Youth Adventure Program - Program Aide is responsible for overseeing and participating in the daily operations of the Youth Adventure Program summer camp. Anticipated hours per week are as follows: Pre-camp (July 1 - 7): up to 40 hrs per week; During camp (July 8 - 28): up to 96 hrs per week. If this job description sounds interesting to you, we invite you to apply to be considered for this opportunity.
What you need to know
Note: This is a temporary position primarily during the month of July, 2023.
Hourly Pay Rate: $7.75/ Hour
Travel - Travels internationally to assist staff with the Youth Adventure Program Dominican Republic week.
Requirement Details: Bilingual/fluent in English and Spanish is required; State of Texas teaching certification; Valid passport.
Cover Letter/Resume : A cover letter and resume will assist us in our review of your application materials. These can be uploaded on the application under CV/Resume.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three years of direct supervisory experience teaching and/or working with pre-adolescents or adolescents (ages 7-17) in an academic or professional setting.
Required Licenses and Certifications:
- State of Texas teaching certification.
- CPR certification, or the ability to be CPR certified before start of camp.
- Valid passport.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bilingual / fluent in English and Spanish.
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Education, Psychology, or Interdisciplinary Studies.
- Camp Activities & Events - Responsible for overseeing and participating in the daily operations of the Youth Adventure Program summer camp. Assists with coordinating and participating in all camp activities and events.
- Supervision - Supervises and monitors camp participants.
- Schedule Coordination - Assists with establishing and maintaining morning, afternoon, and evening routine and coordinating meal schedules.
- Medicine - Dispenses medication and attend to all medical-related emergencies while camp is in session.
- Communication - Communicates with parents regarding any physical, psychological, or emotional ailments or adjustments that arise amongst participants while camp is in session.
- Travel and other duties - Performs other duties as assigned. Travels internationally to assist staff with the Youth Adventure Program Dominican Republic week.
Instructions to Applicants: Applications received by Texas A&M University must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Assistant Director, Rural Healthcare Education And School District Relations, TAMHSC, United States, 4 days ago
Job Title Assistant Director, Rural Healthcare Education and School District Relations Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Office of the Dean Proposed Minimum Salary Comme...
Senior Risk Manager, Berklee College of Music, United States, 1 day ago
Job Description: This position provides expertise, leadership, and direction on risk mitigation, including loss prevention and reduction strategies, contractual risk transfer, indemnification, ins...
Rural Medicine Administrative Coordinator Ii, TAMHSC, United States, 12 days ago
Job Title Rural Medicine Administrative Coordinator II Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Office of the Dean Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, Texa...
Professor And Department Head, Texas A&M University, Chemical Engineering Department, United States, about 1 month ago
The College of Engineering at Texas A&M University invites applications for a full-time tenured professor and department head for the Artie McFerrin Department of Chemical Engineering with an 11...
Director, Research Compliance, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, about 17 hours ago
Job Title Director, Research Compliance Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Chief Operating Officer Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job ...
Tenure Track: Assistant Professor, Texas A&M University, United States, 13 days ago
The Department of Atmospheric Sciences in the College of Arts & Sciences at Texas A&M University invites applications for two full-time tenure-track assistant professor positions in the areas of (...