Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation.
- USDA Agricultural Research Service (ORISE)
- Job Category
- Fellowships & Scholarships
- Stipend DOE
- Start Date
- Last Date to Apply
- A masters-degree level research opportunity is currently available with the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), Agricultural Research Service (ARS), Foreign Animal Disease Research Unit (FADRU) located in Plum Island, New York. This research opportunity will support the ARS Grand Challenge in Predictive Disease Ecology and the Foreign Animal Disease Research Unit (FADRU) at ARS. This fellowship offers a research opportunity to help solve agricultural problems related to livestock and animal diseases through the analysis and visualization of geographic data across a range of spatial and temporal scales and facilitation of metadata enhancement for data discovery. One of the goals of the project is to develop and apply new geospatial technologies, tools, and methods, including artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML), to help solve complex agricultural problems that require collaboration across scientific disciplines and geographic locations. In addition, the project will rely on the synthesis, integration, linkage, and analysis of large, diverse datasets that benefit from the high-performance computing (HPC) capabilities provided by the USDA ARS SCINet Program. Please see linked website for further information: https://www.zintellect.com/Opportunity/Details/USDA-ARS-2022-0343
- The qualified candidate should have received a master's or doctoral degree in one of the relevant fields (e.g. Geography and Geosciences, Computer and Data Sciences, Earth and Environmental Sciences, Quantitative Biological and Ecological Sciences, Health and Veterinary Sciences, Mathematics and Statistics), or be currently pursuing one of the degrees with completion before January 1, 2023. See website for additional requirements: https://www.zintellect.com/Opportunity/Details/USDA-ARS-2022-0343
- Contact Person
- John Humphreys (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Bookmark the permalink .
Comments are closed.
Researcher In Aquaculture, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Sweden, 4 days ago
The Department of Animal Nutrition and Management (HUV) conducts both basic and applied research from a systems perspective, with the environment and animal welfare in focus.We work with both more...
Researcher In Rodent And Disease Ecology, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Sweden, 4 days ago
The position is placed at the Department of Wildlife, Fish, and Environmental Studies at The Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences in Umeå, Sweden. The department offers a creative and stimu...
Postdoc Position In Bioinformatics / Computational Genomics / Animal Genomics , ETH Zurich, Switzerland, about 11 hours ago
60%-100%, Zurich, fixed-term The Animal Genomics group within the Institute of Agricultural Sciences at ETH Zurich investigates animal (epi-)genomes and transcriptomes. The group applies bioinfor...
Research Assistant, Karolinska Institute, Sweden, 2 days ago
Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research? We are mainly working on human postmortem tissues, especially brains and sensory systems, including brains from depressed patients. We ar...
Postdoctoral Position In Infection Biology With A Focus On Vector Borne Viruses, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Sweden, 4 days ago
Department of Biomedicine and Veterinary Public Health Sciences The Department of Biomedical Sciences and veterinary public health belongs to the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Health, ...
Postdoc In Subcellular Resolved Spatial Transcriptomics, University of Southern Denmark (SDU), Denmark, 13 days ago
At the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, SDU we are looking for a highly motivated researcher for a two-year position, who will work with state-of-the-art subcellular-resolved spat...