Posting Detail Information
|Working Title||Veterinary Technology I, PRN - CCU, UC, IMCU|
|Position Location||Fort Collins, CO 80523|
|Does this position qualify for hybrid or remote work?||No|
|Classification Title||Veterinary Technology I|
|Position Type||State Classified|
|Salary||$17.72 per hour + FULL BENEFIT OFFERINGS|
Colorado State University (CSU) and the State of Colorado are committed to providing employees with a strong and competitive benefits package that supports you, your health, and your family. Visit CSU’s Human Resources website for detailed benefit plan information for permanent full-time and part-time classified employees in the following University benefit areas: https://hr.colostate.edu/hr-community-and-supervisors/benefits/benefits-eligibility/ and https://hr.colostate.edu/prospective-employees/our-perks/ .
|State Classified Hourly||Yes|
|Description of Work Unit||
At the Colorado State University Veterinary Teaching Hospital, we exist to educate the next generation of veterinarians by providing exceptional veterinary care and service to the community. This work unit exists to instruct professional veterinary students/veterinary technician interns, triage and provide nursing care to emergency/critical care patients, to collect blood/tissue samples for evaluation, to perform physical examinations, to maintain accurate medical records, to appropriately communicate concerns to primary clinicians, and to provide clear and accurate information to the clients whose animals are hospitalized.
This position provides technical and nursing support to CCS patients and VTH clinicians, students and clients. The position triages emergencies, provides nursing care to hospitalized patients, recovers post-operative patients, and communicates with the CCS team regarding patient concerns. This position also instructs vet technician students, junior and senior professional veterinary students.
Work schedule information:
Overnight position, either 10pm to 8am or 9pm to 7am.
40 hours split between 2 units in the VTH, IMCU and UC.
Days of the week and hours will depend on the needs of both units but will be a set schedule.
* Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university in veterinary/animal health technology AND one year of experience assisting in the direct care of emergency and critical care small animal patients (e.g.: canine and feline).
Additional experience as outlined above can substitute for the Associate’s degree.
The highly desired candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills, abilities, personal characteristics, and experience directly related and critical to this position:
* Certified Veterinary Technologies, Registered Veterinary Technologist or Licensed Veterinary Technologist.
* Demonstrated experience providing customer service in a fast-paced environment (e.g.: high traffic, stressful, or rapid problem solving).
* A strong desire to learn and advance medical and technical knowledge base.
* Proactively teach and courage in a supportive manner.
* Ability to be compassionate and empathetic to clients in emotional situations
* Demonstrated experience working with a team and managing conflict.
* Strong attention to detail and analytical skills.
* Ability to problem-solve and critically think through situations/scenarios.
* Prioritization and organizational skills.
Essential Job Duties
|Job Duty Category||Patient Support/Care|
• Assist in providing clinical support to the faculty veterinarians under the direction of the CCS team in the delivery and instruction of primary care services for small animals.
• Proper restraint of patients without injury to patient, self, or others.
• Properly triage all emergency and critical care patients.
• Ability to perform the nursing skills for this level.
• Able to perform venipuncture and place IV catheters .
• Ability to assist in CPR.
• Accurately perform basic drug calculations.
• Able to observe and recognize changes in patient status.
• Properly perform medical treatments on hospitalized patients, assist with clinical procedures and direct patient care.
• Must demonstrate caring behavior with all patients.
|Percentage Of Time||60|
|Job Duty Category||Instruction and Team Contribution|
• This position instructs professional veterinary students and veterinary technician interns.
• This position maintains the professional function and appearance of three work areas by stocking, organizing and cleaning.
• Role models teamwork as a congenial member of the CCS and VTH team.
• Demonstrates tact and is responsive to others.
• Supports and appreciates the diversity of coworkers, students, clients and visitors.
• This position provides assistance to interns, residents, students, faculty, and co-workers.
• Assist students in learning various techniques, protocols, and procedures.
• Attend and assist in shift change case rounds.
|Percentage Of Time||20|
|Job Duty Category||Billing and Documentation|
• Thorough knowledge of medical documentation to include treatment sheets, observation sheets, communication sheets, clinicians’ orders, and the medical record.
• Have a strong working knowledge of the billing system and ensure that all charges are recorded in an accurate and timely manner.
• Enter all patient information on to nurses board or triage board.
• Have a strong knowledge of patient billing for all CCS services.
• Visually inspect all patients before discharges.
• Ensure all parts of the medical record is complete (ie. discharge instructions, op reports, scripts, etc.).
|Percentage Of Time||15|
|Job Duty Category||Maintain Service Areas|
• Responsible for cleaning, stocking and organization of units.
• Maintain equipment functionality within units.
• Check drugs and supplies for expiration date and stock supplies when needed.
• Sweep and mop floors when needed
• Empty trash cans and laundry daily as needed.
• Submit work orders to ensure proper repairs are made.
|Percentage Of Time||5|
|Special Instructions to Applicants||
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION
* Clearly document job duties you have performed that relate to minimum qualifications, preferred qualifications, and essential job duties in the Work Experience section on the application. Human Resources must be able to evaluate your experience based on this information.
* Clearly outline dates of employment and hours worked per week for each employment experience listed in the Work Experience section of the Application so that Human Resources can calculate full-time work experience. Please note: Part-time experience will be calculated to determine the full-time equivalent.
* The Work Experience is the only document that will be utilized to determine if minimum qualifications, as outlined in the job posting, have been met. The Application is considered to be the legal document on file; resumes will not be reviewed for minimum qualification requirements.
* If an Application is considered “Incomplete”, the Application will be removed from consideration for the position.
* An Application is incomplete if no current/ previous employment is included in the Work Experience section of the Application.
* An Application is incomplete if “see resume” (or something similar) is noted, or previous employment does not contain job duties for every position in the Work Experience section of the Application.
* Positions requiring a degree or if using education as a substitution for work experience (e.g.: Associate or Bachelor’s) transcripts are required in order to verify receipt of the required degree or coursework. If official or unofficial transcripts are not supplied at the time of application, the Application is incomplete.
When a resume is listed as a required document, it may be used in the comparative analysis/ evaluation process to determine the candidates that most closely meet the qualifications of the position. This process occurs after an application has passed the minimum qualifications screening.
* Resumes will not be accepted in place of a completed application; however, some positions may still require a resume as a component for complete application materials.
Please see the Required Documents section of the posting.
Appointment to the vacancy or vacancies represented by this announcement is expected to be from the eligible list created. However, at the discretion of the appointing authority, the position(s) may be filled by another method of appointment for a valid articulated business reason.
* The selection process for State Classified positions may include an exam(s) and interview(s) which require candidates to physically appear (at the CSU campus in Fort Collins, CO) at the candidates’ own expense.
* All status updates for this position will be sent via email from firstname.lastname@example.org, OR the Employment Consultant facilitating the search process. In addition to your Inbox, remember to check the Deleted and Junk folders for these important communications.
* Pertinent updates to your Application status can be obtained by logging into your application account at https://jobs.colostate.edu
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion at Colorado State University
The State of Colorado believes that equity, diversity, and inclusion drive our success, and we encourage candidates from all identities, backgrounds, and abilities to apply. The State of Colorado is an equal opportunity employer committed to building inclusive, innovative work environments with employees who reflect our communities and enthusiastically serve them. Therefore, in all aspects of the employment process, we provide employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, medical condition related to pregnancy, creed, ancestry, national origin, marital status, genetic information, or military status (with preference given to military veterans), or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.
Colorado State University is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, our agency will assist individuals who have a disability with any reasonable accommodation requests related to employment, including completing the application process, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, participating in the employee selection process, and/or to perform essential job functions where the requested accommodation does not impose an undue hardship. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to ensure you have a positive experience applying or interviewing for this position, please direct your inquiries to our Human Resources – Employment Office, at email@example.com or call (970) 491- MyHR(6947).
DEPARTMENT CONTACT INFORMATION
* Please check the Help link online at https://jobs.colostate.edu/help/ for assistance on your application or for answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
* All other inquiries should be directed to the Colorado State University Human Resources Office (970) 491- MyHR(6947).
|Conditions of Employment||Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires), Essential Services Designation - Required to report without delay or interruption to provide essential or emergency services to ensure health, safety, and welfare., Shift Work - flexibility to work all hours and shifts including overnights, weekends, holidays. , On-call Status - flexibility to report to VTH same day to provide necessary staffing support , Use, Handling, or Exposure to hazardous materials - chemotherapy agents|
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
The Acting Title IX Coordinator is the Vice President for Equity, Equal Opportunity and Title IX, 123 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO. 80523-0160, (970) 491-1715, firstname.lastname@example.org .
The Section 504 and ADA Coordinator is the Vice President for Equity, Equal Opportunity and Title IX, 101 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523-0160, (970) 491-5836.
|Background Check Policy Statement||
Colorado State University strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will also be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the University, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.
|Employment and Appeal Rights||
If you receive notice that you have been eliminated from consideration for the position, you may protest the action by filing an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the date you receive notice of the elimination. Also, if you wish to challenge the selection and comparative analysis process, you may file an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the receipt of notice or knowledge of the action you are challenging.
Environmental Education Instructor: Colorado, YMCA of the Rockies, United States, 15 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyYMCA of the RockiesLocationEstes Park, ColoradoJob CategoryTemporary/Seasonal PositionsSalary$14.15/hourStar...