Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
Dedicated to discovering causes, preventions, treatments, and cures of disease, Emory National Primate Research Center (EPC) is improving human and animal health and lives worldwide. One of seven NPRCs funded by the NIH, EPC conducts studies that make breakthrough discoveries possible. Learn more at http://enprc.emory.edu
The Division of Veterinary Medicine within the Emory National Primate Research Center Field Station (Lawrenceville, GA) at Emory University is currently seeking a full time Veterinary Technician II to join our team. Our work consists of assisting the veterinarians in diagnostic and preventative procedures or treatment of animals. Job responsibilities will also include working with colony management and assisting investigators in data collection or reporting.
Collaborate. Innovate. Serve. These three simple words capture what we do at EPC to help advance science and improve the health and well-being of humans and non-human primates. If you are someone with laboratory research experience who is able to perform veterinary technical skills and animal care, this is an amazing opportunity to indirectly save and change lives and make a positive impact in the science and research community.
The ideal candidate should be motivated, dependable, detail-oriented, have a positive attitude and passion for research. The Veterinary Technician II will be a team player who is willing to learn on the job and collaborate with lab members and center members. The Veterinary Technician II will work to ensure the highest quality of veterinary care and laboratory research support, and has good communication skills with co-workers, the management team, PI’s, research staff, students, and other support services.
- Under general supervision, assists the veterinarians and researchers in surgery and radiology, animal care, treatments, and diagnostic and preventative procedures.
- Maintains medical records and inventory.
- Provides non-surgical technical assistance to researchers as directed.
- High School diploma or equivalent with hree years of experience as a veterinary technician OR High school diploma or equivalent and four years of experiences as an animal care technician OR Graduation from a two-year veterinary technician program and one year of veterinary technician experience.
- Must have basic veterinary technical skills.
- Strongly prefer a licensed veterinary technician with work experience in a veterinary hospital or research facility.
- Position is most suitable for a veterinary technician that can learn and implement new skills and competently work in a high-paced environment.
- The Veterinary Technician II may assist in training veterinary residents, veterinary students, veterinary technician students, and/or animal care technicians.
- Additional duties include assisting in capture or restraint of animals and related responsibilities as required.
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills.
- This job is located at the Emory Primate Center Field Station in Lawrenceville, Georgia.
- The work schedule is Monday – Friday, 7:30am - 4:00pm. Weekend and Holidays required on a rotating schedule with coworkers.
- This position includes an indoor and outdoor work environment that may require working in inclement weather conditions.
- Work environment will require learning about new animal species and species-typical behavior in order to accurately assess health conditions.
- Work environment involves working with biohazardous blood and tissues
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions
- Requires the ability to bend, kneel, and/or squat and lift up to 50lbs
- A valid driver’s license and insurable driving record may be necessary
PRE-EMPLOYMENT SCREENING STATEMENT:
Emory NPRC in conjunction with Emory University conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which may include an INA and criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications, drug screening, requirement of various vaccinations, and health assessment. Employment is contingent upon a clear background screening.
NOTE: Position tasks are required to be performed in-person at an Emory University location; working remote is not an option. Emory reserves the right to change this status with notice to employee.
To ensure the safety of our campus community, the COVID-19 vaccine is required. For more information on the University and Hospital policies and potential exemptions, please see our website.
Emory University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status. Emory University does not discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment on the basis of any factor stated above or prohibited under applicable law. Students, faculty, and staff are assured of participation in University programs and in the use of facilities without such discrimination. Emory University complies with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act, and applicable executive orders, federal and state regulations regarding nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. Emory University is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to the Emory University Department of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Building, Atlanta, GA 30322.
Emory University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Department of Accessibility Services at 404-727-9877 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD). Please note that one week advance notice is preferred.
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration!
Research Veterinarian , University of Zurich, Switzerland, about 11 hours ago
Center for Surgical Research Research Veterinarian 100 % The University of Zurich, Center for Surgical Research, is looking to appoint with immediate effect or by agreement Veterinarian Research 10...
Histology Technician, UNIVERSITY OF SURREY, United Kingdom, 9 days ago
FHMS Faculty Admin Location: Guildford Salary: £24,948 to £26,396 Post Type: Full Time Closing Date: 23.59 hours GMT on Monday 13 February 2023 Reference: 002823 An exciting opportunity has arisen...
Wildlife Veterinarian: Lao Pdr, Lao Conservation Trust for Wildlife, United States, 24 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyLao Conservation Trust for WildlifeLocationLao PDRJob CategoryFull time PositionsSalary$500/monthLast Date t...
Msmpdir, CVM Department of Population Medicine & Diagnostic Sciences, United States, 5 days ago
Program ID:Cornell -PMDS -MSMPDIR [#24086] Program Title: Janet L. Swanson Director of Maddie’s® Shelter Medicine Program Program Type:Other Location:Ithaca, New York 14853, United States [map ] ...
Animal Care Technician I, University of Arkansas, United States, about 13 hours ago
Current University of Arkansas System employees including student employees and graduate assistants need to log into Workday on My Apps. Simply enter "Find Jobs" in the Workday search bar to view ...
Laboratory Technician, University of Alberta, Canada, 5 days ago
This position is a part of the Non-Academic Staff Association (NASA). This position has a term length of one year plus a day and offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: Fac...