SOM Wichita Pediatrics
Universal Home Visitor
Job Family Group:
Job Description Summary:
The Universal Home Visitor (UHV) will provide one-on-one visits to pregnant and recently delivered persons to improve pregnancy and birth outcomes as part of the Lifting Young Families Towards Excellence (LYFTE) program. Specifically, the UHV will (1) share education on healthy perinatal behaviors and safe infant care practices, (2) screen for social determinants of health and other factors impacting maternal and birth outcomes and, (3) providing referrals to appropriate services and programs to help address identified needs. Reliable transportation and some evening and weekend availability required. This position is full-time and will pay $19.73 an hour. A cover letter and resume are required to be considered for this position.
- High school diploma/GED and at least 2 years’ experience working with community-based programs, diverse community members, heath care systems, health departments, or clinics
- Knowledge of maternal infant health and other support resources available in the community
- Experience with databases and ability to work with email, the internet and Microsoft Word, Access, Excel and PowerPoint
- Case management experience or related experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with diverse staff and varied community cultures including children and families living in poverty, both in person, virtually and by phone
- Self-directed and able to exercise independent judgment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to effectively organize and concurrently manage multiple tasks
- Ability to approach problems using critical thinking skills
- Have resided within the community for 2+ years
Home/Personal Visits - 75%
- Facilitate program enrollment and participant tracking
- Provide one-on-one visits with a goal of at least one prenatal and one post-partum visit per person
- Provide education to pregnant and recently delivered persons regarding evidence-based health recommendations and guidelines
- Identify barriers to program enrollment and participation
- Screen, provide brief intervention, and refer participants with positive screenings for tobacco, substance use, mental health concerns and other needs
- Coordinate connections to other programs to meet the needs of the participants, including:
- Refer through established partnerships with area programs and tracking outcomes of these referrals
- Ensure follow-through with enrollment, participation as needed
- Provide assistance with navigating various systems related to access to services
- Identify barriers and assist clients in strategizing to overcome these obstacles (e.g., transportation, childcare)
- Report issues outside of scope to Program Director
- Provide feedback/reports as required in line with grant requirements
Data Collection and Evaluation – 15%
- Obtain necessary authorizations and consent from participants
- Enter data relative to the program
- Review program data (with the evaluation team) to utilize in program planning and continuous program improvement
- Use referral monitoring processes to inform improvement and effectiveness
Program Planning, Coordination, Implementation – 10%
- Provide regular status updates to partners regarding successes, barriers and program needs
- Promote teamwork and cross-site collaboration among maternal and child health (MCH) staff and community collaborators
- Participate in decision making processes related to quality improvement
- Facilitate weekly program updates with the Program Director and other MCH staff
- Serve as the key liaison between the partnering organizations, volunteers, clients, the Program Director and other MCH staff members
- Attend and engage in meetings and activities with clinical site partners, as requested
- Represent the LYFTE program with referral agencies, stakeholders and at community events
- Participate in collaborative work with other state-wide sites, including attendance at relevant conferences, trainings and workshops
This position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. It is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, duties, and assignments. Furthermore, job duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
The University of Kansas Medical Center prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression and genetic information in the University's programs and activities. The following office has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: The University of Kansas Medical Center Department of Equal Employment Opportunity, 1054 Wescoe, 3901 Rainbow Blvd., Kansas City, Kan., 66160, 913-588-5088.
$19.00 - $26.60
Resident Assistant (Ra) For Pre College Programs (Temporary), Bentley University, United States, about 11 hours ago
Job Description Summary Reporting to Resident Director for Pre-College Programs with additional supervision by Program Manager for Pre-College Programs. This is a temporary position. Schedule info...
Residential Director (Rd) For Pre College Programs (Temporary), Bentley University, United States, about 11 hours ago
Job Description Summary Reporting to the Program Manager for Pre-College Programs Enrollment Management Division. This is a temporary position with multiple openings. Schedule information below: •...
Fine Arts Events Coordinator, Friends University, United States, 3 days ago
Fine Arts Events Coordinator Wichita-KS Apply View All Jobs Share This Job Job Description Friends University is committed to work-life balance for its employees by offering flex work options, up ...
Residence Director, Bentley University, United States, about 11 hours ago
Job Description Summary The Residence Director is a full-time, 3 year limited term live-in professional staff member who is responsible for the overall administration of one to four residence hall...
Head Coach Powerlifting, Friends University, United States, 3 days ago
Head Coach Powerlifting Wichita-KS Apply View All Jobs Share This Job LinkedIn Twitter Facebook Email Print AddThis Job Description Friends University is committed to work-life balance for its emp...
Director, Gender And Sexuality Student Programs, Bentley University, United States, about 11 hours ago
Job Description Summary Oversee the Gender and Sexuality Programs Office, with primary responsibility for the development and delivery of programming and initiatives to engage and educate Bentley ...