Job TitleUser Experience Analyst
AgencyTexas A&M Engineering
DepartmentEngineering Communications Group
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
Job LocationCollege Station, Texas
The User Experience Analyst is responsible for designing innovative digital solutions and coordinating the measurement and tracking around key performance indicators (KPI) for Texas A&M University College of Engineering and Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station (TEES) marketing and communications activities. This includes working with Google Analytics and other tools to enhance search engine optimization (SEO), and to inform decision makers within Texas A&M Engineering about advertising and outreach. Additional responsibilities include working with developers on new approaches to dynamic web design and collaborating with web content strategists and strategic marketing teams within Texas A&M Engineering. Analytics data collected will inform strategic planning and decision-making to ensure effective content placement and implementation of marketing strategies.
- Creates digital designs for new sites, site redesigns and site templates. Leads the team in deploying fresh, dynamic and trending digital design concepts across Texas A&M Engineering web channels.
- Provides basic feedback to web developers specific to site functionality and UX layout coding. Maintains the appearance of websites by enforcing design standards.
- Creates and supplies reports and/or dashboards for executive members and external users regarding web analytics. Leads Google Analytics and other digital and web analytic tools to monitor marketing effectiveness across Texas A&M Engineering channels.
- Collaborates with all members within Texas A&M Engineering Communications to create a cohesive and centralized data resource. Is responsible for coordinating the measurement and tracking around key performance indicators (KPI) for marketing and communications activities.
Strategic Counsel and Planning:
- Provides strategic counsel across Texas A&M Engineering. Develops strategies and implements new features and tools across analytics and other platforms.
- Manages internal and external strategy and analytics to support the mission of Texas A&M Engineering. Implements and recommends tools and facilitates data-driven discussions.
- Makes recommendations according to analytics across Engineering Communications units.
- Informs marketing manager and prospective student outreach teams on the best channels and placement.
- Increases awareness and knowledge of emerging media trends and technological advances.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Five years of experience in Digital or Web Design, Analytics, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), or Web Strategy.
- Masters or higher degree in an applicable field.
- Significant experience in Analytics, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), and Web Strategy and implementation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to do controlled experiments for marketing and engagement purposes.
- Ability to create data reports and find trends and communicate those effectively.
- Proficiency with Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics UA and GA4, Data Studio and or similar applications.
- Proficiency with web analytics tools such as CrazyEgg
- Basic understanding of user experience design best practices and working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Working knowledge of the implementation and limitations of analytic tools implementation in college and TEES websites.
- Ability to effectively communicate with individuals at all levels both internally and externally.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with content SEO.
- Nuanced understanding of digital experience technologies from both marketer and consumer point of view, with awareness of developing trends and IT solutions.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, including Adobe XD.
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
- Proficiency in Google platform, including Google Analytics, Google Search, Google MyBusiness, Google Insights and Google Ads.
Preferred Licenses and Certifications:
- Google Analytics Certification
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Web & Information Designer, Texas A&M University, United States, 14 days ago
Job Title Web & Information Designer Agency Texas A&M University Department Marketing & Communications Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job D...
Talent Acquisition Specialist, Texas A&M University, United States, about 5 hours ago
Job Title Talent Acquisition Specialist Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Engineering Human Resources Proposed Minimum Salary $3,750.00 monthly Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type S...
Director, Editorial Services, Texas A&M University, United States, 14 days ago
Job Title Director, Editorial Services Agency Texas A&M University Department Marketing & Communication Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job ...
Graphic Designer I, Texas A&M University, United States, 6 days ago
Job Title Graphic Designer I Agency Texas A&M University Department Marketing & Communications Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Descripti...
Program Specialist I Special Events & Vip Visit Coordinator, Texas A&M University, United States, 1 day ago
Job Title Program Specialist I - Special Events & VIP Visit Coordinator Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Events and Donor Relations Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College...
Communications Specialist I, Texas A&M University, United States, 7 days ago
Job Title Communications Specialist I Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Turbomachinery Laboratory Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job ...