Web Site Technician (IT)
Herberger Institute for Design and the Arts, Information Technology is seeking a Web Site Technician to work closely and collaboratively with users to design, create, develop, enhance and maintain web content, tools, functionality and format based on requests to ensure consistency in content in accordance with established standards, guidelines, and best practice methods.
Herberger Institute IT
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
Depends on experience
- Develops web forms, templates, database-driven web pages, new web tools and dynamic areas within web pages designed to enhance, sustain and support ideas and vision of the area in compliance with established styles and standards.
- Provides technical consultative suggestions and recommendations to users for continued enhancements to web content and informational areas
- Works closely with users to understand requirements, security needs; develops and presents initial design ideas and associated tools, tests functionality to ensure objectives are achieved; integrates user developed content
- Identifies and troubleshoots errors and/or problems with web based applications; works collaboratively with involved stakeholders to facilitate timely resolution; escalates as appropriate
- Participate as either leader or team member in a wide variety of projects to develop and improve routine procedures through use of innovative and technology supported solutions; prepares associated documentation and end-user training
- Remains abreast of technology directions, initiatives and trends within scope of expertise to provide ideas, guidance and recommendations
- Designs, develops, maintains and enhances a variety of online instructional content, services and forms to facilitate the delivery of a technology based curriculum along with associated supporting content
- Provides technical support in the production of multimedia-based layouts, graphics, animations, video and sound; designs web interfaces and develops layout design/content; selects illustrative materials for use ensuring consistency, accuracy and compliance with all standards.
- Prepares training materials and associated documentation.
Associate's degree in Information Technology, Business, Communications or closely related field AND two (2) years web content, graphic design or electronic publishing experience, OR, any equivalent combination of experience, and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Working knowledge of HIDA IT perferred
- Experience with JAMF and Snipe It API calls, .Net development, Python scripting, PHP development and code improvements
- Experience working with HIDA staff and faculty
- Experience in building website in .Net
- Demonstrated knowledge of web content applications to effectively and efficiently produce desired results
- Experience in identifying opportunities for use in technology solutions to improve efficiency and reduce errors.
- Experience in basic database concepts for web content delivery; strong understanding of search engine optimization methods and techniques
- Visual acuity and manual dexterity associated with daily use of laptop computer
- Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential duties.
- Perform duties in a digital culture within our Institute which enables employees to stay connected through shared experiences, interests, and priorities; fully remote to include our online student community
- Activities are performed on a computer, which may involve extended periods of sitting, typing, keyboarding, and manipulating a screen or computer mouse.
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities which may include and/or are subject to resolutions of conflicts.
DAYS AND SCHEDULE: (up to 5 hrs/wk) Schedule is flexible and based on availability of projects. Fully remote. Communication will be managed through Outlook email, Zoom, text messaging, and slack messaging systems.
The Herberger Institute comprises the School of Art; School of Arts, Media and Engineering; The Sidney Poitier New American Film School; School of Music, Dance and Theatre; The Design School; and the ASU Art Museum. With 130 degree and certificate options, and programs ranked top 20 in art, design, music, theatre, digital culture, film, dance and more, plus a top university art museum, a leading immersive media facility, and national and international partnerships, the Herberger Institute is a powerhouse of art, culture and design.
The vision of the Herberger Institute is to advance the New American University by embedding designers, artists and arts-based inquiry at its core and throughout the communities it serves locally, nationally and internationally. With over 5,399 students, over 500 faculty members, and 130 program options, the Herberger Institute is committed to redefining the 21st-century design and arts school.
As part of Arizona State University, the most innovative university in the nation, the Herberger Institute seeks to drive and scale new ways for arts and design to have impact in our world. We invite you to join our work.
• Creativity as a core 21st-century competency
• Design and the arts as critical resources for transforming our society
• Innovation, enterprise and entrepreneurship
• Interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary collaboration and research
• Social embeddedness
• Projecting all voices
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements: Arizona State University is a federal contractor and subject to federal regulations which may require you to produce a record of a COVID-19 vaccination. For questions about medical or religious accommodations, please visit the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion's webpage.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources .
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
Digital Content Coordinator, University of Alberta, Canada, 1 day ago
This position is a part of the Non-Academic Staff Association (NASA). This position offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed on our Benefits Overview page . Location: This role ...
Officer, Content Development, University Centers For Career Development, Grant Position, American University in Cairo, Egypt, 23 days ago
Reports to: Senior Manager, Communications, University Centers for Career Development Purpose: The job holder serves as an interpreter and analyst, gathering a wide array of information on Univers...
Expressions Of Interest – Adjuncts, Information Technology, Open Polytechnic, New Zealand, about 21 hours ago
Open Polytechnic operates nationwide as the specialist provider of vocational open and distance learning. Open Polytechnic is seeking Adjuncts (Contractors) to mark (assess) learner assessments fo...
Senior Instructional Designer, University of Alberta, Canada, 5 days ago
This position is a part of the Non-Academic Staff Association (NASA). This position offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: Faculty & Staff Benefits . Working for the Unive...
Education & Training Specialist I, Ii, Iii, University of Mississippi, United States, 1 day ago
This position may be hired at the level of Education and Training Specialist I, II, or III, commensurate with education and experience related to the role. Specialist I: This position develops, im...
Information Architect , University of Otago, New Zealand, 4 days ago
Information Architect -2300367 TRANSFORMATION AND IMPROVEMENT OPERATIONS DIVISION • Nationally acclaimed project management practices, with skills taught on job. • Family friendly employer +...