Web Project Manager (IT)
Educational Outreach and Student Services is seeking an energetic and self-motivated and team-oriented Web Project Manager, to work on its Strategic Marketing and Communications team. The successful candidate will work independently and collaboratively with team members and stakeholders to design, create, develop, enhance and maintain web content, tools, functionality and format based on requests to ensure consistency in content in accordance with established standards, guidelines and best practice methods. Develops and implements guidelines for the use of unit websites; coordinates and ensures timeliness of website builds, updates, redesign and refresh projects.
Marketing & Communication
EDUC OUTRCH & STDT SVCS
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$65,065 - $70,000 per year, DOE
- Utilizes various web coding languages, graphic design software and design methods to build, implement and maintain a variety of web pages and websites to support the mission, focus and brand of Educational Outreach and Student Services at ASU.
- Researches, modifies, and creates websites and web pages. Redesigns existing sites and pages using industry best-practices for usability, cross-browser compatibility and user interface design.
- Develops web forms, templates, database-driven web pages, new web tools and dynamic areas within web pages designed to enhance, sustain and support ideas and vision of the area in compliance with established styles and standards
- Works closely with users to understand requirements; develops and presents initial design ideas and associated tools, tests functionality to ensure objectives are achieved; integrates user developed content.
- Provides technical support in the production of multimedia-based layouts, graphics, animations, video and sound; designs web interfaces and develops layout design/content; selects illustrative materials for use ensuring consistency, accuracy and compliance with all standard.
- Experience in designing web integration of social media platforms such as; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Medium (blog)
- Monitors web site performance; initiates and completes daily site updates; troubleshoots potential marketing and web page problems.
- Works with IT departments to provide continuity of technical implementation for the website. Troubleshoots potential web page problems.
- Collaborate with communications team, to research and find web solutions.
- Manages multiple projects and deadlines with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Gives accurate time estimates for work and adheres to timelines and deadlines.
- Provides technical support in the production of multimedia-based layouts, graphics, animations, video and sound; designs web interfaces and develops layout design/content; selects illustrative materials for use ensuring consistency, accuracy and compliance with all standards
- Identifies and escalates errors and/or problems with web-based applications as appropriate. Works collaboratively with involved stakeholders to facilitate timely resolution.
- Participates as a team member in a wide variety of projects to develop and improve routine procedures through use of innovative and technology-supported solutions; prepares associated documentation and end-user training; Prepares and facilitates web editor training materials and associated documentation
- Remains abreast of technology directions, initiatives and trends within scope of expertise to provide ideas, guidance and recommendations
Master's degree in Business, Information Technology or closely related AND eight (8) years web, database or related experience with 3 years full project management within an IT environment, OR, any equivalent combination of experience, and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience with Drupal site building, administration, and maintenance is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ASU brand standards or willing to learn
- Experience authoring content using a Content Management System; Drupal site-building and/or developer immersion training a plus
- Experience with developing custom themes and modules in Drupal
- Demonstrated knowledge of migrating Drupal 7 websites to Drupal 8/9
- Experience in creating wireframes; Demonstrated knowledge of responsive web design and web usability best practices, UX and information architecture (omni platform).
- Experience with search engine optimization (SEO) and analytics tracking tools (Google Analytics, etc.) a plus
- Experience working with multiple websites, projects, and deadlines
- Demonstrated knowledge of ASU brand standards or willing to learn
- Experience in exercising a high degree of judgment and diplomacy; evidence of effective interpersonal/communication skills; understanding and responding appropriately to requests; escalating urgent/conflicting requests; applying good/concise communication skills during personal; establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Professionally represent department/program
- Sit or stand for prolonged periods of time
- Work collaboratively across various departments within the University as well as with diverse populations and groups
- Develop and deliver presentations to groups
- Use computers effectively – including inputting, reviewing and retrieving information, extended periods of viewing screen and using mouse and keyboard
- Use critical thinking to make decisions and/or analyze data
- Research, develop, implement and assess programs
- Develop budgets and monitor expenditures
- Supervise students and/or staff
- Communicate effectively
- Walk throughout campus for meetings or events, regardless of the weather
- Work collaboratively to achieve objectives
- Climb stairs in locations with no elevator, such as with the mezzanine level of the MU, or Irish Hall
- Ability to lift 35 lbs.
Educational Outreach and Student Services (EOSS) is committed to enrolling all qualified students at Arizona State University and assisting them in their academic success. EOSS provides a broad range of services and support to students and prospective students ranging from outreach efforts with K-12 schools, orientation programs for new freshman, bridge programs to assist the transition to a university environment, and a wide variety of services, programs and activities for enrolled students. EOSS has direct responsibility for multiple departments across four campuses, some of which include the Dean of Students, University Housing, Health Services, Counseling Services, Disability Resources, the Memorial Union, TRIO programs, Sun Devil Fitness, Student Government, Student Media, Career Services, Access ASU and others.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements - Under the recent executive order issued by President Biden requiring all employees of federal contractors to receive COVID-19 vaccinations, ASU expects all employees, including new hires, to be vaccinated unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation. Proof of vaccination will be required by January 4, 2022. For questions about medical or religious accommodations, please visit the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion’s https://cfo.asu.edu/DEI and see “Workplace accommodations”.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources .
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
Director, Creative Services, American University in Cairo, Egypt, 9 days ago
Reports to: Senior Director, Marketing Communications Project Purpose: The job holder of creative services oversees all aspects of the branding, design and visual representation of the Universit...
Fullstack Engineer (It Cda Wf 2021 139 Ld), CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research, Switzerland, 2 days ago
Introduction Join a dynamic team to take an active role in developing and managing IT services and provisioning Web based tools and applications used by hundreds of CERN’s engineers every day. Wor...
Web Production Manager, University Marketing & Communications, Integrated Marketing & Branding [R0128570], University of Nevada Las Vegas, United States, about 12 hours ago
The University of Nevada, Las Vegas invites applications for Web Production Manager, University Marketing & Communications, Integrated Marketing & Branding [R0128570] PROFILE of the UNIVERSITY Fou...
Web & Content Lead, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia, 6 days ago
Position Summary: KAUST is pursuing a global branding and communications strategy with the aim of establishing a global reputation for the university. This role will bring proven expertise and exp...
Equity Leadership Community (Elc) Program Coordinator 2 Positions, Washington State University, Worldwide, about 13 hours ago
Title: 1358-YN - Web Coordinator Business Title: Web and Digital Publishing Coordinator Location: Employee Type: Admin. Professional Job Family: Administrative Professional - OT Eligible Position ...
Senior Web Communications Specialist, University Marketing & Communications, Integrated Marketing & Branding [R0128594], University of Nevada Las Vegas, United States, about 13 hours ago
The University of Nevada, Las Vegas invites applications for Senior Web Communications Specialist, University Marketing & Communications, Integrated Marketing & Branding [R0128594] PROFILE of the ...