Job ID: 41894
Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Fine Arts or related field and three years of related experience. Portfolio of work indicative of ability required. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the requirements noted. Grade EF. Salary minimum $47,476, midpoint $56,216, maximum $72,826.Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in design, art or fine art
- 3 years of experience in designing websites professionally
- Knowledge of W3C Web Standards, ADA and Sections 508 and 504 compliance
- Demonstrated understanding of mobile-first design approach
- Experience in web design integrated into content management systems
- Proficiency in using traditional design software as well as in-browser design methods
- Understanding of UI and UX concepts
- Demonstrated experience working within brand design systems
- Have an online portfolio demonstrating work
- The ideal candidate will be a creative individual with high attention to detail, team-oriented with a commitment to self-improvement and able to successfully balance a diverse workload
The Office of Communications and Marketing is seeking a talented Web Designer to advance the university's web presence. This position will create thoughtful design solutions for our digital properties that address audience needs, informed by marketing data and in accordance with brand and accessibility standards. This is a collaborative position that works closely with web developers, creative staff, photographers, content creators, project managers, and other key stakeholders across the university.
The ideal candidate will be a creative individual with high attention to detail, team-oriented with a commitment to self-improvement and able to successfully balance a diverse workload.
- Design websites and web components within an enterprise design system for use within the university's primary digital marketing platforms.
- Research and identify visual and experiential opportunities to improve or extend the university's web platforms.
- Create digital solutions that achieve specific marketing goals using layout, written content, typography, media and existing brand elements.
- Collaborate with other creative staff, in-house and agency partners, to faithfully execute UofL's visual brand platform across a variety of digital media.
- Communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals to complete projects and reach goals.
- Adhere to user experience principles and accessibility standards when designing user interfaces.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Please include a cover letter, resumes, and a link to an online portfolio of work indicative of ability and including information detailing the professional capacity served within all presented work uploaded as one document.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Louisville is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, age, color, national origin, ethnicity, creed, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, pregnancy, or veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact the Employment team at email@example.com or 502.852.6258.How To Apply -Staff Positions
To apply for this position, follow the "Online App. Form" link below and then click on the "Apply Now". You must answer all required fields and submit your application by clicking the "Submit" button. Detailed instructions are available at louisville.edu/jobs in the "My Career Tools" section. Vacancies are routinely removed from the jobs portal around 7:00PM each Monday.
Only ONE attachment can be uploaded per application. If you wish to include a cover letter or other documents, please combine them as one document with your resume/cv, save the document with a simple short title that contains only letters, spaces, or numbers, and then upload.
Computers are available for application submission at the Human Resources Department located at 1980 Arthur Street - Louisville, Kentucky 40208. For more information, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 502-852-6258.
If you require assistance or accommodation with our online application process, you may schedule an appointment at (502) 852-6258 with Employment Services at the Human Resources office located at 1980 Arthur Street, Louisville, KY 40208.
Research Fellow, Soft Robot Design And Actuation, NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, Europe, 16 days ago
Job Description We are looking for a skilled and motivated candidate, with expertise in soft robotics design and technologies, for research in assistive robotics. The selected candidate will be as...
Postdoc Secure And Private Robot Control, Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), Netherlands, 9 days ago
Autonomous robots (such as cars, vessels, and drones) will be widespread in our daily lives, aiming at reducing pollution while improving traffic efficiency and safety. While these technologies ha...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow: Health Sector Service Innovation, OsloMet – Oslo Metropolitan University, Norway, 1 day ago
The Faculty of Technology, Art and Design (TKD) offers higher education and research and development (R&D) activities, within design, art and technical subjects. The faculty has approximately 3.0...
Ph D Research Fellowship Available As Part Of The Dreams (Design Re Engineering And Modularization In Shipbuilding) Project. , NTNU, Norway, 2 days ago
This is NTNU NTNU is a broad-based university with a technical-scientific profile and a focus in professional education. The university is located in three cities with headquarters in Trondheim. A...
Visiting Researcher In Aalto University School Of Arts, Design And Architecture (Unfunded Position), Aalto University, Finland, 4 days ago
COVID19 notice: Dear applicant. Due covid19 situation we are processing new applications for visitor positions starting in beginning of 2022 at the earliest. The accepted visits will be realized o...
Professor Of University / Postdoctoral Degree In Art, Artistic Discipline Of Fine Arts And..., State University of Applied Sciences in Nowy Sacz, Poland, 4 days ago
The competition may be entered by persons who meet the requirements specified in Art. 113 of the Act of July 20, 2018 Law on Higher Education and Science (Journal of Laws of 2021, item 478, as ame...