Primary Function: The role of a Student Coach is to provide knowledgeable assistance to students to help ensure completion of degree(s) and achievement of educational goals. Assistance is provided by advising students to develop degree plans, review advisement reports, and track progress toward degree completion. Student coaches also work with students to resolve complaints and act as a liaison across departments on the students’ behalf to facilitate a successful and engaging student experience. This position provides high quality customer service to retain students using University and department best practices.
- Coaches students on academic, career and personal issues; identifies the educational and career options appropriate for each student and assists with the analysis of each option, including possible outcomes and implications. Sets up an action plan for the student to explore alternative careers and related majors.
- Identifies financial needs and explains the financial planning process, to include financial aid and eligibility. Explains financial and scholarship application processes and other applicable paperwork to those applying for financial service/lending.
- Utilizes proactive advising techniques to engage students in dialogue through in-person appointments, mail, telephone, video, e-mail, and other digital media.
- Implements departmental communication plan, based on progression through student life-cycle, which includes multiple Student Coach-initiated contact-points and timely response to student-initiated contact.
- Coaches self-reliance and supports students as they strive to make informed and responsible decisions, set realistic goals, and develops lifelong learning and self-management skills.
- Maintains and updates student records and assists student with degree planning, scheduling and registration process.
- Guides students through the student complaint process to ensure successful resolution of their concerns.
- Utilizes University assessment feedback to improve customer service and student experience.
- Partners and maintains positive relationships with respective University departments, deans, program directors and faculty to ensure a positive student experience and resolution of academic issues.
- Interprets, administers, and educates students on Bellevue University policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Participates on committees as requested.
- Participates in professional conferences and other self-directed professional development activities.
- Adheres to strict confidentiality and other ethical standards.
- Must be clearly student-focused in both philosophy and purpose.
- Practices with an understanding of Bellevue University’s interpretation of applicable laws such as, but not limited to, the Family Educational Rights and privacy Act (FERPA).
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience advising students and/or working higher education preferred.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Proficiency using MS Office products required.
- Excellent customer service orientation to establish and maintain collaborative partnerships with other departments and students.
- Knowledge of coaching practices and procedures preferred.
- Skill in student financial counseling and public relations preferred.
- Proven ability to maintain strict level of confidentiality in handling sensitive information.
- Proven ability to manage time effectively, demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving skills and be able to multi-task.
- Work involves frequent face-to-face, on-line, phone, video, email and other interpersonal contacts with students.
- Work is conducted in a typical office environment.
- Work requires flexible work hours, to include some evenings and weekends as required to meet business needs.
NOTE: The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this job. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
The Higher Education Opportunity Act requires institutions participating in federally funded financial aid programs to make information about the institution available to the public, current and prospective students, and current and prospective employees. The Bellevue University Consumer Information webpage, found at www.bellevue.edu/student-support/consumer-information/consumer-information , provides readily accessible information to help consumers make informed decisions about post-secondary education. Bellevue University’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (ASR), found at www.bellevue.edu/student-support/consumer-information/pdfs/annual-safety-report.pdf , provides information about campus crime statistics and institutional security policies and procedures as well as information about student housing fire statistics and fire safety policies. You can obtain a paper copy of these reports from the Bellevue Dean of Students office by calling 402-557-7028. In addition to this, Bellevue University is an Equal Opportunity Employer .
Academic Success Advisor, Sr., Arizona State University, United States, 4 days ago
98910BR Campus: Downtown Phoenix Academic Success Advisor, Sr. Job Description The Center for Academic and Student Affairs (CASA) is seeking a dynamic individual to join our student-centric underg...
Ed Plus Enrollment Coach Sr, Arizona State University, United States, about 13 hours ago
99271BR Off-Campus: Scottsdale EdPlus Enrollment Coach Sr Job Description This job posting is only open to current Arizona Board of Regents employees (Arizona State University, University of Arizo...
Ed Plus Enrollment Coach, Arizona State University, United States, 2 days ago
99188BR Off-Campus: Scottsdale EdPlus Enrollment Coach Job Description EdPlus at ASU is a dynamic unit of Arizona State University focused on the design and scalable delivery of digital teaching ...
Ed Plus Enrollment Coach, Arizona State University, United States, 18 days ago
98858BR Off-Campus: Scottsdale EdPlus Enrollment Coach Job Description EdPlus at ASU is a dynamic unit of Arizona State University focused on the design and scalable delivery of digital teaching ...
Enrollment Coordinator, Arizona State University, United States, 8 days ago
98990BR Off-Campus: Scottsdale EdPlus Enrollment Coord Job Description EdPlus at ASU is a dynamic unit of Arizona State University focused on the design and scalable delivery of digital teaching ...
Fire Evacuation And Peep Process Change Manager (Internal Only), King's College London, United Kingdom, 15 days ago
Job description Project implementation of new Personal Emergency Evacuation Plan (PEEP) process for King’s staff and students through: Consultation and liaison with H&SS over ownership, hosting an...