BabsonARTS presents a wide range of programming that includes theater, dance, music, film, literary and visual arts. Theater technicians cover various roles dependent on their experience including but not limited to load-in/load-out, lighting hang/focus, programming, and operation; audio playback and mixing; equipment maintenance; and, supervising use of the facility according to established procedures and systems under the direction of the Technical Director. Technicians are responsible for managing backstage operations while consistently maintaining the safety and professional standards of the Sorenson Center for the Arts for specific events as scheduled and may serve as the on-site technical representative as needed.
- Prepare and restore the venue for events
- Operate and supervise the safe and efficient use of the facility and its specialized theatrical equipment
- Depending on qualifications and needs of a particular event, provide lighting or sound design support and provide general production advice for execution of the event
- Perform and oversee limited set construction, painting, rigging, and other theatrical craft activities as needed
- Organize, manage, work with, and train students with a wide variety of backgrounds in a hands-on learning environment
- Maintain Babson College and Sorenson Center for the Arts policies and procedures
- Timely response to scheduling outreach
Ideal candidates will have experience in backstage operations in multiple departments. Candidates must be detail-oriented, punctual, have a positive attitude and strong communication skills, and be comfortable in a position of authority in emergency situations.
- 2 years of professional theatrical production experience in the arts and entertainment industry.
- Demonstrated understanding and proficiency of current theatrical production standards and their safe execution.
- Comfortable working with various genres in the performing arts: theater, music, dance, film, mixed media, talking head presentations on the arts, readings, etc.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a wide range of programming
- Ability to adapt and work collaboratively with others
- Excellent oral, interpersonal communication, and problem solving skills
- Ability to work effectively and inclusively with diverse constituencies in an academic setting where arts-related activities are not the focus of study
- Previous experience working in a college/university environment with students preferred.
- Possess a calm and approachable manner with and a proactive and self-motivated spirit
Schedule and Working Conditions:
- Events occur at various times throughout the year including daytime, evenings and weekends. BabsonARTS maintains a pool of employees to cover events, which will be scheduled on a monthly basis based on availability. There is no minimum number of shifts per month and work can complement other part-time or full-time work well.
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
Certified Cardio Dance/Zumba Instructor, Fitness And Recreation Center, Physical Education, Recreation, And Dance (23599931510502), Boston University, United States, about 17 hours ago
Certified Cardio Dance/Zumba Instructors create and deliver recreational group exercise classes in a professional and friendly atmosphere that inspire and motivate and are effective and safe for c...
Exhibit Maintenance Technician, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, United States, 1 day ago
Information on MIT’s COVID-19 vaccination requirement can be found at the bottom of this posting. EXHIBIT MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN, MIT Museum, to provide operational support and maintenance for new...
Chair Of The Theater Department, Berklee College of Music, United States, 1 day ago
Job Description: Boston Conservatory at Berklee (BCB) invites applications for the position of Chair of the Theater. Reporting to the Dean of the Theater Division, the Chair of Theater is part of ...
Assistant Chair Of Theater, Berklee College of Music, United States, 1 day ago
Job Description: As a performing arts conservatory, we acknowledge that conservatory education has historically been focused on Western classicism. Boston Conservatory at Berklee is committed to r...
Video & Multimedia Producer, Northeastern University, United States, about 21 hours ago
About the Opportunity Video Producer Northeastern University is looking for a talented Video Producer to join its award-winning video team. He/she/they are a visual storyteller with a curious mind...
Football Analyst, Boston College, United States, 2 days ago
Boston College Introduction Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,445 full-time undergraduates and 5,125 g...