Apply now Job no:6519
Work type:Full Time
Location:Providence, Rhode Island
Categories:Staff/Administration, Calendar Year (12-Month), University Marketing
Provides professional-quality video services to capture and document a wide range of activities occurring at the university
Essential Job Functions
- Works with creative team to develop and execute the video concept through to completion for strategic, video-driven projects
- Implements and executes the creative strategy through set up of lighting and audio equipment to capture the message through video
- Assists with set preparation and staging of multiple scenes, as applicable
- Utilizes knowledge of post-production work to capture high-quality audio and video, that advance the university's mission and branding; edits as necessary to determine which best portray the intended communications message
- Organizes and manages assignments, including scheduling and coordinating logistical details and necessary resources so that shoots are efficiently executed, and deadlines and client expectations are met
- Collaborates with department managers and university clients to define the nature, communications intent, and client expectations for assignments
- Archives assets in the university's digital library
- Stays abreast of technological advances and trends in digital photography software and equipment and maintains skills as appropriate
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree
- Experience working in video journalism or in other related work
Special Instructions for Applicants
- Please submit portfolio with application
Johnson & Wales University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.
Advertised:25 Mar 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close:Open until filled
Adjunct Lecturer In Visual Art, Brown University, United States, 8 days ago
The Brown University Department of Visual Art is searching for artists to primarily teach courses at the Foundation level, with the possibility of covering some upper-level courses in related area...
Assistant Professor In Residence, Film/ Animation/ Video, Rhode Island School of Design, United States, about 17 hours ago
Job Summary Overview: The Department of Film, Animation and Video in the Division of Fine Arts invites applicants for a full-time one-year faculty appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor in...
Health Educator & Prevention Coordinator, Rhode Island School of Design, United States, about 17 hours ago
Job Summary Rhode Island School of Design (RISD) seeks a Health Educator and Prevention Coordinator who will work under the direction of the Executive Director of Integrated Health and Wellness. T...
Director, Counseling & Psychological Services, Rhode Island School of Design, United States, about 17 hours ago
Job Summary Rhode Island School of Design (RISD) Office of Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) provides a range of mental health services to address the unique needs of art and design stu...
Senior Library Specialist Academic Engagement Music Library, Brown University, United States, about 13 hours ago
Job Description: Senior Library Specialist-Academic Engagement-Music Library The individual in this role performs skilled tasks and a broad range of library services at a multipurpose service poin...
Rounds Cook, Rhode Island School of Design, United States, 23 days ago
Job Summary RISD Dining + RISD * Caters is seeking several Rounds Cooks (both full- and part-time) to join its self-operated Dining Department. RISD Dining recognizes that food is not only a neces...