Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
About Us: Emory University is a distinguished institution of higher learning, recognized for its dedication to academic excellence, groundbreaking research, and fostering an inclusive and innovative learning environment. We're looking for a skilled and experienced Web Developer to join the Center for Infectious Disease Modeling & Analytics and Training Hub (CIDMATH). CIDMATH is one of 13 Centers funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to improve outbreak response using data, modeling, and advanced analytics for ongoing and future infectious disease threats and public health emergencies. Our focus includes developing methods, tools, and integrating existing and novel data streams for infectious disease modeling, coupled with offering state-of-the-art training for the modeling community.
- Designs and creates intuitive and applicable user experiences through information architecture, graphic design and user interface development for websites and applications.
- Conducts research through analysis of current behaviors and future needs, interviewing key stakeholders and target audiences, and studying leading practices and emerging trends.
- Identifies and documents user and technical requirements.
- Develops production quality mock-ups and clickable prototypes as well as production ready graphics, interfaces, templates, and sites.
- Develops final production XHTML and CSS code and web templates and implements solutions within publishing environments.
- Consults with stakeholders and users to determine cost effective and high quality solutions and advises on the feasibility and direction for website initiatives.
- Evaluates the usability of designs through usability testing and personal expertise.
- May act as a liaison between the department/division and contractors to ensure the expected level of quality with deliverables.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
ADDITIONAL JOB DETAILS:
Job Summary: As a Web Developer, you will play a crucial role in developing and maintaining web-based tools and platforms that support our research efforts. You will collaborate closely with epidemiologists, data scientists, and researchers to create user-friendly and data-rich web applications. This role offers a unique opportunity to combine your skills in web development and epidemiology to contribute to impactful public health projects.
- To develop a website for the newly formed Center for Infectious Disease Modeling & Analytics and Training Hub (CIDMATH). CIDMATH
- Web Application Development: Design, develop, and maintain web-based applications and dashboards for epidemiological data analysis and visualization.
- Data Integration: Integrate data sources used by CIDMATH researchers, including epidemiological data, health records, genomic data and research findings, into web applications.
- User Interface (UI) Design: Create intuitive and visually appealing user interfaces that facilitate data exploration and interpretation.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with CIDMATH epidemiologists, data scientists, and researchers to understand project requirements and translate them into web solutions.
- A bachelor's degree and three years of experience in the design and development of websites or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Graphic design, user interface design and/or information architecture experience preferred.
NOTE: This role will be granted the opportunity to work from home regularly but must be able to commute to Emory University on a flexible weekly schedule based upon business needs. Schedule is based on agreed upon guidelines of department. This role requires residency in the state of GA. Emory reserves the right to change remote work status with notice to employee.
Emory University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status. Emory University does not discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment on the basis of any factor stated above or prohibited under applicable law. Students, faculty, and staff are assured of participation in University programs and in the use of facilities without such discrimination. Emory University complies with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act, and applicable executive orders, federal and state regulations regarding nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. Emory University is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to the Emory University Department of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Building, Atlanta, GA 30322.
Emory University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Department of Accessibility Services at 404-727-9877 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD). Please note that one week advance notice is preferred.
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration!
Multi Media Specialist, University of Mississippi, United States, 16 days ago
This position supports the effective use of video, audio, graphical and other electronic media. The incumbent provides user support, troubleshoots technology problems, maintains technology related...
Projects Specialist Content Designer, University of Otago, New Zealand, 1 day ago
Projects Specialist - Content Designer-2400284 TRANSFORMATION AND IMPROVEMENT OPERATIONS DIVISION • Great people and a collaborative culture. • Family friendly employer + on-site childcare p...
Web Content Writer, Subjects, Qualifications & Courses (Sqc), Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, about 19 hours ago
« Back to Jobs Web Content Writer, Subjects, Qualifications & Courses (SQC) Location: Kelburn Type: Contract Post Date: Tue Feb 13 01:45:25 2024 Ref: 309 Are you interested in a fixed-term, full-t...
Software Architect And Engineer Innovative Information Infrastructures (F/M/D), Leibniz, Germany, about 17 hours ago
At our Kiel or Hamburg location, we are offering a position at the earliest opportunity to join our team as Software Architect and Engineer for innovative Information Infrastructures (f/m/d) Candi...
Associate Professor (Epidemiology), NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, United Kingdom, 28 days ago
The National University of Singapore – which is the top ranked university in Asia – is recruiting full-time Associate Professors/Professors for the Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health (SSHSPH). ...
It Specialist Of The Iis Biobizkaia, Biobizkaia Health Research Institute, Spain, 21 days ago
7 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company Biobizkaia Health Research Institute Research Field Medical sciences » Other Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Spain Applicatio...